Stan Robinson Is A Starter

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Stan Robinson Is A Starter

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I think Iverson was underated because of his length. He was the tallest guy on the team, with mobility. They need a big man to replace him; preferably a grad transfer who can contribute immediately.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I hope so I don't want Akele in the starting 5 just give him bench minutes
1 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Refrained on posting to this thread, but Stan is a starter. He has been best player on court in a few games. Think he has shaken all rust off him. Kid started in B10. No dis respect to A10, but different talent level. If he can make the adjustment to a consistent or fairly consistent level, forget the address. He can be best player on team. Lock down defender , no fear and you can see he like big stage. He's got more phyical skill than anyone on team. Anyone, even JT. Kids a winner, bottom line. His shooting isn't fantastic,but we have far from anyone who is a knockdown shooter. Stan has quickly become one of my favorite players. Kid makes plays, winning plays. Quality PT is a remedy for a lot of basketball ills.
1 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Also Stan is quality person with great work ethic. Around recruiting circles when he came out of hs ranks. Young man dedicated to being the best he can. He couldn't shoot at all at the hs level and is now decent. Wouldn't surprise me if he comes back next season as a very contestant shooter.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

giovanni wrote:Also Stan is quality person with great work ethic. Around recruiting circles when he came out of hs ranks. Young man dedicated to being the best he can. He couldn't shoot at all at the hs level and is now decent. Wouldn't surprise me if he comes back next season as a very contestant shooter.
2 years ago when my wife and I were taking our engagement pictures (at URI of course), we did some shots in the Ryan Center. It was the middle of summer right after work. There were no classes going on, no sessions, nothing. While we were taking our pictures, Stan Robinson had put up at least 400 shots - I only know this because of the shot counter he had next to him.

He wasn't distracted by 2 people, a Ram, and a photographer. He just kept shooting.

If he keeps that up this offseason, I can't imagine how much more he'll improve.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Stan next year is akin to Kuran this year. He has the potential to be an X factor for our 17-18 team...make us hard to guard, add a dimension no one else can bring. He obviously has the atheticism and talent, its almost entirely mental with him. Like it was with KI. I look for another year of DH's influence to result in many more games like the Oregon one.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The Oregon game got to get his confidence sky high. He will be our super sub like Kenny Green was in 88 and Abdul Fox in 93
1 x