BROWN BEATS PC!!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Re: BROWN BEATS PC!!

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Rf1,

As previously stated, I post regularly on 5-6 college bball sites...thanks for stalking me...I think? In recent years, there have been a drastically smaller number of tickets available to the general public for the RC game. Not complaining. It is what it is. Some PC fans don't like it and see it as unfair. I call it home court advantage.

Btw, no excuses for losing to brown. PC should win that game 11 out of 10 times.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

URI/PC tickets at the Ryan Center go on sale to the public with all the other single game tickets at the beginning of the year minus the season tickets and student tickets
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

twisted3829 wrote:URI/PC tickets at the Ryan Center go on sale to the public with all the other single game tickets at the beginning of the year minus the season tickets and student tickets

Precisely. Other than the first 1-2 games at the Ryan Center, there have been tickets available to the general non-season ticket holder public. URI fans however have been more eager than Friar fans to purchase them.
Last edited by RF1 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

How about this..... In order to buy tickets to the URI game at the Dunk, you must purchase a ticket
to one other PC game.
Anyone complain about that little trick?
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

to get a ticket at the Brown game you had to buy a 5 game pack or season tickets or hope there were some tickets available before the game
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Big difference between the Pizz and the Dunk.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

rodfromcranston wrote:Big difference between the Pizz and the Dunk.
Taxpayer price tag, right? What do I win for solving the riddle!?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

rodfromcranston wrote:How about this..... In order to buy tickets to the URI game at the Dunk, you must purchase a ticket
to one other PC game.
Is that for real?

That should be illegal.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Uri has done it before . Not uncommon practice. Sox do it at Fenway
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yeah, they do that and then finally relax the requirement as game day approaches and seats are still unsold.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

15 Year Lurker wrote:
rodfromcranston wrote:How about this..... In order to buy tickets to the URI game at the Dunk, you must purchase a ticket
to one other PC game.
Is that for real?

That should be illegal.
It's actually pretty standard with college and professional teams. Both in the States and in Europe.

Providence College flexed the URI game with 2 other games this year (I think it was Louisville and Notre Dame, I'm not sure though). I don't see a problem with it myself...best case scenario, you get 3 awesome basketball games for below face value (the packages were discounted) and worst case, you sell off the Louisville and ND games.

From a business standpoint, I wouldn't even have a problem with URI flexing PC with say...St Bonaventure and LaSalle, though as a fan I'd grumble about it. But if it was flexed with PC, UMass and VCU, and I wasn't already a season ticket holder, I'd be pretty fine with it.

We want a greater commitment from the athletic department to our sports, so I don't mind the athletic department demanding a greater commitment from the fans to make it happen. This goes for URI and PC or any other athletic department.
0 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus