That feeling we are all having...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

That feeling we are all having...

Unread post by DanInAZ »

Is special. Is ours. No other program has taken the path ours has. We aren't jaded like Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, Arizona, Michigan State fans are. We never assume. We appreciate our basketball team getting an invite to the dance differently than any other program does.

No matter what happens today, I would rather have taken this path with all of you than have our basketball team be handed a bid just because our fan base is larger than another, 'travels' better, spends more $$, etc. When a URI team gets a bid it's because it is a really good and deserves it.
7 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Re: That feeling we are all having...

Unread post by giovanni »

It's true. I happened to be in NY this week, so took in a few sessions of the ACC tourney. Outstanding atmosphere and great basketball, no doubt, but the fan bases were certainly different. In thoughts and expectations of there teams. I give most of those schools credit, they have incredible fan bases that travel very well with team. For Wednesday's noon time session, it seemed like Syracuse had 12,000 in there. All schools actually had great followings. But with that being said, sitting in a section with a bunch of Cuse fans Wed and Louisville fans Thursday, listening to some, you would think their programs actually suck and have had no success. I swear you would think Boeheim and Pitino never won a game. And certainly the appreciation factor is just not there.

One funny little comment I was told by Syr fan is that he didn't miss the old BE and one of the best things about leaving BE was they didn't have to go to Providence to play PC anymore. He said besides and absolutely awful arena, they were and awful team , with hands down the worst and most ignorant fans in the BE and other schools would agree. One guys opinion I guess
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

giovanni wrote:It's true. I happened to be in NY this week, so took in a few sessions of the ACC tourney. Outstanding atmosphere and great basketball, no doubt, but the fan bases were certainly different. In thoughts and expectations of there teams. I give most of those schools credit, they have incredible fan bases that travel very well with team. For Wednesday's noon time session, it seemed like Syracuse had 12,000 in there. All schools actually had great followings. But with that being said, sitting in a section with a bunch of Cuse fans Wed and Louisville fans Thursday, listening to some, you would think their programs actually suck and have had no success. I swear you would think Boeheim and Pitino never won a game. And certainly the appreciation factor is just not there.

One funny little comment I was told by Syr fan is that he didn't miss the old BE and one of the best things about leaving BE was they didn't have to go to Providence to play PC anymore. He said besides and absolutely awful arena, they were and awful team , with hands down the worst and most ignorant fans in the BE and other schools would agree. One guys opinion I guess
I like that Syracuse fan!!!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

giovanni wrote: One funny little comment I was told by Syr fan is that he didn't miss the old BE and one of the best things about leaving BE was they didn't have to go to Providence to play PC anymore. He said besides and absolutely awful arena, they were and awful team , with hands down the worst and most ignorant fans in the BE and other schools would agree. One guys opinion I guess
Sounds like a smart fan.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

Yes......THAT feeling. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry Kentucky, Kansas, and Arizona fans, etc... you will never have it.

Once in a lifetime (the waiting).
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Is that why I cried for 10 straight minutes?
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Wish I was with Rhody brothers right now, but like Blue Man, the juju was too good to leave my couch and 5yr old son who was able to enjoy the win today with me.
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

I was with my dad and brother. You would think they would know how passionate I get watching URI games. ;)
I was so nervous the last 10 minutes of the game.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Admittedly, because of the Fordham loss and some basketball family commitments of my own, I gave up and only watched these weekend games. I never thought they were an at large hopeful even this morning. I never thought the staff would make a run like this. Great job by them and the players. I was wrong about giving up on them. Hat tips all around. Especially to the die hards that never gave up hope. Really, really nice job all around.
3 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Bill's Bar and Burger doesn't serve crow, so I'm gonna have to make do with chicken.
I am so happy for all the guys and for all of you!!! Coaches, players, family, staff!!! Fans!!! Old-timers and newcomers alike. Let's get as many people as possible yelling as loud as possible, "Let's go, Rhody!!!!!" What an amazing run this has been and will be for the next week at least.
Let's get the next one KI!!!
1 x