A 10 Tourney Ticket Price Policy Sleazy

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

A 10 Tourney Ticket Price Policy Sleazy

Unread post by luke »

I didn't realize until yesterday what a sleazy ticket pricing policy the A 10 has
going this year in Pittsburgh. We checked with the box office before the game
yesterday morning to find out what was available for the final and what the price was.
We were quoted $60 for the mid price level seats. After the game we returned to the
box office to buy the tickets for today's final and were shocked to find that now at
around 330PM those same tickets were no longer $ 60. They had raised the price
after the URI game for those $ 60 tickets to $ 73 !! I think that is unethical and the
A10 should be ashamed of themselves. I have never heard of such a policy. It amounts
to the A 10 scalping their own tickets. Pretty low in my book A 10 conference. Fortunately,
a Davidson fan gave us his tickets for free, but I don't think such a policy should be legal.
Once a price is established they shouldn't be able to raise. If they want to discount them
to be able to sell them, fine, but raising the price the same day is nuts.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: A 10 Tourney Ticket Price Policy Sleazy

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Not unheard of that a championship game ticket costs more than semifinal. Look at tennis or NCAA tournament tournament.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

No, it is not that the tickets cost more. Of course they do. The same tickets for the
quarterfinal game were $38. the same tickets for the semi final were $ 55 and the same tickets
for the finalwere supposed to be $60 as I said they were if we bought them at 11 AM. But at
3:30 PM the same day the same tickets were raised to $ 73 within 41/2hours. Iguess you did not
get what I was saying though I thought I made it pretty clear.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

They are clearly trying to incentivize buying your tickets before you know whether your team will be in the game or not. That is, I guess, a little sleazy, but it is using leverage in a way that is not uncommon to capitalism. The thing that is both unethical - and also just dumb - is that there was apparently no disclosure on their part. It is unethical because it feels like they're trying to pull one over on their customers and hide the ball a little bit. It is dumb because I don't even get how the buy-early incentive scheme would work if you didn't know ahead of time that the price would go up after the teams were determined.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

luke wrote:I didn't realize until yesterday what a sleazy ticket pricing policy the A 10 has
going this year in Pittsburgh. We checked with the box office before the game
yesterday morning to find out what was available for the final and what the price was.
We were quoted $60 for the mid price level seats. After the game we returned to the
box office to buy the tickets for today's final and were shocked to find that now at
around 330PM those same tickets were no longer $ 60. They had raised the price
after the URI game for those $ 60 tickets to $ 73 !! I think that is unethical and the
A10 should be ashamed of themselves. I have never heard of such a policy. It amounts
to the A 10 scalping their own tickets. Pretty low in my book A 10 conference. Fortunately,
a Davidson fan gave us his tickets for free, but I don't think such a policy should be legal.
Once a price is established they shouldn't be able to raise. If they want to discount them
to be able to sell them, fine, but raising the price the same day is nuts.
It sounds like the Davidson fan who purchased tickets early got the raw deal.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

You can buy instant download tickets right now at Stub Hub for $30, simple

You can get half court, lower arena for $31.50

https://www.stubhub.com/atlantic-10-tou ... =price+asc
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Or buy on the street for $10 each like we did
1 x