Game #34: Creighton (NCAA Tournnment Rd of 64) - Fri March 17, 4:30pm ET on TBS

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Game #34: Creighton (NCAA Tournnment Rd of 64) - Fri March 17, 4:30pm ET on TBS

Unread post by reef »

Just watched that press conference great stuff

These kids and this coach I am so happy for them
2 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: Game #34: Creighton (NCAA Tournnment Rd of 64) - Fri March 17, 4:30pm ET on TBS

Unread post by Running Ram »

reef wrote: We have only trailed for 43 secs in 4 games unreal
AWESOME!!!!
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

All of this is just AWESOME!!!
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Amazing afternoon in Sacramento. The fans were fantastic- loud and encouraging. You truly had to be there to experience it. Every time the blue jays made a run, we always had an answer. This team has the confidence to go further and I am so lucky to be a part of it. THE highlight was shaking red''s hand after the game. He was in a absolute shock- the face in a negative way I expect from duck fans on Sunday. Go rhody!
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

All this winning keeps the trolls away. #perk
5 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Like RR said, this is awesome! This team is locked in right now. They look poised and confident out there. Amazing job by the players and staff. Let's keep this train rolling!!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Woke up. Checked my bracket. Wasn't a dream.

HOLY SHIT
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody09
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhody09 »

Woke up groggy after a bit too much celebrating, watched the highlights to make sure I wasn't just dreaming, and re-upped our season tickets. Life is great.
3 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Yesterday was truly a special day. One I surely won't soon forget. I'm out here in Sacramento with my son and I'm so happy we've been able to enjoy this together.. and hopefully this is just the beginning of a deep run!

I was able to talk to bar, rudder, the "Godfather", and many others during the pregame reception and you could just feel the buzz and the excitement that we were going to do something special. The Rhode Island crowd at the Golden 1 Center was absolutely electric. Hurley said it best after the game, it was like we had 18 years of pent up energy. We had Odom in the stands, Dan's brother Bobby, Will Martell, Marquis Jones, Jim Harrick, all there to cheer on their Rams.

It's been a long, hard 18 years since I rushed the court at the Spectrum after Odom's buzzer beater... but yesterday made the suffering all worth it.

Woke up this morning, and like many others, can't believe this is real.
Last edited by RoadyJay 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
7 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We make our 3's Sunday, and this dream continues.......
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

I have to thank my 10 year old daughter who pushed for us to come out to Sacramento. Finally, Wednesday night I caved in. Such a great game and great experience! Was awesome getting congrats from Oregon fans, Creighton fans and others as we walked out. Was told a few times how good our team was and that we could go far. My answer: "Thank you. We're planning on it!"
4 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Wow. Great Day! Very happy for a great bunch of kids and fans
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Just watched to re play of game. Very enjoyable all around. Though they played well, they can play a lot better IMO, which they will need to do vs Oregon. This is more like the team that I expected in November and got so frustrated with in January. If you would have told me we were playing Oregon in January after LaSalle game, I would have shuttered. Not now, bring em on, I'm confident.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Thing about Oregon is URI beat Cincinnati with Cinci having two of their scorers go for 20+.

That day and the VCU final I think EC/JAred both combined for 40+.

URI has shown it can rise to the occasion with both VCU games, the Cinci game, and the fact that with their back against the wall they haven't lost.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

neil wrote:Amazing afternoon in Sacramento. The fans were fantastic- loud and encouraging. You truly had to be there to experience it. Every time the blue jays made a run, we always had an answer. This team has the confidence to go further and I am so lucky to be a part of it. THE highlight was shaking red''s hand after the game. He was in a absolute shock- the face in a negative way I expect from duck fans on Sunday. Go rhody!

Grinned like an idiot all through the post-game activities at the team hotel and still grinning like an idiot today.

The only bad part about yesterday was Dayton -- as great as it is to still be alive our league needs more than one team to advance every year if we're going to get the respect we want.

On the other hand, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!
5 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
KMar970
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KMar970 »

what a great win--- bring on Oregon
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Got to my hotel in Vermont at exactly 4:30 yesterday . Got to see the whole game. So excited. Let's keep it going tomorrow!
1 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

giovanni wrote:Just watched to re play of game. Very enjoyable all around. Though they played well, they can play a lot better IMO, which they will need to do vs Oregon. This is more like the team that I expected in November and got so frustrated with in January. If you would have told me we were playing Oregon in January after LaSalle game, I would have shuttered. Not now, bring em on, I'm confident.
Where did you find a replay? my DVR decided to go on west coast time and required the game after URI
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

URI Players after Creighton Game on business trip to Sacramento

0 x
KMar970
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KMar970 »

anyway to hear the b101 postgame? i cannot find it online
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RF1 wrote:Need to add another name:

Missouri
Syracuse
Purdue
Murray State
Kansas
Valpo
Creighton

Need to add another name:
Tom Penders
Al Skinner
Jim Harrick
Dan Hurley
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

KMar970 wrote:anyway to hear the b101 postgame? i cannot find it online
In the usual location:

http://920whjj.iheart.com/media/play/27701903/
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

RF1, you forgot Ernie Calverley, who got us to two NCAAs.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
KMar970
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KMar970 »

ATPTourFan wrote:
KMar970 wrote:anyway to hear the b101 postgame? i cannot find it online
In the usual location:

http://920whjj.iheart.com/media/play/27701903/
thank---LGR!!!!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rodfromcranston wrote:RF1, you forgot Ernie Calverley, who got us to two NCAAs.
My two lists (opponent victories & coaches) related to NCAA wins only.

Ernie Calverley led URI to two NCAA bids (1961/1966) and Jack Kraft brought them to another in 1978. Both unfortunately did not have any wins. 1997 (Skinner) and 1999 (Harrick) were also two other seasons that had NCAA appearances but no wins.
Last edited by RF1 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Another interesting historical fact, since the Big East was formed, URI has had more postseason success against teams playing under its banner (old and new) than any other conference.

URI Postseason record vs Big East Members: 4-1
1988 NCAA Syracuse 97-94
1992 NIT Boston College 81-80
2003 NIT Seton Hall 61-30
2004 NIT West Virginia 72-79
2017 NCAA Creighton 84-72

Rhody has yet to beat a PAC-12/10 Team losing its only two appearances vs Stanford in the 1998 NCAA and 2015 NIT.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Opportunity to add a Pac10/12 notch to the belt in T-4.5 hours
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011