Watch Parties Friday March 17 4:30PM vs Creighton

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Watch Parties Friday March 17 4:30PM vs Creighton

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Assuming there will be watch parties, any info I get I will add to this initial post. I would like to try to get something going in the Boston area.

PS it's also St Patty's Day!
ramster wrote:This list includes your RI and Boston viewing parties

http://www.alumni.uri.edu/s/1638/02-alu ... 2&pgid=483
URIGONZO wrote:There will be an unofficial watch party in Newport at O'Briens Pub on Thames Street. The Gonzo will be there and the sound will be on. It is St. Patrick's Day but O'Briens knows that Rhody fans will be coming in! All are welcome.
Last edited by TruePoint 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Watch Parties Friday March 17 4:30PM vs Creigton

Unread post by TruePoint »

What's good in Boston and Providence? Surprised the alumni association has not come up with anything. The only site listed on their website is in Baltimore (?). I'm still trying I decide between Boston and providence. Likely will not be making it down to south county on account of I don't want to drive and I have to work most of the day and won't have time to get all the way down there for tip off.
Last edited by TruePoint 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I couldn't make the travel to Sac work timing-wise, so I'm down to watch somewhere in Boston. Anyone have any suggestions? Could get nutty with it being Friday and St. Patrick's Day.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This list includes your RI and Boston viewing parties

0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

Anybody know of any places in Providence that would have the sound on? All my friends are going to ladder 133 but they have a DJ for St pattys day so I'd like to go somewhere else for the game
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

For anyone that attended the A-10 Final at The Mews...do you recall if they put the TV sound up for the game?

Thx - !
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

jmck wrote:

Anybody know of any places in Providence that would have the sound on? All my friends are going to ladder 133 but they have a DJ for St pattys day so I'd like to go somewhere else for the game
I work in Providence and live in South County. Due to it being St Paddy's Day, I don't want any noise other than cheering for Rhody and hearing the announcers. It was posted that the "official" watch party is at Aarooga's in Warwick. Chances are I'll leave work and make my way down to something in the Wakefield/Narragansett area.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RI_Bred wrote:For anyone that attended the A-10 Final at The Mews...do you recall if they put the TV sound up for the game?

Thx - !
I had actually asked the bartender to turn up the volume a few seconds in. Still wasn't loud enough.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Taylor Swift wrote:
RI_Bred wrote:For anyone that attended the A-10 Final at The Mews...do you recall if they put the TV sound up for the game?

Thx - !
I had actually asked the bartender to turn up the volume a few seconds in. Still wasn't loud enough.
Cool thanks for the info!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

There will be an unofficial watch party in Newport at O'Briens Pub on Thames Street. The Gonzo will be there and the sound will be on. It is St. Patrick's Day but O'Briens knows that Rhody fans will be coming in! All are welcome.
2 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Rhody Joes tends to have the game on w/ the sound. Unless it's trivia night (tues) they are usually really good about it.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

URIGONZO wrote:There will be an unofficial watch party in Newport at O'Briens Pub on Thames Street. The Gonzo will be there and the sound will be on. It is St. Patrick's Day but O'Briens knows that Rhody fans will be coming in! All are welcome.
One of the owners lives in South County and goes to many Rhody games.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Watched the semis and final of A10 tournament in dollar bar of Mews so gonna keep riding that train
1 x
Clapton is God
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RF1 wrote:
One of the owners lives in South County and goes to many Rhody games.
Yes, I think I've seen him at most if not all games.
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Maybe he'll be buying everyone in URI gear a drink......
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Anyone near the Westwood or Dedham area going anywhere?
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

steveystuds06 wrote:Anyone near the Westwood or Dedham area going anywhere?
I work in Westwood and am currently debating on recording it and going home or heading to either Legacy Place (Kings or YardHouse) or Jake & Joe's in Norwood. My problem is I get out of work at 4:30 and will miss the start of the game, plus being St. Patty's day, places will be packed, so I'm torn on what to do.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I live in Dedham but work in the financial district downtown. More likely than not I will be trying to find a bar in the city or jumping on the commuter down to Providence, depending on who is going to be where and what time I can sneak out of the office.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote:
I live in Dedham but work in the financial district downtown. More likely than not I will be trying to find a bar in the city or jumping on the commuter down to Providence, depending on who is going to be where and what time I can sneak out of the office.
According to the watch party link posted above, the Warehouse in Boston is one of the places. TP, that isn't far from your work.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Yeah it is right around the corner actually. If I can find anyone else to go there it might be a winner for me.
1 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

