The 2017-2018 Season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

I'd love to get a shot at Xavier in the tourney this year. They've got some really obnoxious fans.
3 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7079
Joined: 5 years ago
x 993

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

Blue Man wrote:
ramster wrote:
RhodyKyle wrote:https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein-15-least-appreciated-players-in-college-basketball/

"Jared Terrell, Rhode Island: If E.C. Matthews and Hassan Martin were the lifeblood of Dan Hurley’s program last season, Terrell was the veins and arteries. Built like an Adonis, the 6-3 guard has shoulders that stretch from Kingston to Los Angeles and is quietly one of the best two-way perimeter players in the country. There isn’t a program in college basketball where Terrell couldn’t have an impact."

Love Rothstein's coverage of URI hoops. Not sure if he's impressed with JT's skills or wants to ask him out on a date. Either way, I'm ecstatic the nation gets to see the JT that we all got to see the past 3 years (with all of the national tv games).



and too bad we didn't land this guy. Could we ever use him now

Rokas Gustys, Hofstra: This guy craves glass like most Americans crave turkey on Thanksgiving. Gustys had two games last season with 23 or more rebounds and has averaged 12.1 rebounds or more in each of the past two years. If there’s a loose ball during a Hofstra game, there’s a good chance this kid is going to be all over it.


A) you cannot guarantee he would be performing at that level against the teams we play in the A10 and higher.

B) I like our lineup without him juuuuust fine


Sure, you can't sign them all. But it's interesting to see him in a Top 15 listing like this.
0 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5285
Joined: 5 years ago
x 522

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ace » 1 month ago

Blue Man wrote:
ramster wrote:
RhodyKyle wrote:https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein-15-least-appreciated-players-in-college-basketball/

"Jared Terrell, Rhode Island: If E.C. Matthews and Hassan Martin were the lifeblood of Dan Hurley’s program last season, Terrell was the veins and arteries. Built like an Adonis, the 6-3 guard has shoulders that stretch from Kingston to Los Angeles and is quietly one of the best two-way perimeter players in the country. There isn’t a program in college basketball where Terrell couldn’t have an impact."

Love Rothstein's coverage of URI hoops. Not sure if he's impressed with JT's skills or wants to ask him out on a date. Either way, I'm ecstatic the nation gets to see the JT that we all got to see the past 3 years (with all of the national tv games).



and too bad we didn't land this guy. Could we ever use him now

Rokas Gustys, Hofstra: This guy craves glass like most Americans crave turkey on Thanksgiving. Gustys had two games last season with 23 or more rebounds and has averaged 12.1 rebounds or more in each of the past two years. If there’s a loose ball during a Hofstra game, there’s a good chance this kid is going to be all over it.


A) you cannot guarantee he would be performing at that level against the teams we play in the A10 and higher.

B) I like our lineup without him juuuuust fine


Gustys shot free throws at a sizzling 28% last season. Twenty eight. My god, can you imagine the angst here? :)
6 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2525
Joined: 5 years ago
x 381

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Rhody74 » 1 month ago

Ace, I would love to hear your take about this year's recruiting class.
0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 13014
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1317

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 1 month ago

Do some research.
Gustys has performed very well vs. good competition,
like KENTUICKY.
He was the leading rebounder in the country last year, until
he got hurt.
Super rebounder, good around the basket, and
outstanding defensively.
So, he sucks at free throws. So did Shaq.
In the big picture, it means little, compared with
the positives.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 3981
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1004

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 month ago

ace wrote:Gustys shot free throws at a sizzling 28% last season. Twenty eight. My god, can you imagine the angst here? :)


Normally I scoff when fellow posters say they can shoot free throws better than our players. I think they overrate their ability and underrate the pressure the players are under. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt if they said they could shoot them better than Gustys
2 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5285
Joined: 5 years ago
x 522

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ace » 1 month ago

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
ace wrote:Gustys shot free throws at a sizzling 28% last season. Twenty eight. My god, can you imagine the angst here? :)


Normally I scoff when fellow posters say they can shoot free throws better than our players. I think they overrate their ability and underrate the pressure the players are under. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt if they said they could shoot them better than Gustys


And he has a decent looking shot. It all looks ok until the end. He’ll probably be back up to his norm (40% or so) this season.
0 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7079
Joined: 5 years ago
x 993

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

rodfromcranston wrote:Do some research.
Gustys has performed very well vs. good competition,
like KENTUICKY.
He was the leading rebounder in the country last year, until
he got hurt.
Super rebounder, good around the basket, and
outstanding defensively.
So, he sucks at free throws. So did Shaq.
In the big picture, it means little, compared with
the positives.


