Most hated?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Most hated?

Unread post by Rhody74 »

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: Most hated?

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Wow 7 hate votes!
Why the hell would Xavier be so hated?
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Only 2 hate PC.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

VCU doesn't operate like a mid major, I hate that site..
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Almost 4 times more hated than PC....take that! ;)
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow what a freakin poll
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Hurley is not liked by a lot of the fans of other A-10 schools. I would guess the Rhode Island votes came from them and PC fans. Regardless, it is just 7 votes.

The upside to the hate votes is that success on the court typically translates into these votes. I could accept more hate from others under those circumstance.
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I'd rather be hated than ignored.
While we may lose the PR share of voice in our own state, nationally we definitely get more pub than PC over the last few years even tho on the court they have performed better. A lot of that has to do with Hurley name being nationally recognized, but it's no doubt an added value to him as our coach.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Everybody outside of New England hates the Patriots. Nobody hates the Jacksonville Jaguars. It's a great thing to be hated.
8 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Billyboy78 wrote:Everybody outside of New England hates the Patriots. Nobody hates the Jacksonville Jaguars. It's a great thing to be hated.
Pats are hated because they've been very good for a long time. No one is hating us due to our success the past 15 years...only thing we have in common is being in New England.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

josephski wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Everybody outside of New England hates the Patriots. Nobody hates the Jacksonville Jaguars. It's a great thing to be hated.
Pats are hated because they've been very good for a long time. No one is hating us due to our success the past 15 years...only thing we have in common is being in New England.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ok, we're good now. I'll change the team. Is Fordham on that list? I haven't looked, but I'm guessing they're not.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhody74 wrote:Only 2 hate PC.
But the depth of our hate makes up for the low numbers.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
josephski
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote:Ok, we're good now. I'll change the team. Is Fordham on that list? I haven't looked, but I'm guessing they're not.
Do you really think we're hated because we finally made the tournament again? We're hated because Hurley acts like a freaking lunatic on the sideline. Not that it bothers me but lets at least be real about why other teams don't like us.
5 x
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

josephski wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Ok, we're good now. I'll change the team. Is Fordham on that list? I haven't looked, but I'm guessing they're not.
Do you really think we're hated because we finally made the tournament again? We're hated because Hurley acts like a freaking lunatic on the sideline. Not that it bothers me but lets at least be real about why other teams don't like us.
Completely agree. Whenever Rothstein tweets about Hurley, just read through the replies. Hurley has a loyal following of haters (one UMass fan and one Maryland fan in particular).
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

josephski wrote:
You think Kansas hates us because of Hurley? I think not.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

RhodyKyle wrote: Completely agree. Whenever Rothstein tweets about Hurley, just read through the replies. Hurley has a loyal following of haters (one UMass fan and one Maryland fan in particular).

Go out and live your lives, sad and random MD and UMass fans! Can you imagine being that negatively obsessed with someone you don't know, who doesn't know you, and who affects your life not at all? My goodness. The mute function on twitter is a gift from the freaking heavens. Some people have hated him because of his name (probably since he was in middle school, tbh), he wasn't as good of a player as his brother (most aren't), the way he coaches (not all that different than lots of other dudes out there), they hate Duke (which makes no sense but don't try logic). I'm not sure it can be emphasized how little thought and caring is given to that. Be accountable to the people who you work for and with, and if you mess up with them, make it right. Dassit.

This poll was not really a poll, just compiled twitter mentions, but my votes for Western Kentucky, Cal, and Oregon were noted. My comment that Oregon is the Baylor football of college basketball was, sadly, not included.
Last edited by ace 6 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
5 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

It is comical how this board has become over run with some who have no historical knowledge of URI basketball.
1 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

theblueram wrote:
josephski wrote:
You realize Kansas was almost 20 years ago right? You really think when Kansas fans pick three teams they hate most they're going to include us?

It's comical that someone here thinks that game means so much to Kansas fans that it would put us in their top 3 most hated teams.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good let them hate us we will show all them fools
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

josephski wrote:
theblueram wrote:
josephski wrote: Do you really think we're hated because we finally made the tournament again? We're hated because Hurley acts like a freaking lunatic on the sideline. Not that it bothers me but lets at least be real about why other teams don't like us.
You realize Kansas was almost 20 years ago right? You really think when Kansas fans pick three teams they hate most they're going to include us?

It's comical that someone here thinks that game means so much to Kansas fans that it would put us in their top 3 most hated teams.
Are you saying that a team who has won 2 titles since 1988 isn't going to remember when they were the #1 overall seed with one of their best players ever and got upset but an insignificant team in an insignificant conference?

We're certainly not rivals but I still hold onto really painful losses from a long time ago, there's Rhody games from 10 years ago that make me stifle vomit and those stakes were much smaller.

Kansas has true diehard fans. I'm sure there's a big segment that gag whenever they see a Ram.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

3 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Anyone who doesn't hate Kansas can't be a real American.
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Blue Man wrote:
josephski wrote:
theblueram wrote:

Are you saying that a team who has won 2 titles since 1988 isn't going to remember when they were the #1 overall seed with one of their best players ever and got upset but an insignificant team in an insignificant conference?

We're certainly not rivals but I still hold onto really painful losses from a long time ago, there's Rhody games from 10 years ago that make me stifle vomit and those stakes were much smaller.

Kansas has true diehard fans. I'm sure there's a big segment that gag whenever they see a Ram.
I'm not saying they don't remember. I'm just saying I don't think we'd make their top three most hated teams because we pulled off a huge upset.

Since that game they've been beat by 14 seed Bucknell when they were a 3, 13 seed Bradley when they were a 4, 9 seed Northern Iowa when they were a 1 seed, 11 seed VCU when they were a 1 seed, and 10 seed Stanford when they were a 2. Also back in 92 they were a 1 seed and beat by 9 seed UTEP. It's not like Kansas has never been upset in the tournament before.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I hate Stanford
3 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RIFan wrote:I hate Stanford
Arthur Lee is a punk.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

I do
0 x