Alumni Association - Info, Events, Etc.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: The Coaching Carousel 2017

Unread post by steviep123 »

ATPTourFan wrote:
O(+> wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:Last night when someone said that the Dan Hurley events were going to be sponsored by the Alumni Association I went to their website and saw an event listed for 4/12 with him in Providence. I didn't post it then because I have a hard time sometimes posting things like that from my phone. Today it doesn't seem to be on the website any longer.
Here's the link to the event : http://www.alumni.uri.edu/s/1638/02-alu ... &scontid=0

It definitely doesn't seem like it's sold out (9 people registered online), but it's definitely not on the calendar listing.
I emailed Christina Haas to ask what the scope of this invitation was supposed to be, as in what donor level is necessary to attend. Given the venue, I would imagine it's for Silver/Golden Ram and higher.
ATP, did she get back to you?

Does anyone have further info on the alleged event in Boston or NY? I know a few of us are in the Boston area.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Alumni Association - Info, Events, Etc.

Unread post by Blue Man »

steviep123 wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:
O(+> wrote:
Here's the link to the event : http://www.alumni.uri.edu/s/1638/02-alu ... &scontid=0

It definitely doesn't seem like it's sold out (9 people registered online), but it's definitely not on the calendar listing.
I emailed Christina Haas to ask what the scope of this invitation was supposed to be, as in what donor level is necessary to attend. Given the venue, I would imagine it's for Silver/Golden Ram and higher.

Does anyone have further info on the alleged event in Boston or NY? I know a few of us are in the Boston area.
You have to be a member of the alumni association. It's extremely worth it. You get a ton of discounts on a lot of places that are rhody sponsors - Mews, Brooks Brothers, car rentals, etc, etc - plus you're tied in for events like this for athletics and a lot of others.

http://www.alumni.uri.edu/s/1638/02-alu ... 2&pgid=392
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Blue Man wrote:
steviep123 wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:

You have to be a member of the alumni association. It's extremely worth it. You get a ton of discounts on a lot of places that are rhody sponsors - Mews, Brooks Brothers, car rentals, etc, etc - plus you're tied in for events like this for athletics and a lot of others.

Hmm...I thought I was a member. I know I was last year and do get emails from time to time. Perhaps it lapsed and I forgot to renew?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I'm signing up for the alumni assoc.....

I belonged back in the day when I was a member of the Fast Break club....but let it lapse....
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
steviep123 wrote:

Hmm...I thought I was a member. I know I was last year and do get emails from time to time. Perhaps it lapsed and I forgot to renew?
You can sign up for multiple years too, like 3 years, and save some money, $125, instead of what would be $150 if you paid $50 per year. That is what I do and then not need to worry about remembering.
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I have my membership on auto renewal. Each year they just hit my CC.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I reached out to Christina, and two things:

1. My membership did expire (thanks Blue Man!), so I'm going to renew.

2. They are planning an evening with Dan Hurley in Boston later in April, and she'll keep me posted on that as she learns more. I'll also relay any information I can as I get it (probably in a separate post once the date/event is confirmed).
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

ramster wrote:
steviep123 wrote:
Blue Man wrote:

You can sign up for multiple years too, like 3 years, and save some money, $125, instead of what would be $150 if you paid $50 per year. That is what I do and then not need to worry about remembering.
ramster, other than price, do you know if there are any differences between levels?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote:
ramster wrote:
steviep123 wrote:
ramster, other than price, do you know if there are any differences between levels?
No, not that I know of. Here are the costs that can vary depending on your category.
Cost of Alumni Association.png
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I signed up for a 3 year individual!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

The cost really is minimal to become a member. There used to be a 10% discount at the bookstore as well but I believe they just raised that to 20%... Gets pretty significant around Christmas when you're buying friends and family Rhody gear.
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

ramster wrote:
steviep123 wrote:
ramster wrote:
No, not that I know of. Here are the costs that can vary depending on your category.

Can non-alums also become members? My wife is an anchor woman
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
ramster wrote:
steviep123 wrote:

Not to sound like a jerk, but it's called the "Alumni Association" for a reason.
Last edited by Rhody15 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

NorthernRamFan wrote:
ramster wrote:
steviep123 wrote:

Actually, yes. When I asked if I could get a couples membership if my wife wasn't an alum, she said yes, that didn't matter. My wife is a Michigan alum, so last Thursday would have been interesting in my house if URI had beaten Oregon.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:
ramster wrote:

Actually, yes. When I asked if I could get a couples membership if my wife wasn't an alum, she said yes, that didn't matter. My wife is a Michigan alum, so last Thursday would have been interesting in my house if URI had beaten Oregon.
Hmm, I was told no a few years back. They must have changed the rules.
1 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote:
steviep123 wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:
Hmm, I was told no a few years back. They must have changed the rules.
My guess is as long as one of you are an alum, then you can get a couples membership. My guess is some random non alum couldn't join.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Alumni Association - Info, Events, Etc.

Unread post by TruePoint »

I'm going to leave this here until the conversation dies down, then move it off the basketball sub.
Last edited by TruePoint 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
ramster wrote:
steviep123 wrote:

I know TP is going to merge these threads, but I'll add one last thing in case anyone has questions:

I'm actually on a sub-committee on the Alumni Board, and the more who want to join the better. NRF your wife could join with you as a couple if you so wished.

Though it's intended for alums, the alumni association would never turn away anyone who wants to support the university and be more involved.

Anyone who has more detailed questions feel free to PM me so we keep it from clogging the board.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

FYI, just got the email on the Boston 'evening with Dan Hurley'. It's on April 27th from 6-8 pm at the Algonquin Club in Back Bay (on Comm Ave near where I would definitely live if I made Dan Hurley money).
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I got the same email. Also mentioned dates in Providence & NY too:

An Evening with Dan Hurley
Coach of URI Men's Basketball, A-10 Champions

Thursday, April 27, 2017
6 – 8 p.m.

Algonquin Club of Boston
217 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts

Join fellow fans for this special celebratory event, featuring
URI Men's Basketball Coach Dan Hurley.
Coach Hurley will share highlights from the men’s basketball Atlantic 10 Championship win and the team's first trip to the NCAA Tournament since 1999. Hear the inside story on the Rams' remarkable season and
a preview of what’s ahead for the team!

Cost: Complimentary; registration is required.
Includes hors d'oeurves and a cash bar.

Upcoming Events with Coach Hurley
Providence – Wednesday, April 12, 2017
New York City – Tuesday, April 25, 2017

or christina_haas@uri.edu
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Never been to (or heard of) Algonquin Club, but I'm planning on being there.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

SmartyBarrett wrote:Never been to (or heard of) Algonquin Club, but I'm planning on being there.
Ditto
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

1 x