First 4 games 2017 NCAA tourny

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
urirx
ARD

First 4 games 2017 NCAA tourny

Unread post by urirx »

Tip off has occurred. Both are pretty tiny. though Mt. St. Mary's coach looks like he is due for a slightly bigger job based on his record. 3 NCAA in 6 years?
0 x
Stop! Rammer Time
Kenny Green

Re: First 4 games 2017 NCAA tourny

Unread post by Stop! Rammer Time »

Confusing end to the first game as New Orleans decides not to foul Mt St. Mary's down 1 with 34 seconds to go. Mt. St. Mary's runs the clock all the way down on their possession and misses the shot until there are 2.6 seconds left in the game. Just not enough time for New Orleans to do anything even though they were only down 1. Seems like a mistake to me on the part of New Orleans.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Stop! Rammer Time wrote:Confusing end to the first game as New Orleans decides not to foul Mt St. Mary's down 1 with 34 seconds to go. Mt. St. Mary's runs the clock all the way down on their possession and misses the shot until there are 2.6 seconds left in the game. Just not enough time for New Orleans to do anything even though they were only down 1. Seems like a mistake to me on the part of New Orleans.
Yeah that was uhh.... not a great idea.

Their coach looked like he was a 25 year old couch potato
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

poor clock management on that one. should of fouled when they got over midcourt.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow I missed that but sounds like terrible strategy

Not enough time difference like in the NBA you can call timeout and advance the ball cant do that in college
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Not a good idea. I didn't like it in the NIT semi at MSG all those years ago when we let NC run the clock down, and I think we had a 7 second differential or there-abouts. Too many bad bounces are possible. Letting it run down to 4 seconds is crazy.
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

We were fouled in that UNC game and should of been given shots. I will til the day I die believe the refs were paid huge sums of money so it was not a Dayton URI final. That team was an NCAA caliber team that got screwed by the "A10 legend" with his inability to coach.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Watching the two NIT games and I must say that one of my favorite players in the NCAA is Thomas Bryant of Indiana. Typical back to the basket center with great footwork and strength at 6-10 255, he's a beast. That's my dream player for Rhody.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am watching the first 4 and pulling for the Wake Forest Deamon Deacons
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Also good for Richmond beating Alambama in Tuscaloosa.
0 x
GO RAMS
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

I don't have a favorite in this game, but feel strongly we could play with either of these teams, and based on our last 8 games, at a higher level then what is being played. also.. there are like 50 fouls in this game and there are still 8 minutes to go
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Kansas State prevails over Wake. Will next face Cinci.
Last edited by RF1 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

so far the first three games have been close, fun to watch. now the team from up north is playing..
0 x