Unread post by wgracie99 »

My wife and I are from Shrewsbury Ma and will be watching at BDubs. Wish had time to go somewhere else but get out of work too late.
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

In case people on this thread haven't spotted my other post, they will have multiple screens and full sound at Jimmy's Saloon in Newport (it's close to but not on Thames so you may avoid some of the St. Patrick's hubbub). In attendance will be hip-hop legend and URI grad Masta Ace ('88). A closer alternative for South County and Aquidneck dwellers, but all are welcome.
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

TruePoint wrote:Yeah it is right around the corner actually. If I can find anyone else to go there it might be a winner for me.
I actually now found out I have to take a train out of SS to Penn at 535 on Friday, thank god for tethering and games being online, but I am going to try to show up at Warehouse for the first half (or the majority of it).
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Puck Frovidence wrote:In case people on this thread haven't spotted my other post, they will have multiple screens and full sound at Jimmy's Saloon in Newport (it's close to but not on Thames so you may avoid some of the St. Patrick's hubbub). In attendance will be hip-hop legend and URI grad Masta Ace ('88). A closer alternative for South County and Aquidneck dwellers, but all are welcome.
I used to hang out at Jimmy's in the 70s.
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Billyboy78 wrote:
Puck Frovidence wrote:In case people on this thread haven't spotted my other post, they will have multiple screens and full sound at Jimmy's Saloon in Newport (it's close to but not on Thames so you may avoid some of the St. Patrick's hubbub). In attendance will be hip-hop legend and URI grad Masta Ace ('88). A closer alternative for South County and Aquidneck dwellers, but all are welcome.
Easily one of the most underrated music venues in Newport. Place is great.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Jimmy's for me was late 80's early 90's. What was the club called over by Park Home in the early 80's? That was my under age spot.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Yeah, I mostly hung out on Thames St. at the Pelham and at the Dockside (owned by former PC player Kevin Stacom), but would get up the hill to Jimmy's once in a while. Lots of good bands in Newport in those days.
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Newport on St. Patrick's day...haha. Good luck with that! It will likely be a mob scene. I'd be all for it if it wasn't on St. Patricks day.
I think I'm going to find a place a little closer to 'Gansett.
Last edited by The Dude 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Puck Frovidence
ARD

The Dude wrote:Newport on St. Patrick's day...haha. Good luck with that! It will likely be a mob scene. I'd be all for it if it wasn't on St. Patricks day.
I think I'm going to find a place a little closer to 'Gansett.
Actually, I think it will be well populated, but not in the typical St. Patty's way. Newport did their parade early this year (last Saturday), that was more the crazy day. This place is also not on Thames, so it's a little removed from the pub crawl route. I'm sure there will still be..."merrymaking"...but pretty sure Jimmy's is all in for basketball on Friday, not shamrocks. You should come by if you're near and so inclined.
0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

I talked to the GM at Snookers in Providence and they will have the sound on for the URI game. A lot of the other "sports bars" will have live music all day so I think I will set up at Snookers.
0 x
FloridaRam08
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by FloridaRam08 »

Anyone know of a viewing party in the Palm Beach County Florida area?
0 x
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

I live in Rozy and work in Westwood but I think I'm watching the game in the E.G. Area.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Watch Parties Friday March 17 4:30PM vs Creighton

I think I am officially doing the Warehouse meetup in Boston. I was thinking about trying to shoot down to RI, but that was dependent on me being able to get out of the office by 2:30, and I just had a meeting get scheduled for 3PM. Warehouse is right around the corner from my office, so it makes the most sense. Hopefully good Rhody turnout. If anyone here decides to stop by, feel free to PM me if you'd like.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: Watch Parties Friday March 17 4:30PM vs Creighton

TruePoint wrote:I think I am officially doing the Warehouse meetup in Boston. I was thinking about trying to shoot down to RI, but that was dependent on me being able to get out of the office by 2:30, and I just had a meeting get scheduled for 3PM. Warehouse is right around the corner from my office, so it makes the most sense. Hopefully good Rhody turnout. If anyone here decides to stop by, feel free to PM me if you'd like.
I would join you if I could, but I wouldn't get there in enough time. I'm leaving work early and heading to a buddy's house who lives only a few minutes from work!

Go Rhody!!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!