Exactly Rod,
imagine him on this years team?
I would not count him out of being on an NBA roster next year. The kid is an animal on the offensive and defensive boards.
2 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7079
Joined: 5 years ago
x 993

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

NorthernRamFan wrote:
RF1 wrote:Hope they figure out what is up with Holt and it is not serious. he is far too young to be having health issues. Reminds me a bit of Garrett's mystery illness last year. Took some time to pinpoint and treat. PC has it share of unusual early season health problems. Fazekas got mono two years ago and was out for an extended period.


Holt’s problem sounds like serious clones that a friend of mine had been a part of the intestine needed to be removed, Jarvis last year’s problem was he had colitis. That’s not a mystery to many anymore I don’t think.


Holt had abdominal surgery. He is out for the entire season.
1 x

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 3981
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1004

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 month ago

Tough break, hopefully he gets well and doesn't miss a beat next year
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5285
Joined: 5 years ago
x 522

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ace » 1 month ago

Rhody74 wrote:Ace, I would love to hear your take about this year's recruiting class.


Pretty sure it’s the same as most everyone else’s: it’s good (/hot take). I admit I don’t know much about A. Harris at all. I think the most important takeaway is that they’ve gotten nearly everyone they’ve seriously targeted so far. Think about all the names they’ve been linked to, even through summer recruiting, and a lot of those guys haven’t signed anywhere else or been brought on to campus for the coveted September/October officials. That seems to indicate they’re getting their main targets. It all has to play out, of course, but almost everything that’s happened since March 12th is working to make this is a consistently successful program.
3 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

ace wrote:
Rhody74 wrote:Ace, I would love to hear your take about this year's recruiting class.


Pretty sure it’s the same as most everyone else’s: it’s good (/hot take). I admit I don’t know much about A. Harris at all. I think the most important takeaway is that they’ve gotten nearly everyone they’ve seriously targeted so far. Think about all the names they’ve been linked to, even through summer recruiting, and a lot of those guys haven’t signed anywhere else or been brought on to campus for the coveted September/October officials. That seems to indicate they’re getting their main targets. It all has to play out, of course, but almost everything that’s happened since March 12th is working to make this is a consistently successful program.

A. Harris looks really good on film. That's all I know.


0 x

eli#10
Art Stephenson
Posts: 758
Joined: 5 years ago
x 96

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby eli#10 » 1 month ago

First film I have seen about A Harris and I like what I see. Seems to play great defense, good ball handler and can really take it to the hoop using both hands. Need to see more of his outside shot since all these clips show made jump shots.

I do not understand you know who's love affair with Gustys. How about considering his competition before going gaga about his rebounding numbers? 28% from the line would have caused this fan base to go nuts and he is way too slow to play defense in the A10 and the offense that Dan likes us to run.
0 x

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 13014
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1317

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby rodfromcranston » 1 month ago

Again, research.
This kid does very well vs. good competition.
He dominated Kentucky's frontline last year.
Think any A-10 frontcourts can play with Kentucky's?
A-10 isn't exactly loaded with demon rebounders.
Ramster knows more about basketball than you'll ever know,
and he agrees with me.
Yet your pus is directed towards me.
Keep up your petty bitch slaps, and get banned again.
Got it, troll?
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2525
Joined: 5 years ago
x 381

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Rhody74 » 1 month ago

0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5786
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1089

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby adam914 » 1 month ago

So much excitement over the recruiting news (as there 100% should be) and it's easy to forget we are a short 32 days away from opening night of the season! Can't get here soon enough.
3 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3084
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: West K
x 573

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 month ago

1 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7079
Joined: 5 years ago
x 993

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

eli#10 wrote:First film I have seen about A Harris and I like what I see. Seems to play great defense, good ball handler and can really take it to the hoop using both hands. Need to see more of his outside shot since all these clips show made jump shots.

I do not understand you know who's love affair with Gustys. How about considering his competition before going gaga about his rebounding numbers? 28% from the line would have caused this fan base to go nuts and he is way too slow to play defense in the A10 and the offense that Dan likes us to run.


Eli,

I was one here who really liked Jordan Hare, but unfortunately things did not work out for him here for various reasons. I originally reported URI had interest in Gustys - creating the recruiting thread on him. 6 months or so later URI offered Gustys.
Unfortunately Hare's return resulted in discontinuing the recruitment of Gustys, worse yet, then Hare quit again and by then Gustys had selected Hofstra over Tulane and UAB. Also recruited by Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Boston College, Rhode Island, Georgia and Hawaii among others
Sequence of events:
February 9 - Gustys officially visits URI
May 1 - Reported that Hare was returning to URI
From Zagsblog on May 2: The addition of Hare also means Rhode Island is no longer recruiting 6-8 Oak Hill forward Rokas Gustys, who is expected to announce Monday or Tuesday for Hofstra, UAB and Tulane.
May 6 - Hofstra announces Gustys signs

Gustys started at Center for the Top HS Team in the country, Oak Hill Academy. That in itself says something. It also means he is playing against the top HS/Prep competition in the country.

