Here is the turning point in this season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Here is the turning point in this season

Unread post by PeteRI »

The real EC appears!

4 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Here is the turning point in this season

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

absolutely. thats the moment where he was truly over the injury. no thought, no hesitation, just went and made a spectacular EC type of play.

he's been all we thought he could be since
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

No doubt about it. Dan said as much in the postgame today to.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

While that play was great, it seems to me that this team turned after the Fordham loss. They have won eight straight since that game playing with a different determination and intensity.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RF1 wrote:While that play was great, it seems to me that this team turned after the Fordham loss. They have won eight straight since that game playing with a different determination and intensity.
Agreed. That play may have solidified the turn around, it certainly announced that EC was ready to be the guy everyone thought he was, but after the Fordham game is where the season turned.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramettes
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Ramettes »

Certainly the turning point for EC! So glad I was at that game.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

EC was so darn good in Pittsburgh it was great to see. He can be lethal with that 3 ball and has those moves to get to the basket

The whole team is jelling at the right time

We are healthy and playing our best hoop of season
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I want the sound of his slam to be my ringtone. I can't get enough of that THUMP.

And for a video loop, I want to see (what a poster here wrote so brilliantly) EC break that poor kid's ankles.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

That was the play where I started to REALLY believe, but the team turned before that. By that time they'd already won a few in a row, including the first VCU win which basically punched our ticket even though we didn't know it until after the second VCU win.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes that Davidson OT win was indeed huge

That win kept our at large hopes alive without putting too much pressure that we had to win the tourney to get in
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote:That was the play where I started to REALLY believe, but the team turned before that. By that time they'd already won a few in a row, including the first VCU win which basically punched our ticket even though we didn't know it until after the second VCU win.
This is a solid point, maybe it was the turning point in the season for us as fans more than anything else. All of a sudden things just felt different, like it wasn't going to end the way we had all become so used to.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Before early in the season if we were in a close game I felt we would lose it at the end now it's different I think we will pull the close games out
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

adam914 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:That was the play where I started to REALLY believe, but the team turned before that. By that time they'd already won a few in a row, including the first VCU win which basically punched our ticket even though we didn't know it until after the second VCU win.
This is a solid point, maybe it was the turning point in the season for us as fans more than anything else. All of a sudden things just felt different, like it wasn't going to end the way we had all become so used to.
Oh, right. Wasn't thinking of it from the fan's point of view. That I think was definitely the turning point for us. Good call.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

No doubt. It was when EC realized he was healthy and could play worry free.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano