2017 Atlantic - 10 Tournament - Pittsburgh

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

2017 Atlantic - 10 Tournament - Pittsburgh

Unread post by Obadiah »

Complete Results of the 2017 A-10 Tournament

Wednesday, March 8

#12 UMass 70, #13 St. Joseph's 63.
#11 St. Louis 72, #14 Duquesne 71.

Thursday, March 9

#9 Davidson 82, #8 La Salle 73.
#5 St. Bonaventure 73, #12 UMass 60.
#7 George Mason 82, #10 Fordham 71.
#6 George Washington 53, #11 Saint Louis 46.

Friday, March 10

#9 Davidson 73, #1 Dayton 67.
#4 Rhode Island 74, #5 St. Bonaventure 63.
#2 Virginia Commonwealth 71, #7 George Mason 60.
#3 Richmond 70, #6 GW 67.

Saturday, March 11

#4 Rhode Island 84, Davidson 60.
#2 VCU 87, #3 Richmond 77, OT.

Sunday, March 12

#4 Rhode Island 70, #2 VCU 63.

Rhode Island - 2017 Champions of the Atlantic 10 Conference
Last edited by Obadiah 7 years ago, edited 11 times in total.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2017 Atlantic - 10 Tournament - Pittsburgh

Unread post by adam914 »

Although it obviously makes things tougher, I feel overall this is the draw we need to have the best chance at getting in without winning the whole thing. St.Bonaventure (assuming they advance), will be tough, but it gives us another chance at a top 100 win. And then I think getting a chance to beat Dayton in the semis gives us the win we need to be in the field no matter what happens in the finals.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah we definitely want to be playing the Bonnie's to beef up that RPI. Keep it well in the thirties.

Can't see us losing to ST.Joes if we play them again, I can definitely see UMass crushing our hopes and dreams...buuuut that would not be likely, since either of those teams would be playing us in their 3rd game in 3 days. Our 10 man rotation and pressure D would surely wear them down.

Oh my goodness I can't wait!
I also wont be at work for our quarterfinal or our potential semifinal game. :)
I am scheduled for the championship game though..
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea and if you didn't notice, one of the PC fans on this board pointed out that GW is now a Top 100 win for URI (RPI 99)
1 x
GO RAMS
KMar970
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KMar970 »

looks like i wont be doing much work friday afternoon for the 230 start--thank god for the nbcsports app
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Any Keaney Blue members making the trip?
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

bigappleram wrote:Any Keaney Blue members making the trip?
Saving my money and PTO for the NCAA.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

If URI were to win its first two games getting to the final and the other seed lines held, Rhody would likely face the three programs with the largest fan followings in Pittsburgh - Dayton, VCU, and SBU.
Last edited by RF1 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The unknown variable is how many bids the the A-10 will get to the 2017 NCAA tournament. Here is ten year look at how the A-10 has fared in this respect:

2016: 3 - Dayton, Saint Joseph’s, VCU

2015: 3 - Davidson, Dayton, VCU

2014: 6 - Dayton, GW, UMass, Saint Joseph’s, SLU, VCU

2013: 5 - Butler, La Salle, SLU, Temple, VCU

2012: 4 - St. Bonaventure, SLU, Temple, Xavier

2011: 3 - Richmond, Temple, Xavier

2010: 3 - Richmond, Temple, Xavier

2009: 3 - Dayton, Temple, Xavier

2008: 3 - Saint Joseph’s, Temple, Xavier

2007: 2 - GW, Xavier
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Over the last decade, eleven of the fourteen A-10 schools have made the Dance. The three left out are URI, Duquesne, and Fordham. Is this company we want to keep?

George Mason is a special case, since they have not made the tournament as an A-10 rep, but have made it when they were part of the CAA. In fact, since 1999, the last year URI made the Dance, GMU made the tournament in 2001, 2006 ( year of their Final Four), 2008, and 2011.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Yep

Pretty sure 108 is too
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

We will have to be a loud bunch! It is not easy to get to Pittsburgh, thank god this tourney isn't there for long.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Obadiah,
That 2007 year being the only one with 2 teams, the A10 had 14 teams and Jim Baron got Coach of the Year finishing 10-6. Will Daniels was 1st team A10
GW pulled the surprise and won the 10 Tournament whereas Xavier and UMASS had the best regular season records at 13-3
Could have made the argument that UMASS should have been in

Now there are also 68 teams instead of 64.

