Good College Basketball Advanced Stats and Analytics Sites?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Good College Basketball Advanced Stats and Analytics Sites?

Unread post by EGram »

Anyone know any good sites aside from Kenpom? Unless I am missing some key sites it seems college baseball and hockey have superior advanced stats/analytics than mens hoops.

I don't need something super advanced but being able to for instance look at stats showing Matthews % of shots taken at/near the basket compared to his pre injury years would be great. Me and my friends are mega nerds for this stuff and it's a massive pain to have to sort through all the basic stats and shot charts to get the info we need.

I enjoyed KenPom while it was free. If he wanted to post analysis like the old baseball prospectus did and maybe published an annual book id totally buy those. But basic metrics like the ones he used to have should be available for free.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Good College Basketball Advanced Stats and Analytics Sites?

Unread post by Blue Man »

BBState/natstat

http://natstat.com/mbb/teams/

They give you a few free pageviews per day, but it's like $10 for the year of access. They do a great job.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Thanks Blue Man.

Has a bunch of stuff I was looking for. Although I still wish I could find some metrics based on shot charting and a couple other little things.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Ah - try this:

http://hoop-math.com/RhodeIsland2017.php

Not a "chart" but at least it breaks down players by where they make their shots. They have it for all the NCAA.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Confirms my observations that Cyril and Stan were amazing in not too many minutes the last 10 games of the year.

Cyril went from like a 40%ts to a 66% ts his last 10 games damn.. While being the best rebounder on the team at the same time. Kid could be an amazing a-10 big....
Last edited by EGram 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x