Celebrate the Team Thursday 5pm at Ryan Center (Note Updated Time)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Celebrate the Team Thursday 5pm at Ryan Center (Note Updated Time)

Unread post by TruePoint »

Great job by EC. Such a good kid. I'd be thrilled with this run even if the team was a bunch of assholes, but the fact that they're the complete opposite of that makes me even more proud.
9 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Makes a team of nice guys losing to a bunch of dicks [Oregon] even tougher to take.

Nobody said life was fair.
5 x
spar
Kenny Green

Celebrate With The Champs Night

Unread post by spar »

I imagine some of you were able to attend the event at the Ryan this evening. I unfortunately missed the ceremony part, but hung out for a while from about 5:30 on. Got to talk to Dan for a few minutes, he was great. Such a down to earth guy. Certainly didn't come across as a guy that's contemplating a move. Especially when I brought up how strong our backcourt will be next year, and Dan obviously agreed, stating he thinks it will be one of the best in the country, which I agree with. He (like all of us), felt that with a healthy Hassan we no doubt win the Oregon game. I asked him if EC had any knee tightness down the stretch and he said yes. Said he has a minor thing that needs to be taken care of, but shrugged it off as no big deal.

Chatted with Cox a bit too, very nice guy as well. Asked him about all the "chippiness" from Oregon. He said they thought we didn't belong on the court with them. Little did they know. Said he hasn't been able to watch the replay of the game yet, didn't know when he would be able to.

My favorite part of the night was my brief interaction with Kuran...

Me: "Congrats on an awesome season."
Kuran: "Thanks man. We should still be playing right now."
Me: "I know, I'm still so pissed!"
Kuran: "I'm still so pissed too!"

Then we both laughed, it was a good moment. All the players were very gracious and polite. Took photos if you asked, chatted it up, great group of guys. Dowtin may have been one of the most polite people I have every met!

At any rate, just wanted to share a little from my experience there tonight. Curious if anyone else that attended had any good interactions worth sharing...
10 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow sounds like a great time. Nice to see we have such good scholar athletes on this team and no thugs !!!
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

It was a great time last night. I went w/my kids & we were at the end of the line. It must have taken about an hour to get through the line & the players were still gracious signing autographs & talking to the fans. I especially thank Stan for his block in the Davidson game. I told him I almost had a heart attack in the stands if it wasn't for him.

5 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I really wish I had been able to make it. What a bummer about the time being so early, 6 would have been perfect. I was thinking they could have used Keaney due to the "scheduling conflict", but then again there's no video, etc. in there. Oh well, here's to next year!
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Wish I was able to go, but I already have it cleared with the family that I go to the home opener at the RC in November. I also might be able to make the NIT Season Tip Off at Barclays....but we'll see.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
GansettSummer
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by GansettSummer »

Taylor Swift wrote:I really wish I had been able to make it. What a bummer about the time being so early, 6 would have been perfect. I was thinking they could have used Keaney due to the "scheduling conflict", but then again there's no video, etc. in there. Oh well, here's to next year!
I don't think the early time was based on the arena availability, I saw Jared and Jarvis had to leave autographs early because they had to go to class. Maybe other team conflicts as well?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Really wish I could have gone too, bad time of the day for me as well. I would loved an autographed team photo. Great closing to the season.
0 x
GO RAMS
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

GansettSummer wrote:
Taylor Swift wrote:I really wish I had been able to make it. What a bummer about the time being so early, 6 would have been perfect. I was thinking they could have used Keaney due to the "scheduling conflict", but then again there's no video, etc. in there. Oh well, here's to next year!
I don't think the early time was based on the arena availability, I saw Jared and Jarvis had to leave autographs early because they had to go to class. Maybe other team conflicts as well?
Ah, makes sense now, I was wondering why they were wandering around for a bit and not at the table with the other guys.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

GansettSummer wrote:I don't think the early time was based on the arena availability, I saw Jared and Jarvis had to leave autographs early because they had to go to class. Maybe other team conflicts as well?
I was just going to ask why Jared and Jarvis weren't there signing. I was further back in the line so I missed them.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

So, Andre Berry became the mascot?
3 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Great Video and Pictures. Thanks for posting GansettSummer
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Anybody know who that was that all the players stopped to hug when they were each introduced? Just curious.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote:Anybody know who that was that all the players stopped to hug when they were each introduced? Just curious.
Yvette,
She is fantastic.

http://www.gorhody.com/information/staf ... gan_yvette
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote:
adam914 wrote:Anybody know who that was that all the players stopped to hug when they were each introduced? Just curious.
Yvette,
She is fantastic.

http://www.gorhody.com/information/staf ... gan_yvette
Cool, thank you!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

TruePoint wrote:Great job by EC. Such a good kid. I'd be thrilled with this run even if the team was a bunch of assholes, but the fact that they're the complete opposite of that makes me even more proud.
He really is a fine young man. He and Hass (as well as the rest of their teammates) have made it a joy to root for them.
1 x