I think the A10 should get 3 teams at least every year. Certainly if the BE gets 7 the A10 should get 3. There is not that much different between teams 5-7 in the BE and 1-3 in the A10

1-Xavier 13-3 (25-9) NCAA Tournament; Reg. Season Champion
1-Massachusetts 13-3 (24-9) Reg. Season Champion
3-George Washington 11-5 (23-9) NCAA Tournament; Conf. Tournament Champion
4-Fordham 10-6(18-12)
4-Rhode Island 10-6 (19-14)
6-Saint Joseph's 9-7 (18-14)
7-Dayton 8-8 (19-12)
7-Saint Louis 8-8 (20 13)
9-Charlotte 7-9 (14-16)
10-Temple 6-10 (12-18)
10-Duquesne 6-10 (10-19)
12-Richmond 4-12 (8-22)
12-St. Bonaventure 4-12 (7-22)
14-La Salle 3-13 (10-20)
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

yessir! getting in mid-day Thursday
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......,Pittsburgh......Permanti Brothers and the Incline.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bigappleram wrote:We will have to be a loud bunch! It is not easy to get to Pittsburgh, thank god this tourney isn't there for long.

The tourney is Pittsburgh one year as a gift to Dayton. I am sure Duquesne was not even a factor even though the arena site is across the street from its campus. It is in DC the next year primarily for the benefit of VCU (and to a lesser extent GW, GMU, and UR). The A-10 as always caters to its favored programs du jour (tournament went to both Cinci and Dayton in the past for X and UD). It does not act with a rising sea lifts all boats mentality. URI has never really gotten much of the favored treatment. If one asks why it always seems that there are certain haves and have nots in the league, the operating philosophy of the league is a contributing factor helping to perpetuate this.
2 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
yessir! getting in mid-day Thursday

I'll tell ya, NYG, you may have only been a fan for a few years, but you certainly have "earned your stripes" with all these road games you attend.

Now, if we can only change that football team you cheer for....lol
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That's great news that it's usually 3 bids for the a10

Let's hope it stays that way
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea currently the A10 had 5-6 top 100 teams right now so it's certainly down this season but not horrible.
0 x
GO RAMS
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

I'm in Medellin this week and won't make it back in time for Friday's game.

I did buy a flight to get there for Saturday. I really hope I get to use it.
0 x
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

Hey guys I need some help watching the games this weekend.

Unfortunately, I've got a family vacation planned this weekend in Northern NH and I'm going to be without internet or cell service (It's in the middle of no where). That being said, there's a local bar about 20 minutes away that has great WiFi so I plan on going there to hopefully stream the games online.

I just downloaded the NBC Sports App on my ipad and connected it with my DirecTV account and the streaming works great.

Unfortunately I just tried the same thing with the CBS Sports App, but they don't offer live streaming for DirecTV customers, only Cox and a few other random providers.

Does anyone have any other ideas or know of any other streaming that's available? Thanks in advance.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Justns11 wrote:Hey guys I need some help watching the games this weekend.

Unfortunately, I've got a family vacation planned this weekend in Northern NH and I'm going to be without internet or cell service (It's in the middle of no where). That being said, there's a local bar about 20 minutes away that has great WiFi so I plan on going there to hopefully stream the games online.

I just downloaded the NBC Sports App on my ipad and connected it with my DirecTV account and the streaming works great.

Unfortunately I just tried the same thing with the CBS Sports App, but they don't offer live streaming for DirecTV customers, only Cox and a few other random providers.

Does anyone have any other ideas or know of any other streaming that's available? Thanks in advance.
Yeah cbs sucks. There will be a bootleg link available in the game thread the day of.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The CBSSports app used to not even have streaming. They've finally updated to let you stream live games now. They also were one of the last sports channels to get HD on cable.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody15 wrote:The CBSSports app used to not even have streaming. They've finally updated to let you stream live games now. They also were one of the last sports channels to get HD on cable.
Not if you have Verizon tho unfortunately. And it costs extra when NBC Sports does not
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Justns11 wrote:Hey guys I need some help watching the games this weekend.

If you spend enough on Friday I'm sure they'll let you put the URI game on one of the TV's Saturday afternoon.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Atlantic-10 (6)

Location Sensibility, on a scale of 1-5: 3. The site is Pittsburgh, which is a fine city and fits well with the league’s geographic footprint. But the local school, Duquesne, is the 14th seed and should exit quickly and quietly.

