2016-17 Contest Winners

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

2016-17 Contest Winners

Unread post by Obadiah »

Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's contest. Any suggestions to make the contest better, feel free to offer comments here or PM me.

Summarizing the final results:

Regular Season Record:

Actual Overall/A-10: 21-9/13-5
Winner: Shinze88
Prize: $200 Cash

Average Per Game Attendance

Actual: 5,173
Prediction: 5,321
Winner: BleedBlue87
Prize: $50 Mews Gift Certificate

Team Scoring Average

Actual: 73.10
Prediction: 73.04
Winner: Rhodyhoopz
Prize: $50 Mews Gift Certificate

To the winners, if you have not already done so, please check your private messages for instructions.
Last edited by Obadiah 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
5 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: 2016-17 Contest Winners

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Great job OB!
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Does that make 88 a professional? Haha.....
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thanks as always for doing this. Much appreciated!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Obadiah,

Fantastic Contest(s)
It is amazing work as to how you have expanded the contest to include 3 categories and how well you manage the entire process.

There are more than 350 D1 Basketball Teams and I am positive that no Message Board has a Contest that can approach yours, if there are any contests at all :!:

These contests help make the Keaney Blue Board great. They help to keep interest up throughout the season in Record, Attendance and Points per Game.

If this were a company you could sell franchises. You could get patents on your concept and process.

Truly remarkable. I think Bill Koch, Kevin Mac or Bill Reynolds could do a story on you and these contests.

Congrats to the winners. :!: :!: :!:
Fantastic job of predicting. It is very tough to be a fan of URI and make predictions because of the heart and the emotions that tend to cloud the 'ol judgement. That makes your accomplishments even more noteworthy.

Overall Record: Shinze88
Average Per Game Attendance: BleedBlue87
Points per Game: Rhodyhoopz

Obadiah's Grade for the Contests: A+++
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

I would like to thank the academy!!!! To all the players on the team who scored buckets, I couldn't have done it without you. I'd also like to thank my parents for teaching me that being a Ram fan is way harder yet more rewarding than growing up a Friar fan in this state. And finally I would like to thank my wife, who puts up with me getting very aggravated watching this team on tv and for surprising me this year with season tickets. My first year back fully since 2007. I hear the music in the background os i know I have to go but one last thing. LET"S GO RHODY!!!!
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodyhooopz wrote:I would like to thank the academy!!!! To all the players on the team who scored buckets, I couldn't have done it without you. I'd also like to thank my parents for teaching me that being a Ram fan is way harder yet more rewarding than growing up a Friar fan in this state. And finally I would like to thank my wife, who puts up with me getting very aggravated watching this team on tv and for surprising me this year with season tickets. My first year back fully since 2007. I hear the music in the background os i know I have to go but one last thing. LET"S GO RHODY!!!!

Hopefully Obadiah did not have PwC from the Oscars handling the Envelopes. Better spend the money fast :lol: :lol:
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agreed OB does a great job with this contest , it is so much fun can't wait for next years
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Damn, I was so close with record prediction & average attendance. I had 22-8/13-5. If they had just won one of those OOC losses I would have gotten it. As for attendance I was second closest. Damn!!
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

spookydog wrote:Damn, I was so close with record prediction & average attendance. I had 22-8/13-5. If they had just won one of those OOC losses I would have gotten it. As for attendance I was second closest. Damn!!
I know how you feel....first losers get nothing......

At work I participate in an NCAA tourney bracket challenge every year....and I have finished second twice, and third once, out of around 100 or more contestants each time.....and it's winner take all, unfortunately.

The first time I finished second to a woman who had a friend fill out the brackets.....lucky bitch
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote:
spookydog wrote:Damn, I was so close with record prediction & average attendance. I had 22-8/13-5. If they had just won one of those OOC losses I would have gotten it. As for attendance I was second closest. Damn!!

At work I participate in an NCAA tourney bracket challenge every year....and I have finished second twice, and third once, out of around 100 or more contestants each time.....and it's winner take all, unfortunately.

The first time I finished second to a woman who had a friend fill out the brackets.....lucky bitch
Well,
Obadiah is always asking for suggestions as to how to improve the contest(s). A great attribute, I might add, in that he has College Basketball's greatest Contest(s) and he is always looking for customer feedback as to how to improve :) :) :)

So maybe this is one. Offer also smaller denominations for 2nd and 3rd place in each. Certainly would keep people interested longer. No need to give more money but maybe have $35 for 1st, $15 for 2nd and a Certificate of Achievement suitable for framing for 3rd :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could even have a last place price like Rod's Overflowing Toilet Picture for Last :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

rambone 78 wrote:

They allow gambling where you work???? Lol
0 x
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

ramster wrote:Obadiah,

Fantastic Contest(s)
It is amazing work as to how you have expanded the contest to include 3 categories and how well you manage the entire process.

There are more than 350 D1 Basketball Teams and I am positive that no Message Board has a Contest that can approach yours, if there are any contests at all :!:

These contests help make the Keaney Blue Board great. They help to keep interest up throughout the season in Record, Attendance and Points per Game.

If this were a company you could sell franchises. You could get patents on your concept and process.

Truly remarkable. I think Bill Koch, Kevin Mac or Bill Reynolds could do a story on you and these contests.

Congrats to the winners. :!: :!: :!:
Fantastic job of predicting. It is very tough to be a fan of URI and make predictions because of the heart and the emotions that tend to cloud the 'ol judgement. That makes your accomplishments even more noteworthy.

Overall Record: Shinze88
Average Per Game Attendance: BleedBlue87
Points per Game: Rhodyhoopz

Obadiah's Grade for the Contests: A+++

YES to all of the above!
0 x