2017 Atlantic - 10 Tournament - Pittsburgh

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: 2017 Atlantic - 10 Tournament - Pittsburgh

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ramster wrote:
section(105) wrote:.....isn't the Big 10 thinking of a move to the NYC area for its tourney?

In fact, 105, the Big 10 will be moving to MSG next year BUT the BE will also hold their Conference Tourney in MSG. Big 10 will go first so there will be 1.5 weeks of Tournament B-Ball in the Garden. BE and Big 10 also signed that agreement to play games against one another in the Verizon Center during the season.

Makes you wonder why we couldn't have done a similar agreement with Barclays.
I guess MSG is looking for better basketball than what the Knicks are offering.
Last edited by Rhody74 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody74 wrote:
ramster wrote:
section(105) wrote:.....isn't the Big 10 thinking of a move to the NYC area for its tourney?

In fact, 105, the Big 10 will be moving to MSG next year BUT the BE will also hold their Conference Tourney in MSG. Big 10 will go first so there will be 1.5 weeks of Tournament B-Ball in the Garden. BE and Big 10 also signed that agreement to play games against one another in the Verizon Center during the season.

Makes you wonder why we couldn't have done a similar agreement with Barclays.
I guess MSG is looking for better basketball than what the Knicks are offering.
:lol: :lol:
0 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

section(105) wrote:.....anyone know if the band is going?
Band will be there. Stays until we win the whole damn thing on Sunday.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The A-10 tournament starts tonight with two first round games on tap, both on ASN:

At 6 PM - UMass versus St. Joseph's. UMass favored by 4. I'm rooting for St. Joe's to take this one.

At 8:30 PM - Saint Louis versus Duquesne. Duquesne favored by 3. No real preference, but to keep City of Pittsburgh engaged in tournament, I go with Duquesne.
Last edited by Obadiah 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

As an added rooting interest - if Fordham beats George Mason and plays VCU, they're near guaranteed to be inside of the top 200. That could also be big for us.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

rambone 78 wrote:They will definitely be there by Thursday......at the latest.

We are going to be at a disadvantage fan wise there.....the Bonnies will have more being much closer, and if we get Dayton Friday, there will be several thousand red sweater vests at that game.

Same for VCU if we play them Sunday.....although not as many as Dayton will have.

Nothing more intimidating than a bunch of Ned Flanders type folk in sweater vests. ;) :lol:
1 x
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Justns11 wrote:Hey guys I need some help watching the games this weekend.

Unfortunately, I've got a family vacation planned this weekend in Northern NH and I'm going to be without internet or cell service (It's in the middle of no where). That being said, there's a local bar about 20 minutes away that has great WiFi so I plan on going there to hopefully stream the games online.

I just downloaded the NBC Sports App on my ipad and connected it with my DirecTV account and the streaming works great.

Unfortunately I just tried the same thing with the CBS Sports App, but they don't offer live streaming for DirecTV customers, only Cox and a few other random providers.

Does anyone have any other ideas or know of any other streaming that's available? Thanks in advance.
If you spend enough on Friday I'm sure they'll let you put the URI game on one of the TV's Saturday afternoon.
I don't think they get CBS Sports Net or NBC Sports Net. This is way up in Pittsburg NH which borders Canada.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Justns11 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Justns11 wrote:Hey guys I need some help watching the games this weekend.

Unfortunately, I've got a family vacation planned this weekend in Northern NH and I'm going to be without internet or cell service (It's in the middle of no where). That being said, there's a local bar about 20 minutes away that has great WiFi so I plan on going there to hopefully stream the games online.

I just downloaded the NBC Sports App on my ipad and connected it with my DirecTV account and the streaming works great.

Unfortunately I just tried the same thing with the CBS Sports App, but they don't offer live streaming for DirecTV customers, only Cox and a few other random providers.

Does anyone have any other ideas or know of any other streaming that's available? Thanks in advance.
If you spend enough on Friday I'm sure they'll let you put the URI game on one of the TV's Saturday afternoon.
I don't think they get CBS Sports Net or NBC Sports Net. This is way up in Pittsburg NH which borders Canada.
When you get your family in the car for the trip, just make sure you enter Pittsburgh, PA in your navigation. When you arrive, just say you messed up on the navigation, sorry. Take it from there. ;)
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Did anyone see the pin-and-spin move Holloway just made? He's going to be a big problem.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We will be playing the Bonnies.

Just attack the basket, like EC did late against Davidson. Especially if the 3's aren't falling [again].....

Get Adams and Mobley in foul trouble relatively early, and this will be a win by double digits.

That's using our guard depth advantage wisely.

We will be tempted to fire up 3's...a lot....Bonnies don't defend the perimeter very well.

We can't win games against good teams by standing around. Move it, or lose it.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

St Joes getting pummeled. Cook the chicken and feed it to Phil!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote:
Justns11 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
When you get your family in the car for the trip, just make sure you enter Pittsburgh, PA in your navigation. When you arrive, just say you messed up on the navigation, sorry. Take it from there. ;)
That is brilliant....

I lived in NH for a while...to be up there, at this time of year...you've either gotta be ice-fishing or hunting, don't you?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Phil must not like chicken :lol:
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

The one team I do not want URI to have to play out of the three that they could possibly face is UMASS. Their big man is a match up problem. It probably wouldn't be as much of a problem if Hurley utilized Berry on him more, but because of Dan's reluctance to use Berry, I feel UMASS would be the toughest of the three to beat (out of St. Joes, UMass, & St. Bonaventure).
1 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

You guys smell feathers?

Smells like a Hawk getting burned. :lol:
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If UMass does beat the Bonnies....Holloway will be one tired dude......we play at all uptempo and he'll be toast.
3 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Good point Rambone but I don't see either team beating the Bonnies.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

it would be a serious choke job if we lose to Umass in the quarters.
Which, with our history with them is VERY possible.

But really we should smoke them since it would be their 3rd game in 3 days.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

PeterRamTime wrote:it would be a serious choke job if we lose to Umass in the quarters.
Which, with our history with them is VERY possible.

But really we should smoke them since it would be their 3rd game in 3 days.
What history? Different coach, different team. We beat them twice this year.

Give us whoever I like our odds.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I like our odds too.
But UMass just makes me nervous because of the several times they've beaten us when we've had better teams in the last ten or so years.
Yes we beat them this year but it wasn't that easy...
I'd still give us a 90% chance against them if we played.
They just make me nervous.
I got chris Lowe- Ricky harris ptsd....
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Duquesne blew an 18 point second half lead in basically a home game vs St Louis. SLU 72 DU 71 on a tip in with 2 seconds. Dukes had a to and missed two ft's in the last 15 seconds while giving up two baskets.
Last edited by RF1 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Incredible ending to that game as Duquesne blew a 5 point lead with 25 seconds left. Also, clinging to a one point lead, Duquesne went to the line with 9 seconds left and missed both foul shots.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Obadiah wrote:Incredible ending to that game as Duquesne blew a 5 point lead with 25 seconds left. Also, clinging to a one point lead, Duquesne went to the line with 9 seconds left and missed both foul shots.

That may be Jim Ferry's last game on the Bluff.
2 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

2nd straight game Duquesne missed 2 free throws under 20 second that cost them a game
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

twisted3829 wrote:2nd straight game Duquesne missed 2 free throws under 20 second that cost them a game
Blackman was shooting 76% FTs on the season and shot 83% and 80% in his 2 years at Niagara but missed two with 9 seconds to go. Only needed 1 to tie and go to OT
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

Lewis II an 83% free throw shooter missed 2 against st joe's with 4 seconds left down 1
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ha I had STL nice !!

I say we play Bona it will help our RPI numbers
0 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

After skipping last year I will be driving with the two guys who now run the Ruckus. I know they will be tweeting a whole bunch on our travels as we drive from Kingston to Pittsburgh. And we will be attending the alumni event too so should be able to see a few of you guys there.Should be a great time.
bigappleram wrote:Any Keaney Blue members making the trip?
0 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

Be careful with the driving. I hope you're leaving sooner rather than later. The storm we are getting here tomorrow is going through the entire state of PA later today. My wife and I were going to drive out there but we couldn't head out until later this afternoon. When we saw the weather reports developing early in the week we changed our minds.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

A full day of A-10 action today in Pittsburgh.

Noon: #9 Davidson vs #8 La Salle. On NBCSN.

2:30 PM: #12 UMass vs #5 St. Bonaventure. On NBCSN.

6 PM: #10 Fordham vs #7 George Mason. On NBCSN.

8:30 PM: #11 St. Louis vs #6 George Washington. On NBCSN.

First game is already underway and early in the first half Davidson leads La Salle, 18-11.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Things seem to be falling into place nicely, provided we don't get jacked up by weather. En route to Pittsburgh via Detroit...where they offered us vouchers to take a later flight...aka "NCAA tourney airfare funding"...which will help immensely in discussions with the Homefront Treasurer...
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

A Davidson win puts them with them a projected RPI right at 100, giving us two extra top 100 wins, but a LaSalle win doesn't quite get them there, so Davidson winning is better for us.

If St. Bonaventure loses they have a projected RPI of 99. That might be cutting it close for top 100 wins.

A George Mason win moves them from 106 to 102.

George Washington needs to win to stay in the top 100.
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RhowdyRam02 wrote:A Davidson win puts them with them a projected RPI right at 100, giving us two extra top 100 wins, but a LaSalle win doesn't quite get them there, so Davidson winning is better for us.

If St. Bonaventure loses they have a projected RPI of 99. That might be cutting it close for top 100 wins.

A George Mason win moves them from 106 to 102.

George Washington needs to win to stay in the top 100.
Go wildcats, go bonnies!
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Davidson leads La Salle at the half, 49-34. Davidson has had some spectacular outside shooting (9-19), four 3-pointers by the Icelandic freshman Gudmundson alone. Also Davidson is showing some great ball movement and beautiful entry passes that have given them easy lay-ups.

Lots of people in arena disguised as empty seats.
Last edited by Obadiah 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Obadiah wrote:Davidson leads La Salle at the half, 49-34. Davidson has had some spectacular outside shooting (9-19), four 3-pointers by the Icelandic freshman Gudmundson alone. Also Davidson is showing some great ball movement and beautiful entry passes that have given them easy lay-ups.

Lots of people in arena disguised as empty seats.
LaSalle hit 7 of 10 three's in the first half and yet trail Davidson by 15.

Davidson looks very strong.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What a comeback by LaSalle. 3 Point game now.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I will be heading to Pittsburgh with my wife about 4AM from South Jersey. We should arrive
between 9:30 am to 10 Am. going straight to the arena. don't have my tickets yet but it
looks like there will be plenty available. anyone have their tickets already ? If so where are
you sitting ? My wife and I will be both wearing Dayton shirts on top for the first game on
Friday because we are both Dayton grads, and URI shirts underneath. after the first game
we will be taking off the Dayton shirts for the URI game. We will be looking for URI fans to
celebrate the first victory. Can't wait to hit the highway. going to get in some basketball
later tonight before we get going. Hope to see lots of URI fans at the arena. NYG FAN I see you
will be there. I will try to look for you and others.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

RF1 wrote:
Obadiah wrote:Incredible ending to that game as Duquesne blew a 5 point lead with 25 seconds left. Also, clinging to a one point lead, Duquesne went to the line with 9 seconds left and missed both foul shots.

That may be Jim Ferry's last game on the Bluff.
Do you guys remember when we got rid of Baron, and there was a group of people that wanted us to hire Ferry? Who knows if he would have been successful here, it is just interesting to think back on...
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In the post game talk after URI-Davidson game, Chris DiSano observed that Davidson has a thin first team and has blown many big leads to lose games. The Davidson lead is now at 7. Let's see if they can hold on and avoid the fatigue factor.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I'd be livid if I were a Davidson fan, but maybe they're just used to living and dying by the sword that is Gibbs. He plays such irresponsible basketball.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

luke wrote:I will be heading to Pittsburgh with my wife about 4AM from South Jersey. We should arrive
between 9:30 am to 10 Am. going straight to the arena. don't have my tickets yet but it
looks like there will be plenty available. anyone have their tickets already ? If so where are
you sitting ? My wife and I will be both wearing Dayton shirts on top for the first game on
Friday because we are both Dayton grads, and URI shirts underneath. after the first game
we will be taking off the Dayton shirts for the URI game. We will be looking for URI fans to
celebrate the first victory. Can't wait to hit the highway. going to get in some basketball
later tonight before we get going. Hope to see lots of URI fans at the arena. NYG FAN I see you
What shirts will you have on for the Semi Final Game? :lol:
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Aldrich is a baller
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

And Davidson holds on to win 82-73, the first result of the day is a good one, and now hopefully we'll have two more top 100 wins!
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

luke wrote:I will be heading to Pittsburgh with my wife about 4AM from South Jersey. We should arrive
Absolutely, with our big blue banner in tow. PM me with a cell # and we can coordinate.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Ramster, we will both be wearing URI shirts even if they play Dayton in the semis
and of course we will have the URI gear on for the final should we be so fortunate.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

luke wrote:Ramster, we will both be wearing URI shirts even if they play Dayton in the semis
and of course we will have the URI gear on for the final should we be so fortunate.
I pretty much thought that would be the case

GO RHODY! Enjoy and drive safely!
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Bonas are smoking UMass
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

They are not going to be easy.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

St. Bonaventure looking really good and lead UMass at the half, 44-26. Other than a slight disadvantage on rebounding, Bona is handling the ball well and making shots. They have disrupted UMass flow and the Minuteman have 10 TO's to 3 for the Bonnies. Let's see if they can keep that up in the second half!!
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Something about the Brown Indians says "trick-or-treat" to me. They're just good enough to beat us, so we'd better not screw around tomorrow. I'd much rather play the dead-tired Redmen.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.