Top seed: Dayton (24-6, 15-3) locked up the league last week by beating VCU. But as good as the Flyers have been in recent years, they haven’t won the A-10 tourney in five previous tries under Archie Miller.

Spoiler: Rhode Island reached a fight-or-flight moment Feb. 15 after a dismal home loss to Fordham. Since then the Rams have won five straight, perhaps putting themselves within a single win of securing an NCAA bid.

Minutes pick: Rhode Island (7). Danny Hurley might be positioning himself for a high-major job if he gets the Rams into the field of 68.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-minu ... 34495.html
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

A-10 Tournament odds according to 5dimes:

Dayton +200
VCU +200
Rhode Island +260
Richmond +750
Davidson +1500
St. Bonaventure +1500
George Washington +2000
George Mason +3000
La Salle +8000
Fordham +15000
Massachusetts +15000
Saint Louis +25000
Saint Joseph's +30000
Duquesne +50000
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
RamDownSouth
Jim Eitner

Unread post by RamDownSouth »

This morning around 9am Coach Hurley was on the XM Radio show "The First Team" wih Taylor Zarzour. He was very positive on the overall health of the team going into the A10 Tournament and cited that as a main reason for recent win streak. He said they are squarely focused on Friday's game and seeing who they will play. He remarked that URI is an elite defensive team that will travel well and gives the team confidence. DH also said team is handling pressure well since they have been effectively on the bubble and in a must win situation since home loss to Dayton. He acknowledged that a tourney bid is a big deal and something needed to "ignite" this program to the next level. He said RI is a buzz with both URI and PC having a chance to make it.

He said the usual things about A10 getting no respect and argued that the A10 was probably between the P5 and the other mid major conferences. He agreed with comment from host that no teams with 13/14 overall loses should be in tournament. He was hopeful selection committee might look at team RPI wins against teams ranked through 111 and it didn't come down to one brand over another.

Go Rhody!
Last edited by RamDownSouth 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Location Sensibility, on a scale of 1-5: 3. The site is Pittsburgh, which is a fine city and fits well with the league’s geographic footprint. But the local school, Duquesne, is the 14th seed and should exit quickly and quietly.

I found this an interesting comment, but somewhat disputable. When the A-10 tournament was held in both Dayton and Cincinnati, it fizzled so the fact that the local team has a tournament presence or not is not a significant factor as this comment implies. In fact, the footprint for Pittsburgh is not good. Having been a regular visitor to Pittsburgh, I consider it to be a terrific city with many attractions, but the city as an A-10 tourney site suffers from the same problem that plagued Cincy and Dayton - locational disadvantage for the bulk of member schools. Providence has a similar problem. So does Boston. The cities that make the most sense should be ones that have large size/diverse intrinsic attractiveness AND are advantageously located to the most A-10 schools. If you focus only on those two criteria, the only sites that make sense for the A-10 are NYC, Washington, DC, and Philadelphia.

Next year we will have more evidence as to the truth of that observation.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Anyone know when the team plans to arrive in Pittsburgh? Will they show up for the early games?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

They will definitely be there by Thursday......at the latest.

We are going to be at a disadvantage fan wise there.....the Bonnies will have more being much closer, and if we get Dayton Friday, there will be several thousand red sweater vests at that game.

Same for VCU if we play them Sunday.....although not as many as Dayton will have.
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

theblueram wrote:Anyone know when the team plans to arrive in Pittsburgh? Will they show up for the early games?
URI will be there Wednesday night.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
theblueram
Frank Keaney

If we played in Jersey we would probably have more fans than any other team :D
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Weather could be shitty late Thursday into Friday....could impact travel for those fans planning to arrive for Friday's games......
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rambone 78 wrote:They will definitely be there by Thursday......at the latest.

We are going to be at a disadvantage fan wise there.....the Bonnies will have more being much closer, and if we get Dayton Friday, there will be several thousand red sweater vests at that game.

Same for VCU if we play them Sunday.....although not as many as Dayton will have.
We'll be there causing a scene...so as to minimize any disadvantages ;)
GO RHODY!!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:They will definitely be there by Thursday......at the latest.

We'll be there causing a scene...so as to minimize any disadvantages ;)
GO RHODY!!
Can't make it but have a cappy and egg sandwich at Permantii Bros for me ;)
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.....anyone know if the band is going?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Obadiah wrote:Location Sensibility, on a scale of 1-5: 3. The site is Pittsburgh, which is a fine city and fits well with the league’s geographic footprint. But the local school, Duquesne, is the 14th seed and should exit quickly and quietly.

