2017-18 tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

2017-18 tickets

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

They've updated the season ticket information for next season on the website. Looks like prices will remain the same and there will be no reseating this offseason. April 1st is the early bird renewal deadline.

http://www.gorhody.com/tickets/men-s_ba ... on_tickets
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2017-18 tickets

Unread post by section(105) »

......I am in.....the outcome of this season has no influence on purchase....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

^ditto
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I was worried they were gunna move the young alumni or jack up the price. Glad they didnt!!
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Right now I'd rather stand at center court and light the money on fire, bill by bill. Then do the same with my RIRAA contribution. Then do the same with the money I spend on gasoline, meals etc. THAT would give me more pleasure than another season of this.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Well, Houston, we have a problem.....a lot of empty seats are the future......that helped JB out the door......and considering how much of that seat revenue URI is giving Dan as part of his contract....the bean counters aren't going to be too happy.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Yeah, I was at least going to get a mini plan so I could see the PC game...but nah.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Normally I would be inclined to stop my donation to the BB program......but maybe we can start a FIRE HURLEY fund.........I would increase my donation if it would go toward buying him out.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Am still in on the tix...I may be disgusted, but I'm not that bright either....
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Looks like I picked the right season to give up my season tickets.
NO regrets at all.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Just watch the games on TV they are all on
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Was first year I had bought season tickets since 2005. Guess who isn't buying them again. THIS GUY!!!! Last night was the last straw. 18 years and counting
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

If they're smart they'll put off the renewal until the end of the summer so the wounds aren't so fresh. Their best shot at getting any kind of percentage of returners is hoping for some short memories or cases of dementia.
0 x
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Surfri72 »

I'm not renewing, Thorr needs to be fired. the whole athletic department underperforms.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I wasn't going to say this...but I've heard that money is being taken from other programs to help pay for the BB program's shortfalls due to lower than anticipated ticket revenue....that has to go to Dan as part of his contract.

I was told of a couple specific instances so far......this could be a really bad development for the entire athletic dept.

Things are going to get worse next season.....URI has really screwed themselves with this coach's contract.
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

This school reminds me of the Red Sox. After LA bails them out of ridiculous contracts, they get right back into new bad contractors.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Well I doubt that URI or it's BB boosters will come up with 4 million to dump this guy.

As with Baron, the natives are getting restless......but that's a lot of money.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

rambone 78 wrote:Well I doubt that URI or it's BB boosters will come up with 4 million to dump this guy.

As with Baron, the natives are getting restless......but that's a lot of money.
I doubt it is $4MM. I would be shocked if there isn't offset language in there. And I doubt DH wants to sit on his hands for four years. My guess is that they would settle for half. Still a big number but not crazy.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

There is offset language...but where would DH go?

Even with that, it's still a lot of cashola for URI........
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote:I wasn't going to say this...but I've heard that money is being taken from other programs to help pay for the BB program's shortfalls due to lower than anticipated ticket revenue....that has to go to Dan as part of his contract.

I was told of a couple specific instances so far......this could be a really bad development for the entire athletic dept.

Things are going to get worse next season.....URI has really screwed themselves with this coach's contract.
I think you need to start listening to other people. Any shortfalls in ticket revenue are being covered by the URI Foundation, not other athletic programs. It sounds like the people you're listening to have sour grapes that they're not allowed to mooch off of men's basketball as much as they planned.
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bpaz11 wrote:If they're smart they'll put off the renewal until the end of the summer so the wounds aren't so fresh. Their best shot at getting any kind of percentage of returners is hoping for some short memories or cases of dementia.
This could work knowing the age of our fan base :D
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Billyboy78 wrote:Yeah, I was at least going to get a mini plan so I could see the PC game...but nah.
Make that two
0 x