The 2017-2018 Season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: The 2017-2018 Season

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Yeah we've seen what happens when our "slashers" try and take the ball to the rim.....they get stuffed more often than not.

Terrell, EC, and JG are the worst offenders....they don't see the floor well enough to kick the ball back out and or see the open man. Most of the time anyway.

1 on 5 basketball won't get it done......we don't have great passers other than JD.....maybe Fatts will help there.

Anybody who disagrees with this hasn't watched us very much.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Jarvis is a great passer, and I know I've watched us more than you.
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

rambone 78 wrote:Yeah we've seen what happens when our "slashers" try and take the ball to the rim.....they get stuffed more often than not.

Terrell, EC, and JG are the worst offenders....they don't see the floor well enough to kick the ball back out and or see the open man. Most of the time anyway.

1 on 5 basketball won't get it done......we don't have great passers other than JD.....maybe Fatts will help there.

yeah....we make the NCAA tournament and get to 1 big shot against us of making the Sweet 16.

by the way, we really dont get blocked a lot and certainly no where near it being an issue. regardless of your confirmation bias.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/sch ... /2017.html

last year:

URI - 206 blocks, good for 4th nationally
Opponents against us - 104 blocks, a whopping 142nd nationally.....
3 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

IDK why every year or every few years a team has success playing with mostly guards and then everyone thinks they can replicate that.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

rambone 78 wrote:Yeah we've seen what happens when our "slashers" try and take the ball to the rim.....they get stuffed more often than not.

Huh? I went to or watched every game last season and this couldn't be further from the truth. I know your not happy unless you're miserable, but do you actually watch the games? The 3 guys you mention are probably the 3 who see the floor the best (including Dowtin who has exceptional court vision). We play in a guard oriented league with few real rim protectors, but you keep on with the doom and gloom.
3 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Sure, not much size in the A-10, but look at the shitty losses OOC
last year with Hassan and Iverson.
Those 240 blocks mostly came from them.
Subtract them, and it'll be just as bad, if not worse.
You have one viable frontcourt player, who is foul prone.
Unless you're hell bent on waving the pom poms for 4 guards,
because you don't care about floor balance or interior defense,
or have no concept of these,and need to boost the status quo,it's a problem.
Take off the blindfolds.
Last edited by rodfromcranston 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Wanna play 4 smalls?

Betta run...and run

And run some more.

Oh and don't miss any layups.

None.

Could this group be that rare team? Maybe but will u beat the big iron with 4 smalls?

Lookin like we might find out.

I'm hoping for a surprise big to emerge personally.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Mr Positive is back in living color.....
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hey, it's Mr. Troll, who contributes nothing
I see stupid people.jpg
I see stupid people.jpg (9.3 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
to this forum,
but only trolls my posts.
Get a life!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Shinze88 wrote:

Huh? I went to or watched every game last season and this couldn't be further from the truth. I know your not happy unless you're miserable, but do you actually watch the games? The 3 guys you mention are probably the 3 who see the floor the best (including Dowtin who has exceptional court vision). We play in a guard oriented league with few real rim protectors, but you keep on with the doom and gloom.
huh?
if he is miserable he is happy?

I have to think about that one :lol: :lol:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote:
ramster wrote:One other thing to consider is I don't see our Guards as great 3 point shooters. Average to maybe slightly above average at best. If they were light's out shooters I might buy into the 4 Guard concept better.
If you think the quality of looks you get impacts shooting percentage (I do, personally), then you could probably expect to see an improved team 3FG percentage on the season if you played more spread around the perimeter.

The relative strengths and weaknesses of playing four guards is obviously an interesting philosophical basketball discussion. I can't think of a roster better constructed to do a case study than URI's 17-18 roster. URI is super talented next year, but just so happens that the talent is heavily distributed in the backcourt. My hypothesis is that talent will win out and URI will be very good, possibly better than last year.

I also wouldn't totally rule out the emergence of another front court player as a legitimate contributor, and this team does have a history of losing guys to injury for various amounts of time, so maybe all of this discussion will be moot, but regardless I'm as much curious to see how this plays out as a basketball fan as I am excited to watch it as a URI fan.
Maybe the looks help the 3 point shooting, but I thought we had pretty good looks last year too, not sure that they will get better looks this year. But later in the season, during the win streak and in the post season, I thought we passed better, dribbled less, went less one on one, drove inside and passed out for 3's, made the extra pass. Success breeds success and I think the team figured that out. Nothing like a win streak in any sport. I am not saying they are a bad outside shooting team, slightly above average, but I would hope to be good to great if going with a 4 guard line up is my point. 6 Guards FT Percentages from last year: 72.7%, 75%, 61.8%, 73.1%, 57.1%, 63.6%. Not great. And they were not heavily guarded at the FT line either. My guess is the FT and the 3 Point percentages improve this year. Team is coming in confident. The albatross of no NCAA is behind them.