I found this an interesting comment, but somewhat disputable. When the A-10 tournament was held in both Dayton and Cincinnati, it fizzled so the fact that the local team has a tournament presence or not is not a significant factor as this comment implies. In fact, the footprint for Pittsburgh is not good. Having been a regular visitor to Pittsburgh, I consider it to be a terrific city with many attractions, but the city as an A-10 tourney site suffers from the same problem that plagued Cincy and Dayton - locational disadvantage for the bulk of member schools. Providence has a similar problem. So does Boston. The cities that make the most sense should be ones that have large size/diverse intrinsic attractiveness AND are advantageously located to the most A-10 schools. If you focus only on those two criteria, the only sites that make sense for the A-10 are NYC, Washington, DC, and Philadelphia.

The tournament did not fizzle in Dayton per my memory. It still had great ticket sales. I think the the main reason it has not gone back there is because league members felt it gave Dayton too much of an advantage playing on their homecourt in front of their large passionate fanbase. The tournament did not do as well in Cincinnati where it was played in a downtown arena (not at Xavier) and was hurt by the Musketeers' early departure one year.

The siting of the tournament in Pittsburgh this year has nothing to do with Duquesne even though the arena is right across the street from its campus. The Dukes have no following and are pretty much a lost cause. The siting of the tourney in Pittsburgh was a gift to Dayton as it was the closest logical site to the Flyers it could get the tournament. It is a four hour drive from Dayton and I expect to see a lot of Flyer red in the building. The real question is will they make up for the loss of fans from along the Atlantic coast.

The tournament makes much more sense in DC next year. There are two A-10 schools in the DC metro area and the two Richmond members are just two hours away to the south. The two Philadelphia schools are 2.5 hours north. I however think the league chose DC primarily for VCU and its fans.

In my view, the pro near 20k seat arenas in both Pittsburgh and DC as well as Brooklyn are far too large for the A-10. I think a venue in the 10-15k seat range is better suited since the league does not have great drawing power.
Last edited by RF1 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I have said before that Mohegan would be a great venue with it's 10K seating capacity....of course it will be a long while before we get "favored" status from the A10......the Dunk would be good too and I know they at least put in a bid for this year and next......
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

rambone 78 wrote:I have said before that Mohegan would be a great venue with it's 10K seating capacity....of course it will be a long while before we get "favored" status from the A10......the Dunk would be good too and I know they at least put in a bid for this year and next......
The Dunk pursued it when the A10 announced leaving Brooklyn and dropped out cuz the A10 wanted too many financial guarentees
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

It will be interesting to see where the Big East moves to after MSG drops them for the ACC. Some associated with the ACC want to make MSG their tourney permanent home (read recent Jay Bilas comments). MSG would surely drop the BE in a NY minute if they were able to secure the ACC long term. Would the BE then seek to oust the A10 from Brooklyn or possibly rotate?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The BE contract with MSG runs until 2026.....I doubt things will change for a least a few more years.....
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rambone 78 wrote:The BE contract with MSG runs until 2026.....I doubt things will change for a least a few more years.....

The A-10 had a contract with Barclays for this year and next as well. When there is a will, there is a way.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote:
Obadiah wrote:Location Sensibility, on a scale of 1-5: 3. The site is Pittsburgh, which is a fine city and fits well with the league’s geographic footprint. But the local school, Duquesne, is the 14th seed and should exit quickly and quietly.

