Game 15: Dayton Friday Jan 6 @ 7pm ESPN2 University of Dayton Arena

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Game 15: Dayton Friday Jan 6 @ 7pm ESPN2 University of Dayton Arena

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I follow Jarvis on instagram. He was constantly posting pictures of the twins. He hasn't posted a picture of them in almost two months.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

TP, I will take you up on that one......not that I want us to not Dance of course......I would love to pay for the entire meal...ha ha

Although if Hass misses a bunch more time...you have to admit we're in trouble.

And I agree with most here.....JG can't hang with very good PG's........screw "loyalty".........give Dowtin a chance to make a shot....let Stan guard S.Smith.....and play Cyril more on D late....stop giving up layups late....

Our "proven" veterans aren't proving anything with the game on the line. Something tells me Dan will start adjusting PT going forward...or he should.

I'm beginning to wonder.....with Hassan going to be out again....and JG playing like shit......play the same lineups we did against St. Louis and St. Joes and move the ball with Dowtin and Stan getting more minutes....can't hurt.

It's clear both JD and SR have a higher BB IQ......
0 x
Rhody Dude
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody Dude »

brady1 wrote:We play great D every first half and we are exhausted and play Shiyyy D in the late stages second half against good teams. So how do we fix that?

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
It would be nice to use half the roster that was boasted about being so deep. Berry: went off against dayton last year, didn't get a chance, mike layssard: (not much to go off but) 18.8 rebounds per 40 min, didn't get a chance, cyril: is a monster, 8 minutes. Its puzzling why 4 guards and kuran (basically a tall guard) are out there to try and close the last 9 or so minutes of a game..Dayton just made layups the rest of the game for the easy win because there was nothing to stop them down low.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
RamZone72 wrote:A couple minutes into the broadcast the announcers said that Hassan was on a 20-23 minute limit. Box Score says he finished with 20 so maybe Dan,the staff, and medical people were adamant that he not go beyond that
if thats the case, why burn the minutes in the 1st half? simply logic would say save him for the 2nd half where it matters more....oh, right
Because there's a very real argument that using his minutes early creates a lead while saving his minutes for late means you never have the lead and are playing behind the whole game. It also ignores the fact that it's better to have him play early while he's fully warmed up and stretched out from the pregame as opposed to having a player coming back from a muscle pull entering a game cold. It also ignores that maybe he felt something wasn't right and Hurley was forced to play him only 20 minutes instead of 25 and Hurley realized there's a lot of season left so decided not to push Martin through an injury. You see, there's a lot of not only good reasons, but better reasons, why Hurley allocated Martin's minutes the way he did, but you have to have your cranium some place outside of your rectum for you to see that, so I'm not counting on a poster like you to ever get it.

If you want to argue Hurley should have played Langevine more or Berry at all, have at it. But based on the information we have there are plenty of logical reasons why Martin's minutes looked the way they did.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Hurley's fault we had 18 turnovers and JG played like shit?
EC's handle has not improved since he got here. How many more times will he try to dribble through 2 defenders?
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

brady1 wrote:
section(105) wrote:......we are what we have seen, beat up on the have nots, struggle and loose to all the equals or highers, no demonstrated ability to make the plays by players that should be counted on to deliver, more frustration, more of the same; what really really really concerns me is that we regress on some night home or away to the have nots and end any hopes of dancing.....how disappointing....

"COACHING"

THERE IS STILL TIME TO FIX THIS BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO REALIZE WHAT"S WRONG!