I think it is a bit disingenuous to say he is a 28% FT shooter. His 1st year was 41%, 2nd year 44% and last year was 28%. But, URI knew his FT Shooting and still recruited him. Wilt Chamberlain and Shaq were not good FT shooters either. His strengths are his rebounding, his physical strength, his shooting percentage and he is a descent passer.

His rebounding last 3 years:
Freshman - 5.7 rpg
Sophomore - 13.0 rpg - 2nd in Nation
Junior - 12.1 rpg - 4th in Nation

His shooting percentage last 3 years:
Freshman - 57%
Sophomore - 66%
Junior - 55%

He is a hard working, blue collar type rebounder, doing the things that help his team win.

Maybe he is in the best place at Hofstra, but I don't think you can look at him as we truly rejected him at URI.
1 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7079
Joined: 5 years ago
x 993

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

URI comes in #32 in MADNESS 144 team countdown

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15209
1 x

User avatar
Rhodymob05
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2211
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
x 426

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Rhodymob05 » 1 month ago

I’ll go with CBS at #25 forget the madness.
1 x
RHODE ISLAND RAMS 2017 A10 CHAMPS

reef
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3088
Joined: 5 years ago
x 448

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby reef » 1 month ago

So our game at Reno is not part of tip off madness ??
0 x

User avatar
RF1
Sly Williams
Posts: 4171
Joined: 5 years ago
x 762

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby RF1 » 1 month ago

ramster wrote:URI comes in #32 in MADNESS 144 team countdown

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15209



Given that URI is at #32 the top A-10 school, it is imperative (assuming these rankings are somewhat valid) that Rhody get some signature wins in the OOC portion of the schedule. The conference may not provide as many high quality opponents as it has in the past. Furthermore, as the top rated team, you do not get he chance to face yourself and are instead a big target for all the others.
3 x

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2750
Joined: 5 years ago
x 542

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby theblueram » 1 month ago

Top 25 team in place for this year. CHECK
Top 25 recruiting class for next year in place. CHECK
Increase in Season tickets. CHECK
Increase in mini plans. CHECK

Time to play some basketball!!!!!!
1 x

User avatar
ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9404
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Wakefield, RI
x 988
Contact:

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ATPTourFan » 1 month ago

Fans better get their asses over to the Ryan Center for Opening Night, NCAA Banner edition. Bring yo friends!

Seriously, Dan is very interested in attendance for this game.

Time for the fans to consistently deliver Coach Hurley and the Rams a true home court advantage EVERY game. No excuses remain.
9 x

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 3792
Joined: 5 years ago
x 908

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby bigappleram » 1 month ago

Agreed, everyone bring a friend. Need 6-7K in there opening night.
1 x

User avatar
Blue Man
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2414
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1437

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Blue Man » 1 month ago

bigappleram wrote:Agreed, everyone bring a friend. Need 6-7K in there opening night.


All my friends will be in the building.

Those not in attendance are not my friends.
9 x
Rhode Island Born
Rhode Island Bred
this team will give me heart attacks
til I'm Rhode Island dead.

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2750
Joined: 5 years ago
x 542

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby theblueram » 1 month ago

It's gonna be some night. I expect full student allotment and a raucous crowd on hand.
0 x


eli#10
Art Stephenson
Posts: 758
Joined: 5 years ago
x 96

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby eli#10 » 1 month ago

The good thing about Friday night games is that the student attendance will be quite strong.
1 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

Is work an excuse?
0 x

reef
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3088
Joined: 5 years ago
x 448

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby reef » 1 month ago

True we can't give DH any reason to be unhappy . Pack the RC as DH has done his part
2 x

User avatar
RF1
Sly Williams
Posts: 4171
Joined: 5 years ago
x 762

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby RF1 » 1 month ago

0 x

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8859
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1978

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby TruePoint » 1 month ago

Billyboy78 wrote:Is work an excuse?


What about a newborn? Looks like I'll be missing my first home opener since I was in high school this year because TPIII is going to be arriving around that time.
2 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10362
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1126

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby rambone 78 » 1 month ago

TruePoint wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Is work an excuse?


What about a newborn? Looks like I'll be missing my first home opener since I was in high school this year because TPIII is going to be arriving around that time.


Busy, busy......
0 x

User avatar
SGreenwell
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1825
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Narragansett, RI
x 62
Contact:

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby SGreenwell » 1 month ago

rambone 78 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Is work an excuse?


What about a newborn? Looks like I'll be missing my first home opener since I was in high school this year because TPIII is going to be arriving around that time.


Busy, busy......