The tournament did not fizzle in Dayton per my memory. It still had great ticket sales. I think the the main reason it has not gone back there is because league members felt it gave Dayton too much of an advantage playing on their homecourt in front of their large passionate fanbase. The tournament did not do as well in Cincinnati where it was played in a downtown arena (not at Xavier) and was hurt by the Musketeers' early departure one year.
The siting of the tournament in Pittsburgh this year has nothing to do with Duquesne even though the arena is right across the street from its campus. The Dukes have no following and are pretty much a lost cause. The siting of the tourney in Pittsburgh was a gift to Dayton as it was the closest logical site to the Flyers it could get the tournament. It is a four hour drive from Dayton and I expect to see a lot of Flyer red in the building. The real question is will they make up for the loss of fans from along the Atlantic coast.
The tournament makes much more sense in DC next year. There are two A-10 schools in the DC metro area and the two Richmond members are just two hours away to the south. The two Philadelphia schools are 2.5 hours north. I however think the league chose DC primarily for VCU and its fans
In my view, the pro near 20k seat arenas in both Pittsburgh and DC as well as Brooklyn are far too large for the A-10. I think a venue in the 10-15k seat range is better suited since the league does not have great drawing power.
First of all, we should remember that the A10 had the Barclay's Center wrapped up under contract through the 2020-21 Season. Then the ACC and Barclay's basically kicked the A10 out for the 2016-17 and 2017-18 Seasons. The A10 had to scramble to find a new home for those two years. A10 gets to keep the originally contracted 3 years after in March for 2019, 2020 and 2021. No doubt the addition of schools like Syracuse, Pittsburg, Boston College, West Virginia has put more desire to have the Conference Tournament in a bigger, Northeast Market. Jay Bilas just said this week
that he thought they should go for Madison Square Garden down the road (where the Big East is)

The A10 received bids from 9 arenas.. Not an easy task considering many Arenas are already locked up into long term contracts. You can see they locked in 20,000 seat arenas. Dayton only holds about 13k. Whether they need that size is another story but that is what they are looking at.

Money is a driving factor, as always and should be, so in competitive bidding Pittsburgh and DC may have come out on top, regardless of which schools might have wanted it closer to them.

I personally like the idea of Pittsburgh and Washington DC. I'll be at both and really looking forward to DC next year. I liked Barclays but I think the 800 pound gorilla spoke on Barclays. and would not be surprised if the Big East gets pushed out of MSG especially if their attendance is low and the ACC fills up Barclay's as expected.

http://www.masslive.com/umassbasketball ... 7_tou.html

According to McGlade, the league received nine "really competitive bids" from cities scattered throughout the Atlantic 10's east coast and midwest footprint. She said the league will have an "open mind" about moving the championship location around again after the deal with Barclays runs out in 2021.
Built in 2010, the CONSOL Energy Center is a multi-purpose arena that houses the NHL's Pittsburgh Penguins, the Arena Football League's Pittsburgh Power and occasional Duquesne and University of Pittsburgh basketball games. In its basketball configuration, the arena holds roughly 19,100 fans.
The Verizon Center is also multi-purpose, housing the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, the WNBA's Washington Mystics and Georgetown basketball games. Configured for basketball, it can seat over 20,300 people.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I would think the powers that be that run the BE are a little smarter than the A10's......The ACC got 2 years at Barclay's in return for what exactly?

A few games involving bottom feeders?

Yes when money's involved, maybe the ACC could blow the BE's doors off, but not likely imo, what with that rather large TV contract that the BE has with Fox.....

We got taken advantage of.....
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.....isn't the Big 10 thinking of a move to the NYC area for its tourney?
Last edited by section(105) 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote:.....isn't the Big 10 thinking of a move to the NYC area for its tourney?
Yes. They play in DC this year, same place we will be in next year.

The Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament has been held in either Chicago or Indianapolis through the first 17 years of its existence. The annual event returns to the United Center for the ninth time in 2015 and will be held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse for the 10th time in 2016, before making its first appearance on the East Coast when the 2017 event is held at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. The tournament will return to Chicago in 2019 and 2021 and Indianapolis in 2020 and 2022.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/s ... 14aab.html
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rambone 78 wrote:I would think the powers that be that run the BE are a little smarter than the A10's......The ACC got 2 years at Barclay's in return for what exactly?

A few games involving bottom feeders?

Yes when money's involved, maybe the ACC could blow the BE's doors off, but not likely imo, what with that rather large TV contract that the BE has with Fox.....

We got taken advantage of.....
Agreed. The A10 has done a great job navigating conference realignment, but that deal was so terrible. We had a prime location that was nationally desirable, and we got ACC bottom feeders to play A10 bottom feeders.

Should've held onto the contract for dear life, or forced guarantees to Duke, UNC, and Virginia. Uncharacteristically bad.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote:.....isn't the Big 10 thinking of a move to the NYC area for its tourney?

In fact, 105, the Big 10 will be moving to MSG next year BUT the BE will also hold their Conference Tourney in MSG. Big 10 will go first so there will be 1.5 weeks of Tournament B-Ball in the Garden. BE and Big 10 also signed that agreement to play games against one another in the Verizon Center during the season.

Makes you wonder why we couldn't have done a similar agreement with Barclays.
0 x