I agree that URI could be as good, and possibly better than last year, but it will not be easy. For that to happen I think at least 1 Big Man needs to step up and play close to the equivalent of Martin or Iverson. I think it is a possibility that 1 or 2 step up - besides Langevine.

It will be an interesting year for sure. You could make the case for Terrell, Dowtin, Langevine and Mathews in the starting line-up and 7 different players legitimately competing for the 5th starting spot. Never seen a URI team with so many 3 star, or higher, players on it.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I think some of the posters here are failing to recognize that most of our returning guards are better on the defensive end of the court. At least when they are not covering big men. I do not think that Dan wants to give up a lot of easy baskets and rebounds by playing an undersized lineup. I do not expect URI will play very small lineups against any team with legitimate big men.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Some of the posters here also have short memories.....

Like we still have the issue of getting good shots at the end of games, due to players mentioned above playing hero ball while others stand around and watch. Notice I'm not blaming Dan....whatever plays are called in the huddle break down almost every time.

Is that issue going to all of a sudden go away? Maybe Fatts can be the answer there, along with Dowtin.

That's all I was saying in the above post. Maybe I should have been more specific. If that's being negative, too fucking bad. You ALL know this is a problem with this team.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I still have faith that Layssard will come in and be the player most of us thought he would be last year. The staff had a year to work with him on getting in shape and improving his defense. I really hope by conference play, he can be a solid role player off the bench and provide a scoring punch in our frontcourt. He's my pick to be most improved next season.
Last edited by steveystuds06 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

ARD leaving has to effect this front court.

I think URI needs Seawright to come back and tell these kids how the game is played. Seawright coach??????? Still playing :roll:

Sacrifice for the URI front court!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think at times the 4 guard lineup can be effective and I am sure DH will go to it sometimes

Depends on our opponent if they are big inside then we probably don't see it as much

I can see us playing say Dowtin EC Jared Stan and Cyril for a few minutes at a time
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Speaking of short memories, it's just amazing
how people here forgot just how exceptional
Jarvis Garrett was, when he was healthy.
Or with a broken jaw.
Kid gives it everything he has.
He deserves more loyalty from fairweather fans.
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

+1 Rod.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Speaking of short memories, it's just amazing
how people here forgot just how exceptional
Jarvis Garrett was, when he was healthy.
Or with a broken jaw.
Kid gives it everything he has.
He deserves more loyalty from fairweather fans.
Actually, broken jaw Jarvis (and just before broken jaw) is probably the best version of Jarvis. Most of this board was calling for him to be benched at the completion of non-conference play.

Likewise this past season, Jarvis was healthy up until the PC game. The biggest win to that point was against Cincinnati which Jarvis didn't play in the second half.

The same way you advocate for us to play 2 bigs for the best interest of the team. It seems pretty obvious that the best version of this team has Dowtin starting and Jarvis as a spark plug off the bench.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Sorry, I like to judge players, coaches and team, based on the
full body of their work.
Jarvis is a damned good player on both ends of the court.
As for Dowtin, his 22 points in the NCAAs came after only scoring
a grand total of 20 points in his previous six games.
I don't see Dowtin's starting as obvious by any means.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

I definitely think Jarvis is a good player, I just think we have more potential with Dowtin. When judging body of work you have to also include his performance against Jack Gibbs at Davidson, the fact he lead the conference in assist to turnover ratio, the fact he started on a team that won the conference championship, and we won 9 straight MEANINGFUL games with him as the starter. Considering he didn't start until the Duquesne game (not a huge sample size) that's pretty damn good.

Fact is we have a number of good guards and probably 2 guys that will come off the bench that would start at most A-10 programs.
Last edited by Dre3000 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Nice problem to have, eh?
2 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Absolutely!
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

DeanDome88 wrote:I think some of the posters here are failing to recognize that most of our returning guards are better on the defensive end of the court. At least when they are not covering big men. I do not think that Dan wants to give up a lot of easy baskets and rebounds by playing an undersized lineup. I do not expect URI will play very small lineups against any team with legitimate big men.
I think most of us recognize that defense is the strongpoint of a lot of these guards, which is why we believe they will adjust and be able to play good D against smaller PFs. Terrell and Stan can be this teams Marcus smart on D (hopefully shoot better though).

