Interview with Thorr Bjorn

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyfan3
ARD

Interview with Thorr Bjorn

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Hi Everyone,
I have mentioned my podcast Rhode Talk before on this forum. Today, Thorr Bjorn was gracious enough to sit down with us for an interview. We went over everything from his time at UMASS, the basketball season, an outlook for football, and touched upon baseball a little bit. It will be coming out next week in our newest episode. I will post links and everything else when it becomes available!
7 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: Interview with Thorr Bjorn

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Looking forward to it.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

Nice....looking forward to it
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Here it is guys! Hope you enjoy. If you just want to hear the interview, it starts around 27:20. Thanks!

Soundcloud links and iTunes link posted below (might take a few hours for it to show up on iTunes):

https://soundcloud.com/rhodetalk/rt-ep-52-thorr-bjorn

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/rho ... 93236?mt=2
4 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The part where he talks about Fleming.......typical AD speak.....

And at the end, when he talks about the need for field turf and lights.....get it done
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I just don't understand how anyone can be even vaguely familiar with Meade and think to themselves "you know what this place needs most? Lights and field turf!"

Ok, he's right that in theory the facility is underutilized, and I liked some of the things he was saying, but what's the point in getting outsiders to come to URI, just to have them sit on the unsafe East stands? That's not exactly the type of marketing you're looking for.

Also, is this a huge need for intramurals and the general student body? My understanding is this fall the university put lights on a separate field for intramurals
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Agree. The turf is ok the stands restrooms etc absolutely deplorable ( the true meaning not the political one)
1 x