Win it...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Win it...

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Win it for Dan Hurley. He deserves to be judged on his merits and shouldn't have to carry the weight of his two predecessors on his record. This team is light years from where it was when he took over.

Win it for Hassan Martin. He's been a warrior for us for four years and helped to start this process. I know life isn't fair, but he deserves to go to the tournament.

Win it for Kuran Iverson. He came here looking for a fresh start and by all accounts has been a model citizen since being on campus. He should be rewarded for making the most of his fresh start.

Win it for EC, Jared and Jarvis. They came here when they had more to offer us than we had to offer to them.

Win it for every coach, player and support staff member who has worked their ass off to get to this point. You all deserve your one shining moment.

Win it for the guys like TJ Buchanan, Gil Biruta, and Xavier Munford. Guys that bridged the gap knowing they probably wouldn't get the glory of going to the tournament, but fought for URI anyway.

Win it for Bobby Hurley, Preston Murphy, and the coaches that aren't here but helped to build this program.

Win it for the players that have put on the Rhode Island uniform since our last tournament.

Win it for rodfromcranston and every user that has 70 something in their user name. Yes, even you rambone78. I've fought with most of you over the last year and a half. I argued that your need to see one more tournament before you go shouldn't be held against the program. It didn't mean that I didn't want you to see it.

Win it for atp and TruePoint. You guys deal with a giant pack of assholes, present poster included. You deserve to have some fun for the trouble.

Win it for the more positive posters on this board. It's been my pleasure going into battle with the opponents and the negative posters on this board with you.

Win it for Ace.

Win it for the Rhody Ruckus. You students have been the best part of our fan base over the last couple of years and have been worth more wins than you know.

Win it for Fats Russell and all the other high school seniors excited to come to URI next year. Probably my favorite memory as a URI fan was March of 1998 when I was a high school senior getting ready to attend URI. It was nice seeing everyone else wearing shirts and hats of cool schools while I was wearing my URI gear and my school being better than theirs.

Win it for president Dooley and Thorr Bjorn. Let them see that bold, aggressive thinking can pay off.

Win it for Bill Koch, Will Geoghen, and Chris Disano. They have kept us better informed than we've ever been. I know they're supposed to be impartial, but I'm sure they'd be OK with a tournament appearance.

Win it for our marketing staff and our ticket office. Let's make they're job easier next year.

Win it for the company that makes our banners. Let's pay them for two banners this offseason.

Win it for the Atlantic 10. So that we can pull our weight as a school and so that they can realize that we're a force to be reckoned with.

Win it for my friends in Pittsburgh this weekend. Charge the court for us.

Win it for my dad. He had to listen to me bitch about Baron during the end of his tenure and saw my excitement when Dan was first hired. I know he would have digged these last seven months.

Win it because winning is better than losing.

Win it so all next year people have to refer to us as the defending champions.

Win it
13 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Win it...

Unread post by rambone 78 »

RR2, bravo. You're not such an asshole after all........just kidding bud.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I want to run through a wall for RR02 right now. I wish I could play tomorrow. Haha

I get that it sounds dumb and egocentric to anyone in the outside world to say that I want this tomorrow as much for this keaneyblue dot com community as anything else. This place can be such a pain in the ass sometimes - not going to lie about that - but it is also the definition of loyalty. People show that loyalty differently, but they wouldn't be here unless they had it (or they had a personality disorder like seanmc94). The group here rides with this program in ways that fans of Duke or Kansas or North Carolina could never understand. Anyone that was the type to jump ship would have been gone a while ago. Like, a decade ago. There are no bandwagon Rhody fans, at least not here. The people here all really, really care about URI and it's basketball program. Many are alumni, some are not. But there are no casual fans here. That their loyalty has been so infrequently rewarded in the past 18 years has manifested itself in a certain well-earned pessimism and guardedness for many, like Red Sox fans of a certain vintage, but it also brings into focus the deepness of the loyalty and pride that people have for this program.

I just want for everyone here to be able to let out a sigh of relief, or a primal scream or pop a champagne tomorrow, whether it happens at 3pm or closer to 6pm (hoping it's 3pm!). You guys deserve it, whether you've kept the faith or refused to be sucked in prematurely.

Maybe the only thing we can all truly agree on here:

Win it.
Last edited by TruePoint 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice job guys

Win it for all true Rhody Ram fans

It's been a long 18 years

We deserve this it's our time
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I love this. I love you guys.

I may be in the running for assholiest of them all...but you are my people. You're the only ones who could possibly understand what loving this team and getting nothing back for 2/3 (or much more) of your life...but still living and dying with every game. Still coming here. Still believing that somehow, someway, something good was going to happen.

God damnit win it for me. It's my birthday, I'm allowed to be selfish! I'd have taken a bottle to the face for this moment, hopefully by 2pm I'll get to say it was worth it.

GO RHODY!!
Last edited by Blue Man 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

This message board is seriously fantastic and it really goes to show the level of passion of the fans of this program. Thank you to the mods and all who keep this thing running.

Booked a last second plane ride last night. Dr. Dooley' s on my flight. Can't wait to cheer this team on. Go Rhody!!!
7 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

JUST WIN IT!!!! Great post RR02. Nothing better than having that Rhody pride. Most of the time it can be frustrating but hear are the moments that make it all worthwhile.

And finally after 19 long frustrating years that day is today!!!
3 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

What else is there to say?

It's time. Let's go.
Last edited by RI_Bred 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Rod a win today takes a big part of the sting from 4/1/99.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Yes!!!

And Happy Birthday Blue Man! May you get your wish!
2 x
Joe
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Joe »

I've been coated with goosebumps for the past two days, and this didn't help
2 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

I've been to every NCCA tourney game URI has played since 1978. Probably won't be able to there this yr but please "win it" today & get there. There will be more down the line that I'll attend. The 1978 team put this school back on the map. Let's get it going again.
1 x
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

Amen, RR02.

Love this thread & much love to all the Keaney Blue diehards. Let's do this thing.
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Best post on this board in a very long time RR02--congrats. Let's get it done!!!!

P.S. Been to every Ram NCAA victory and looking forward to another road trip this week (preferably not to Dayton).
1 x
NickA
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by NickA »

Great post. Agree completely. Lets GO RHODY!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Done and done. Two banners bitches!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Five years ago tonight, in a drunken and excited stupor I wrote the top post in this thread on the eve of the 2017 A10 Championship Game. Little did we all know what the next 365 or so days would look like, but what a ride it was. We've stumbled some the last two years, but it's time to win something else now. It's time to win the coaching hire.

"Win it for president Dooley and Thorr Bjorn. Let them see that bold, aggressive thinking can pay off."

Ok President Parlange and Thorr, you're on the clock. Win this coaching hire so you can see that bold, aggressive thinking can pay off.

It's time to go back to where we were. What better place than here, what better time than now?
8 x