Selection show

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: Selection show

Unread post by Running Ram »

Also you guys can have the last word on this, because I've said enough about it, I'm going back to basking in the glory of the Ramtastic!! I saw a business yesterday with their giant light board flashing congrats to the victorious Rhody Rams, I got chills and thought of Don Kaull almost coming to tears, Hass going to the NCAA's, my dad, who literally lives in three rooms, never even going out to his garden. The joy, the relief and unequaled happiness I felt for myself, you all, players, coaches and fans, my dad, it made it all worthwhile and the fact that it was a turbulent ride builds character. These coaches and players have grasped a little well deserved glory and tasted a dose of greatness, and IT IS AWESOME!!!!
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Running Ram wrote:"This board was a cesspool this year to the point that it was embarassing to be a member." Love you blueman, but look to your own mirror when looking for embarrassing forum members. Your posts are probably some of the most abrasive and myopic of all. You continue to puke your emotions all over the forum and act like others just have no right to an opinion. I disagree with PMMM's negative take, but wishing someone dead isn't ever funny or appropriate to express unless you mean it, that's myopic on my part but it's what I believe and as much as I agree with you that this is no time to drop a turd in the pool, there is a world of difference between calling someone out and wishing them dead, reading that from a mod is embarrassing to me and I'm not easily embarrassed.
I'm certainly not right in the head and my emotions after URI games extrapolate that juuuustttt a little bit. I'm a big fan of pontificating my opinions as fact. I'm rarely right, but the times I am I usually hold on to for dear life.

I was referring to the cesspool in terms of the "were a bad team, we have a bad coach, the season is over in January sort of thing."

I guess it's just a perspective thing but the bickering between people doesn't bother me...it's the "if this team wins it's totally luck their coach sucks" stuff.

Keep in mind I laugh in just about every inappropriate situation, you have to be able to when you walk around with a face like mine. I guess I just read everything on the Internet as hyperbole and leave it at that.

Either way, Go Rhody.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote:I thought you were dead when we didn't hear from you for the last few weeks. Too bad.
As Running Ram said, he hopes this was made in levity. Including also that the two likes were made in levity too. If this poster, PMMM, is this bad, a troll and not a fan of URI then probably best to ban him/her.
What if the poster was dead, or had a serious family problem, illness, accident? Of course highly unlikely but......

Sometimes I see comments on the PC Board about how some here said some uncomplimentary things when Dave Gavitt passed. To this day those old comments are still brought up there as they struck a nerve there. We should all be above that and know what we say in words may be in jest but may not come across that way to all, all the time.

This was a thread on the PC Board started February 27th from a post made here on February 23rd. Wide range of comments related to it. Take if FWIW and how words can be interpreted by others.

http://www.scout.com/college/providence ... 425&page=1
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Of course it's levity. It's the internet. No one wants anyone dead. Just like no one wants any of the litany of bad things to happen to anyone that they say online.

Rod and I both can be abrasive and preachy and get under people's skin - but when both of us had serious health issues this year people were genuinely concerned for our well-being. Then when we got healthy again everyone could go back to bickering. Just the internet, nothing more.

That said, while looking at the PC board and their URI thread, EXACTLY what I said would happen about the thread that shall not be named happened. Everyone was posting about how absolutely stupid this fan base is with relation to the overreactions about our coach this year. It lumped EVERYONE on this board in with the morons calling for a coaching change.

Like it or not this board is the internet representation for our fan base. Threads like that make everyone who posts on here look like idiots to the world at large. There is no separation for the people who have preached FROM THE START "hey...the season isn't over, we can do this." "hey...you guys are dumb, Hurley can get this done." Instead, everyone on this board looks like idiots to the college basketball world and it's embarrassing.

So no, I don't have a problem with letting negative assholes shitting on our one shining moment in almost 2 decades have it, in the hopes they'll go crawl into their cave and stop posting here.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Is there a way we can quarantine these meta posts that are posters posting about other posters' posts into one thread or something?

But while we are here, yes, I was joking. Jesus. I'm not really wishing for a bad poster to die. While that would make this board better, I assume that in real life unlike this board PMMM has some redeeming qualities and maybe even his parents or children like him. Lots of people here are negative sometimes, just like everyone everywhere is negative sometimes. People that are never negative aren't that much better than people that are never positive, because in either case there is no thought behind what you're saying, you're just mindlessly and reflexively saying positive or negative things. PMMM doesn't bring anything of value, he doesn't offer any insight, he just shits on the team and its fans in literally every post; but the worst part about it is that when things go well he can't bring himself to show up here. When he finally sticks his head up again, it isn't to say "hey, I was wrong" or "sorry guys it's not my fault I'm just a miserable person but even though I'm incapable of feeling joy I'm glad at least you guys get to;" it's to snipe at people about semantics in a clearly confrontational way. If someone with a different track record said something similar but in a more congenial way, it probably wouldn't be noticed. But he created his own track record and he gets to live with it.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I feel bad for the handful of posters who only come here after an L - it has to be a miserable existence, but more important than that, you haven't been able to walk around with a smile on your face for the last 48 hours. Buh Bye haters - Go Rhody!!
2 x
Rhody09
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhody09 »

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

They all loved seeing the name Rhode Island pop up on the screen

I must say my eyes got watery