We were very streaky three point shooting team last year, that will probably be the same next year but we can't have lows like we had against Oregon. Lots of good looks were missed which was the difference in the game.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

The defense may be what gives Dowtin the edge at the point, especially if they're playing small. You might be able to deal with a 6'4 guy guarding a PF, but if you also couple it up with a 5'10 PG (both Fatts and Garrett fit this) you could have two matchup problems, and smart teams will take advantage and post us up.

It will be intersting to see how it all plays out. I would prefer we see the 4 guard lineup only as a situation change-of-pace strategy. But let's face it circumstances may dictate otherwise.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Guess you forgot when Jarvis held the fine PG on Richmond to ZERO points?
Guess you forgot that even Joe Hassett said Jarvis made Dunn work harder than
anyone had.
So many short memories.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I think in March a lot of people on here are going to be calling Jarvis our most improved player
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Hopefully in March we're calling one of these bigs our most improved player :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Jarvis is awesome and one of the toughest kids, I've ever seen. I was upset to see him lose his spot because of his health, but once I saw how much better the team looked with a pass first high IQ PG I realized that's exactly what we needed. I think Jarvis has better overall talent than Dowtin right now, but you play the guy that wins games.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Down the stretch Hurley would at times takes our Iverson and Martin leaving in Cyril + 4 guards. What they would do is try to space the team all over half court. Usually having Langevine set a pick for the PG 5-10feet out from the 3 point line. Typically the help defense did not often come so it often created a decent driving 2pt opportunity in the 15-20 sets I remember seeing. Dowtin often got some pretty nice looks off this set.

I would expect them to give that offense more of a try next year. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread Cyril is an almost ideal player for the modern pick and roll game. He was far better at it than Hassan or Kuran last year.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

EGram wrote:Down the stretch Hurley would at times takes our Iverson and Martin leaving in Cyril + 4 guards. What they would do is try to space the team all over half court. Usually having Langevine set a pick for the PG 5-10feet out from the 3 point line. Typically the help defense did not often come so it often created a decent driving 2pt opportunity in the 15-20 sets I remember seeing. Dowtin often got some pretty nice looks off this set.

I would expect them to give that offense more of a try next year. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread Cyril is an almost ideal player for the modern pick and roll game. He was far better at it than Hassan or Kuran last year.
Last season I remember the 4 guard subject coming up from time to time. I watched closely to see this but not once did I ever observe 4 guards in the game at the same time. If Iverson and Martin were out at the same time it was always Langevine and Akele in the game. Maybe I missed it, but do you recall which game or games the 4 guard line up was used?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The other thing about Dowtin is that he was one of our better players off the high ball screen EGram is referencing...he makes great decisions. I too would expect to see a lot of that.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodylaw wrote:
DeanDome88 wrote:I think some of the posters here are failing to recognize that most of our returning guards are better on the defensive end of the court. At least when they are not covering big men. I do not think that Dan wants to give up a lot of easy baskets and rebounds by playing an undersized lineup. I do not expect URI will play very small lineups against any team with legitimate big men.
I think most of us recognize that defense is the strongpoint of a lot of these guards, which is why we believe they will adjust and be able to play good D against smaller PFs. Terrell and Stan can be this teams Marcus smart on D (hopefully shoot better though).

We were very streaky three point shooting team last year, that will probably be the same next year but we can't have lows like we had against Oregon. Lots of good looks were missed which was the difference in the game.
I did not think of the Oregon as having lows so much. We talk about this missed rebounds and missed shots by our guys in that Oregon game but Stanford Robinson was as hot as any player in the Tournament in that game. He was amazing to watch. He went 10-12 to lead us with 21 points in 22 minutes. He was 1-3 on 3 pointers but 9-9 on 2FGs with some amazing "how did that go in" type shots. Unfortunately Tyler Dorsey was even hotter going 9-10 and 4-5 on 3 pointers for 27 points in 35 minutes. Every Oregon starter played at least 31 minutes. Unfortunately Martin was hurt and ended with zero rebounds. Seems we knew he was hurt but used him as a decoy with Oregon State - not mentioning his injury pregame. No complaints from me on the Creighton or Oregon games - we played about as well as we possibly could and made the country take notice of us.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

ramster wrote:
EGram wrote:Down the stretch Hurley would at times takes our Iverson and Martin leaving in Cyril + 4 guards. What they would do is try to space the team all over half court. Usually having Langevine set a pick for the PG 5-10feet out from the 3 point line. Typically the help defense did not often come so it often created a decent driving 2pt opportunity in the 15-20 sets I remember seeing. Dowtin often got some pretty nice looks off this set.

Last season I remember the 4 guard subject coming up from time to time. I watched closely to see this but not once did I ever observe 4 guards in the game at the same time. If Iverson and Martin were out at the same time it was always Langevine and Akele in the game. Maybe I missed it, but do you recall which game or games the 4 guard line up was used?

Last 3 minutes of the first half in the A-10 title game. I can't find many other games online.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ace wrote:
ramster wrote:
UCH21377 wrote:I think everyone believes Hass is a big loss, but IMO Iversons shoes may be harder to fill. It's easy to forget he was 6'9 with length and athleticism. We have no replacement for him on Defense
Iverson is a huge loss. Martin is a huge loss.

The loss of these two players became even larger based on how tremendously well they played during the Regular Season win streak, absolutely dominating the big front line of VCU, then the A10 Tourney and then the NCAA. Big, big shoes to fill. No surprise they are being courted by NBA Teams as we speak. Great players, great individuals who led URI to it's first A10 Title, first NCAA Tournament and 1st NCAA Tournament win in the 21st Century.
Players will be in the line up but they will not replace Iverson and Martin this year.
We're all well aware of what Iverson and Martin contributed and achieved. It was nice to finally have seniors, especially one to play all four years in this version of the program. But that's what having a good program is all about- you graduate great players, appreciate the hell out of what they contributed, and then look to the next in line to embrace their opportunities. It's time for those guys to step up, and they'll be challenged to do so. The coaches are laying it out for them- show what you can do, or we'll work around you. I'm excited about seeing these guys who were thought highly enough of to recruit and sign show what they can do. ARD is the one that mentioned NBA in the same sentence as Layssard. Hopefully he takes the off-season seriously this time around. Rosters always have a gestalt quality to them. Yes, KI and Hassan are gone, but the remaining pieces do not stay static in their absence.

If you want to debate an area of obvious strength... with the goal to improve passing and move quicker down the court, who's your choice for point guard, Dowtin or Garrett?
Ace
Do you think that Layssard,coming from a HS that played a lesser quality schedule than guys like Dowtin, Tertsea, Langevine and Russell, did not realize the level of play that he would be walking into? Do you think maybe he underestimated the level of conditioning that he needed to show up in? And the big question is, do you think he now realizes and is making himself into the best condition he can be in for this summer? The fact that he remained at URI might be encouraging that he thinks he belongs here and is planning to step up.

I do remember ARD mentioning the NBA around Layssard. I also recall ARD saying in a post game show that Langevine could end up being URI's all time leading rebounder if he gets the minutes. Also recall Dan Hurley mentioning the NBA in regard the Jeff Dowtin if he continues to improve his game.

For Layssard, Tertsea (redshirted) and Berry it has been tough to have two Seniors ahead of them and two very talented Seniors at that, plus Akele getting Big Man minutes. As you say, I am also looking forward to seeing what these guys can do and how much they have improved their games. This will be a very interesting summer and month of October, 1st week of November.

as to your question of my choice for PG, with the "with the goal to improve passing and move quicker down the court" I go with Dowtin. He is a pass first mentality and sees the floor very well. He teamed very well with Martin from the start. Assumed a leadership role on a team of mostly upperclassmen. Led the league in Assist to Turnover Ratio as a Freshmen in a league with some very good guards. The TO/Assist Ratio brought a stability to the entire team. At this point Dowtin has proven himself and the win streak, A10 Championship and NCAA Performance says to me that it is Dowtin's job to lose. But in the end it will be Hurley's decision of course. Either way, Dowtin and Garrett seem to get along very well, each pulling for the other, so things will be fine. There were many times last season that Hurley played Dowtin and Garrett together and I'd expect to see that again this season. Usually our URI Teams in the past lacked depth at the PG Position, especially during the Baron Decade +2. Now we have 3 very legit PGs in Dowtin, Garrett and Russell. What a nice situation to be in.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote:I still have faith that Layssard will come in and be the player most of us thought he would be last year. The staff had a year to work with him on getting in shape and improving his defense. I really hope by conference play, he can be a solid role player off the bench and provide a scoring punch in our frontcourt. He's my pick to be most improved next season.
I am with you. I hope Layssard is the guy who gets the most improved award. If not him then maybe Akele comes back with a rebounding forcefulness and pleasantly surprises all in filling the other spot beside Langevine. I also hope for these guys because I do not want to see a 4 guard line up. If we must, we must, but I'd prefer 3 guards and 2 big men. Too tough to beat Dayton and VCU without 2 Big Men on the boards.