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
You're right, someone needs to realize what's wrong, and it's not a curse idiot
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
RamZone72 wrote:A couple minutes into the broadcast the announcers said that Hassan was on a 20-23 minute limit. Box Score says he finished with 20 so maybe Dan,the staff, and medical people were adamant that he not go beyond that
if thats the case, why burn the minutes in the 1st half? simply logic would say save him for the 2nd half where it matters more....oh, right
Because there's a very real argument that using his minutes early creates a lead while saving his minutes for late means you never have the lead and are playing behind the whole game. It also ignores the fact that it's better to have him play early while he's fully warmed up and stretched out from the pregame as opposed to having a player coming back from a muscle pull entering a game cold. It also ignores that maybe he felt something wasn't right and Hurley was forced to play him only 20 minutes instead of 25 and Hurley realized there's a lot of season left so decided not to push Martin through an injury. You see, there's a lot of not only good reasons, but better reasons, why Hurley allocated Martin's minutes the way he did, but you have to have your cranium some place outside of your rectum for you to see that, so I'm not counting on a poster like you to ever get it.

If you want to argue Hurley should have played Langevine more or Berry at all, have at it. But based on the information we have there are plenty of logical reasons why Martin's minutes looked the way they did.

against a middle of the pack team, sure go for that.

but to expect to be able to do that to the #1 team in teh conference, in their house is simply retarded.
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote:Yeah, this doesn't sound good...

Bill Koch ‏@BillKoch25 · 7m7 minutes ago

When asked if Hassan Martin reinjured his quad or just didn't have his legs, Dan Hurley said 'Probably a little bit of both.' #URI #Rams
great. there's the built in excuse to mask the true deficiencies of the team
Where on the list of true difficiencies would you rank not having your most most important player? If Hassan was available the whole game, URI would have won.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Eli doesn't the players poise under pressure reflect on the coach, at least a little bit? IMO it does. EC has been the same since he got here, I agree. Isn't it up to Hurley to demand improvement, and help the players do what it takes to get better? I think he is a good coach who will keep improving. But he most certainly is responsible for the performance of his team. I have 50ish people that work for me; if they screw up, I screw up. That's just the way it is.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:

but to expect to be able to do that to the #1 team in teh conference, in their house is simply retarded.
I'd ask what point you were trying to make, but you can't even spell the word "the" so why even bother.
0 x
Rhody Dude
Abdul Fox

Good players keep a game close. Good coaching makes a close game a win.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jared took 5 shots tonight after scoring 25 pts. last game.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Why didn't Cyril play the last 10 minutes with Hass out?

Loyalty to others? Because he's a freshman? Makes no sense......

I think we may have won if he was in there......might have helped the interior D ya think?

That's my biggest gripe with Hurley tonight......he also could have gone offense with Berry and defense with Cyril late.....
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Jared took 5 shots tonight after scoring 25 pts. last game.
Billyboy it's totally screwed up. Not sure why that keeps happening with Terrell, but it needs to stop.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

"Hurley Ec hits a 3 in second half you take him out WTF give him a chance to get hot ala st joies."

"Last year thought JG was morphing into TYSON right now he's mike powell sorry we have have NCAA talent and M Powell as our Pg WTF DAN Wake up!"

I couldn't agree with these statements more. Danny seems to have a thing for taking guys out after hitting a couple of shots. EC clearly lacks confidence at times and is a streak shooter. And this was early in the 2nd half, so its not like he played the first 10 minutes and needed a blow.

Jarvis played very well for us last years, but he has definitely regressed. He was just bad tonight, in every aspect of the game. While, like I say he has played very well for us for most the time, I never quite saw the stardom in him some others have. Just thinking back to our 2 last 2 great teams, so many years ago,you had Silk and Tyson. I like Jarvis, but sorry, in no way should he be mentioned with those guys. I think we here may have been starved for any type of decent point guard. Hopefully he can somehow prove me wrong the remainder of the season.
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Billyboy78 wrote:Jared took 5 shots tonight after scoring 25 pts. last game.
Yea I don't understand how at this point Terrell isn't taking 10 shots minimum every game. He's been our best guard this season yet he's had several games where it seems like he's not looking to score.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Honest question for people who think Terrell needed to take more shots. How many open looks did he pass up tonight?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy, I didn't realize that JT only took 5 shots.....wow......sometimes he looks for his shot and other times he disappears.......

another thing that makes no sense.....

This team definitely is more physically skilled than Dayton......but the mental skills are lacking.......and the coaching.....well let's just say Dayton has an advantage there.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Same ol' Rhody. :roll:
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
brady1 wrote:
section(105) wrote:......we are what we have seen, beat up on the have nots, struggle and loose to all the equals or highers, no demonstrated ability to make the plays by players that should be counted on to deliver, more frustration, more of the same; what really really really concerns me is that we regress on some night home or away to the have nots and end any hopes of dancing.....how disappointing....

"COACHING"

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
Some of us want THE URI RAMS to succeed and are looking for answers for HURLEY AND THE RAMS to succeed you seem to like the status quo. All press no results for my boy RR2.

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Honest question for people who think Terrell needed to take more shots. How many open looks did he pass up tonight?
I'm not sure how many open looks he passed up but I think he drove to the hoop once in the first half and scored but didn't drive for the rest of the game.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Always the bridesmaid... sigh...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

brady1 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
brady1 wrote:
"COACHING"

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
Some of us want THE URI RAMS to succeed and are looking for answers for HURLEY AND THE RAMS to succeed you seem to like the status quo. All press no results for my boy RR2.

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
The answer is reversing a curse? What's it like being an idiot no one has respect for? Do people pretend they like you because they feel bad that you're so slow? Is that why you dislike me so much, I'm the first person who's been honest about how mentally challenged you are and you just don't know how to deal with it emotionally?
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:

I'd ask what point you were trying to make, but you can't even spell the word "the" so why even bother.
whoa, we got a real clever one here! be warned folks, typos = intelligence level

kind of sad when you dont even know your own point, eh sunshine?

"Because there's a very real argument that using his minutes early creates a lead while saving his minutes for late means you never have the lead and are playing behind the whole game."
Last edited by Da_Process_Survivor 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
brady1 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
The answer is reversing a curse? What's it like being an idiot no one has respect for? Do people pretend they like you because they feel bad that you're so slow? Is that why you dislike me so much, I'm the first person who's been honest about how mentally challenged you are and you just don't know how to deal with it emotionally?
Ok NITBOY it's time to stop a personal give and take and wasting the boards space but PM me it you feel you need to take this further. But don't PM me at 3am about getting a pizza and a domestic beer with you and spirit animals. Just not into that NITBOY!

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
Last edited by brady1 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Ohh Brady is an Internet tough guy! Why move it to pm's, what do you want to do tough guy?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Honest question for people who think Terrell needed to take more shots. How many open looks did he pass up tonight?
Idk, but is that the point? What about running offense designed to get him looks?
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Ohh Brady is an Internet tough guy! Why move it to pm's, what do you want to do tough guy?

Could of predicted that.

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Have. I could have predicted that.
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Have. I could have predicted that.
Son RRNITBOY really your wasting good peoples time. It's a silly internet bulletin board. Grammar correction not allowed. Soon you'll be asking who's wallets bigger? Maybe not.

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:
Idk, but is that the point? What about running offense designed to get him looks?
Hurley has consistently said that he wants his three main guards to get 30-40 shots, so I doubt the game plan tonight was for Terrell to not take shots. So I'd argue they were probably looking for Terrell to shoot more than he did, but an elite defensive team shut down one of our top options. That's why I asked how many open looks he passed up. As good as Terrell has been for us this year, he hasn't been so good that he's a better option covered than other guys are open.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

My eyes saw a Flyer D committed to denying Terrell the ball. He is not yet comfortable to my eyes coming off picks... he is primarily a slasher and a 1 on 1 dribble drive player.

I thought the team looked pretty good in the first half but it remains a challenge to get the team firing on all cylinders.

Again had this one down as a loss but instead it was another woulda, shoulda, coulda....

Got 4 of those now and they've all been hard to watch.

This is feeling a lot like the 75 World Series.

Still 15-3 is doable? We've held serve at home I still believe....sorta.

(But I want to know why we keep running a wild low percentage play at the end of games and in particular why we finished this game with no interior defense-maddening !!!!)
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I am kinda curious as to who cursed us too... the evil Dave Gavitt maybe?

