Congratulations from Hawk Hill

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
JoeCabrey
Frenchy Tomlin

Congratulations from Hawk Hill

Unread post by JoeCabrey »

I was at the game in Philadelphia when Odom buried that buzzer beater to beat Temple. Would not have imagined it would be until 2017 before URI went back to the NCAA Tournament. It has to be a great feeling for all involved but especially long term fans.

I feel for those of you on the east coast looking at travel to Sacramento. The Selection Committee didn't do us any favors sending the Hawks to Spokane last year. On short notice that's a nightmare to get to.

Hopefully some of you will have frequent flyer mileage or there's enough interest to put a charter together.

I hope the team can fly out tonight with this impending storm I suspect there will be massive delays and cancellations if they try to go out Wed. for the normal one full day onsite prior to the game.

At worst I'll bet your alumni office will organize a game watch party. If they do play hooky and show up we never know when the next opportunity may come.

Beat Creighton!

Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
10 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Congratulations from Hawk Hill

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Welcome, Joe!
Spokane is in the middle of Washington State.
Hopefully, the capitol of California is easier to
get to for fans.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
JoeCabrey
Frenchy Tomlin

A lot of flights into San Francisco for sure so probably a little cheaper. Spokane wasn't easy but worth it! Good luck!
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Hawks got bit hard by injury bug!

You'll be back! Great program.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
JoeCabrey
Frenchy Tomlin

Appreciate that thank you. Optimistic that Fresh Kimble will be back at 100% although it is the same injury that's kept Ben Simmons on the sidelines so long. Even more uncertainty over next year for Shavar Newkirk, Checco Oliva, and Lorenzo Edwards.

Was glad to see E.C. return to action hopefully next year he might not even need that brace.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It's nice to have fans from other teams come on here and not act like shitheads like the fans of that team about 30 miles to the north.
1 x