If we must go the 4 guard route, I think EC might be the guy to step up in the rebounding role (all guards will need to of course).
Looking back on the 5 post season games played last year the leading rebounders were:
St Bonaventure/ Davidson, VCU, Creighton, Oregon
Langevine: 5,6,10,5,9 = 35 rebounds
Mathews: 5,3,9,7,4 = 28 rebounds
Martin: 8,6,5,8,0 = 27 rebounds
Iverson: 9,4,2,3,6 = 24 rebounds
Terrell: 1,6,3,3,6 = 19 rebounds

I remember EC muscling some rebounds away from other big men and being impressed by his strength, determination and toughness in his rebounding approach, especially with his 9 rebounds in the A10 Championship game with VCU and his 7 rebounds against Big East Creighton in the NCAA Tournament game. But I'd still prefer the two big men come from among Langevine, Layssard, Akele, Tertsea, Berry or Preston.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I have the same hope for Layssard. The red flag to me, though, is that he didn't pass Berry on the depth chart by the end of the season. By then, you'd think he'd be in good shape and had learned to play some D.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not sure if this posted previously but gives some possible insight as to line ups to come......

From the article..
Both coaches agree that the Warriors gave fans a peek at the game’s future. In recruiting for the Friars and Rams, Cooley and Hurley talk to the next wave of basketball talent and rest assured the game in changing. Everyone, no matter their size, wants to handle the ball. No one wants to be the next Moses Malone, pounding away in the paint all night.

At PC, Cooley has a few legit big men in 6-10 Kalif Young and incoming 6-11 Dajour Dickens. He says both youngsters own skills that can take them far from just under the hoop. “Not many kids want to play in the post. It’s been that way for years,” Cooley said.

Hurley says if he drew up his perfect team, he’d surround one “rim protector” with four ball handlers and shooters. That should be the recipe next season when the Rams return the likes of E.C. Matthews, Jared Terrell, Jeff Dowtin and Stan Robinson. While he’s not ready to let that crew average 37 three-point tries a game like the Warriors did in The Finals, Hurley admits putting multiple shooters on the court at one time is now a necessity.

“Most people are playing with four players out and one in on offense,” Hurley said. “That means your old power forward is now a small forward.”

Cooley says that’s basically how his teams have played the last several years. Big men Ben Bentil, Emmitt Holt and Rodney Bullock all shined on the perimeter and “when Ben had it rolling, he was our center and we were impossible to guard,” he said.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... llege-game
Last edited by ramster 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Outside of URI and PC, big men still matter A LOT. You don't have to look beyond last years NCAA Finals game. Giants vs Giants. Post play was prevalent.
1 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Sometimes when you hear coaches say having several good bigs isn't necessary, that to me smacks of an excuse that they can't recruit same.....

Dan knows its important, no matter what he says.
Last edited by rambone 78 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

From Birdman...
I'm hearing that @RhodyMBB trip to Europe this summer is officially off. Too much tension overseas for URIs liking. Bahamas? @BillKoch25
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Billyboy78 wrote:From Birdman...
I'm hearing that @RhodyMBB trip to Europe this summer is officially off. Too much tension overseas for URIs liking. Bahamas? @BillKoch25
Oh man, that sucks.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

1 and done hurts the height of the college game. The top programs re loading every year has a domino effect. If they stayed a bit longer as has been hinted at on ESPN then kids might not choose to sit on a top program and go to another program down the road. Think Duke vs NC State in recruiting. Then there will be more height for everyone.
0 x
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

Billyboy78 wrote:From Birdman...
I figured this would happen.

Anyway, who would they play at the Bahamas? Are there any teams down there?
 ! Message from: ATPTourFan
Edited for violating site policy on political commentary
Last edited by ATPTourFan 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

It's publically official now-

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

A pretty nice trip for the team
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Yeah, at my current age (64), I'd prefer Europe. In college, the Bahamas would be my choice (as long as there are no hurricanes ).
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Solid players on the Bahama National TEam

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Bahamas_nati ... epth_chart
0 x