Doing his best to contribute to Rhody's starting five in 2035.
1 x

CT Rhody
Tom Garrick
Posts: 1082
Joined: 5 years ago
x 198

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby CT Rhody » 1 month ago

ATPTourFan wrote:Fans better get their asses over to the Ryan Center for Opening Night, NCAA Banner edition. Bring yo friends!

Seriously, Dan is very interested in attendance for this game.

Time for the fans to consistently deliver Coach Hurley and the Rams a true home court advantage EVERY game. No excuses remain.


No reason not to get 7k for the opener. With a huge student turnout and coming off an NCAA tourney appearance and then this top 15 class on the recruiting trail, if not now then when? No excuses, we gotta get everybody out for this game.

Are single game tickets out for this game yet? I saw October 18th but I hope we all do our part to get this game as close to a sell out as possible.
2 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2525
Joined: 5 years ago
x 381

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Rhody74 » 1 month ago

This team deseve's a sellout opening night. Anything less than 7K would be extremely disappointing.
3 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

Just saw that the opening night game doesn't start until 7:30. I like that starting time better. I'm guessing the pre-games festivities start at 7:00? I could probably get there by the start of the game, so, I'm in.
1 x

Rhody15
Tom Garrick
Posts: 1179
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Rhode Island
x 417

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Rhody15 » 1 month ago

Billyboy78 wrote:Just saw that the opening night game doesn't start until 7:30. I like that starting time better. I'm guessing the pre-games festivities start at 7:00? I could probably get there by the start of the game, so, I'm in.


There's a women's game beforehand, that's why it's 7:30 start time.
0 x
Go Rhody

ramster
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 7079
Joined: 5 years ago
x 993

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

Rhody15 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Just saw that the opening night game doesn't start until 7:30. I like that starting time better. I'm guessing the pre-games festivities start at 7:00? I could probably get there by the start of the game, so, I'm in.


There's a women's game beforehand, that's why it's 7:30 start time.


Yes. Women play at 5pm vs UMASS Lowell in their season opener too. They really pushed this double header at Season Ticket Holder Fan Appreciation night.
0 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

Oh, ok. Didn't know that. Thanks.
0 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

One month from today!
2 x

User avatar
RF1
Sly Williams
Posts: 4171
Joined: 5 years ago
x 762

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby RF1 » 1 month ago

Rhody74 wrote:This team deseve's a sellout opening night. Anything less than 7K would be extremely disappointing.



They will have just 23 days to sell single game tickets to the opener as you cannot even yet buy them.


Tickets for select 2017-18 Individual Rhode Island Men's basketball games are onsale on October 18 at 10am via online, the phone, or in person at the Ryan Center Box Office.


http://www.gorhody.com/tickets/men-s_ba ... kets_12-14
0 x

User avatar
ElmCityRhody
Tom Garrick
Posts: 1435
Joined: 5 years ago
x 105

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby ElmCityRhody » 1 month ago

is the providence game being sold on 10/18 ?

i don't see it on the below link

http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce ... eb_GoRhody
0 x

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5786
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1089

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby adam914 » 1 month ago

ramster wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Just saw that the opening night game doesn't start until 7:30. I like that starting time better. I'm guessing the pre-games festivities start at 7:00? I could probably get there by the start of the game, so, I'm in.


There's a women's game beforehand, that's why it's 7:30 start time.


Yes. Women play at 5pm vs UMASS Lowell in their season opener too. They really pushed this double header at Season Ticket Holder Fan Appreciation night.


In that case I bet it starts even later than 7:30pm.
1 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 3981
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1004

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 month ago

ElmCityRhody wrote:is the providence game being sold on 10/18 ?

i don't see it on the below link

http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce ... eb_GoRhody


I don't think so, I bet they're trying to sell more season tickets and mini plans to release those for single game.
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
ElmCityRhody wrote:is the providence game being sold on 10/18 ?

i don't see it on the below link

http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce ... eb_GoRhody


I don't think so, I bet they're trying to sell more season tickets and mini plans to release those for single game.

You have to buy the mini-plan to get PC tickets. Not being sold individually, at least not for a while.
0 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN · 12m12 minutes ago
UMass grad transfer Jaylen Brantley diagnosed w/heart condition. School announces career is over. Will honor scholarship for next 2 years.
0 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3084
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: West K
x 573

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 month ago

Billyboy78 wrote:Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN · 12m12 minutes ago
UMass grad transfer Jaylen Brantley diagnosed w/heart condition. School announces career is over. Will honor scholarship for next 2 years.


Wow, always sad to hear stuff like that...hope he's able to have a normal quality of life.
0 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 8379
Joined: 5 years ago
x 955

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

PG rankings including 2 we will face. Jaylen Adams ranked at #3, Kyron Cartwright at #6.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -the-best/
0 x


Return to “NCAAs or Bust!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: section(105), steviep123, urirams33 and 23 guests