Congrats & good luck!!!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RamBo
Jim Eitner

Congrats & good luck!!!

Unread post by RamBo »

With Dayton's loss tonight, you guys stand alone. I can't speak for all of VCU Ram Nation, but I for one am pulling for you guys the rest of the way. Please, please bust my bracket and take these Oregon Ducks to the wood shed. After that, who knows. I think you guys have the talent to make a run.

I think it's fair to say the consensus is that Rhode Island was/is the best team in the A10. If it weren't for the slow start, I'm sure you guys would have been a much higher seed. But, it's interesting how this works out and getting the #11 seed may have been a blessing in disguise.

Go Rams!!! (Rhode Island and VCU)
11 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Congrats & good luck!!!

Unread post by TruePoint »

God speed, RamBo. We will see you guys in early '18, battling it out for the A10 - as it is supposed to be. Sorry to have kept everyone waiting, but we are back.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RamBo
Jim Eitner

Unread post by RamBo »

Your success is all of our success in the A10. I was in Pittsburgh for the A10 tournament. As the seconds were ticking down in the finals, I turned to my friend and said we just got beat by the better team. It was a tough loss for us, but I can accept it when the better team won.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RamBo wrote:With Dayton's loss tonight, you guys stand alone. I can't speak for all of VCU Ram Nation, but I for one am pulling for you guys the rest of the way. Please, please bust my bracket and take these Oregon Ducks to the wood shed. After that, who knows. I think you guys have the talent to make a run.

I think it's fair to say the consensus is that Rhode Island was/is the best team in the A10. If it weren't for the slow start, I'm sure you guys would have been a much higher seed. But, it's interesting how this works out and getting the #11 seed may have been a blessing in disguise.

Go Rams!!! (Rhode Island and VCU)
Thanks RamBo. I was pulling for VCU & Dayton as I always root for A10 schools in the tournament. You guys will be back.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RamBo wrote:Your success is all of our success in the A10. I was in Pittsburgh for the A10 tournament. As the seconds were ticking down in the finals, I turned to my friend and said we just got beat by the better team. It was a tough loss for us, but I can accept it when the better team won.
VCU and Dayton are the standard bearers in this league and we want in, honestly. We have a proud history and have been down for a long time, but we want to be part of the group that carries the torch for the league. It's not out of a lack of respect that we want be on the level of VCU, it's out of respect. One year doesn't do it, but we plan to stick around. If more teams want in, we are for that too. The more good A10 teams, the better.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Thanks for the post, very classy.

Picked against VCU in the brackets, and won.

No hard feelings!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Very classy Bo

It should be URI VCU and Dayton every year battling it out
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I sat amongst the VCU fans for 3 days in Pittsburgh - gracious & knowledgeable fans.
2 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Same here. I was completely surrounded by a sea of black and yellow in Pittsburgh and all of them were very gracious to me as well.
Last edited by Ram1019 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x