A Tip of the Hat to E.C. Matthews

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
JoeCabrey
Frenchy Tomlin

A Tip of the Hat to E.C. Matthews

Unread post by JoeCabrey »

Greetings from Hawk Hill. I'd like to acknowledge that E.C. Matthews contacted Shavar Newkirk after Shavar's season ending ACL injury. Matthews reaching out and lending his support and 1st hand experience with the injury and rehab meant a lot to Shavar.

As a footnote to last year's game in Kingston that was an inadvertent elbow by Isaiah Miles. If any of you know "Zeke" he is one of the friendliest and funniest guys you'd ever meet and was like the pied piper with little kids the whole time he was at SJU and a team leader in community service.

If your guys can shoot in March like they shot Tuesday night you are in for a nice post season! Except for your trip to Hagan Arena March 1st good luck the rest of the way!
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: A Tip of the Hat to E.C. Matthews

Unread post by TruePoint »

Thanks for sharing, Joe.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Well said
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice job EC
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

This gesture shows a lot of maturity and kindness. Great job EC!
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Did Shavar give EC any tips on losing control of the ball on every drive to the hoop? Love ya dude but that is something that needs to be worked on. EC you are still classy and we all are pulling for both of you guys!
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Ramtastico, not trying to be douchey, but wrong thread for that take, we should be able to keep these things separate, it would be nice to just acknowledge the gesture and save the ball control take for a thread focused on player development or game time concerns or whatever. Seriously not trying to be a dick, its just that we all (myself included) have a tendency to obscure the point of certain discussions by forcing our other observations or concerns into places they where don't fit.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Ok, just still pissed over last night. Just trying to be cute. I thought the last sentence would soften it but guess not. See your point though.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Ramtastico wrote:Ok, just still pissed over last night. Just trying to be cute. I thought the last sentence would soften it but guess not. See your point though.
8-) Very cool sir, thanks for not taking me as too preachy, because really, who the F*@% am I to suggest how others post here.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!