Sadly we've mostly just sucked, choked and quit but maybe there's a curse somewhere....
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
Hurley has consistently said that he wants his three main guards to get 30-40 shots, so I doubt the game plan tonight was for Terrell to not take shots. So I'd argue they were probably looking for Terrell to shoot more than he did, but an elite defensive team shut down one of our top options. That's why I asked how many open looks he passed up. As good as Terrell has been for us this year, he hasn't been so good that he's a better option covered than other guys are open.
I'm sure that wasn't the game plan, but you'd think they'd make more of a concerted effort to get him looks. Regardless, I don't think that's the reason we lost, and if a play or two go the other way then we aren't talking about it.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

57, we were playing 4 guards and KI isn't known for defense........

Dan was looking for offense so he was giving it up on defense imo........however defense wins games at the end...needed Cyril in there.

Maybe if Hassan misses time we'll see more Cyril late in games...hope so. Who else we got?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TP, isn't it ALWAYS "If a play or two goes the other way" with us?

It's not a coincidence.
1 x
Rhody Dude
Abdul Fox

rambone 78 wrote:57, we were playing 4 guards and KI isn't known for defense........

Dan was looking for offense so he was giving it up on defense imo........however defense wins games at the end...needed Cyril in there.

Maybe if Hassan misses time we'll see more Cyril late in games...hope so. Who else we got?
yup cant expect 4 guards to out rebound/guard anything down low, we had berry and layssard watching from the bench too, both probably coulda helped also
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

hrstrat57 wrote:My eyes saw a Flyer D committed to denying Terrell the ball. He is not yet comfortable to my eyes coming off picks... he is primarily a slasher and a 1 on 1 dribble drive player.

I thought the team looked pretty good in the first half but it remains a challenge to get the team firing on all cylinders.

Again had this one down as a loss but instead it was another woulda, shoulda, coulda....

Got 4 of those now and they've all been hard to watch.

This is feeling a lot like the 75 World Series.

Still 15-3 is doable? We've held serve at home I still believe....sorta.

(But I want to know why we keep running a wild low percentage play at the end of games and in particular why we finished this game with no interior defense-maddening !!!!)
Great Post season is not over but the margin for error gets thinner and thinner . Their leading scorer was out in my CYO opinion we have better talent than Dayton before that. There is enough talent on this team to get to the NCAA's still. Hurley changed his coaching demeanor for the better. Now it's time for some big game preparation or coaching changes to win big games. The talents there and it's his talent so I'm not a Dan hater. I want Hurley to succeed but some things need to be tweaked for big games.

REVERSE THE CURSE!

GO RHODY!
Last edited by brady1 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
I'm sure that wasn't the game plan, but you'd think they'd make more of a concerted effort to get him looks. Regardless, I don't think that's the reason we lost, and if a play or two go the other way then we aren't talking about it.
Fair enough. I would have liked it if he shot more and certainly would have liked it if he took the last shot. Hat tip to Miller, he made us try to win with other options and we didn't get the job done.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:57, we were playing 4 guards and KI isn't known for defense........

We were winning the game with the bigs on the court. It would be crazy to take them off, watch Dayton go on an 11-0 run, lose the lead, then struggle to stop them down the stretch and voluntarily keep your most important player on the bench. I don't believe that.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I think Dan thought Hassan was hurting and not moving well....if he thought Hassan was OK then my guess is he would have played him at the end....

Like you said, if Dan pulled a Baron move like what happened at Creighton in the NIT game, then Dan should be seriously questioned.

We should have had Cyril in there along with JT, EC, KI, and Stan........we would have won this game. And we wouldn't have needed a last gasp shot to win it either.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I agree with most everything you just posted rambone. I won't go so far as to say we would have won if Cyril played more, but I tend to think we probably would have.
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Same old, same old. Can't win a game against a good team. In my opinion, the team played like dog dookie in the second half of the game. They looked a bit sloppy, in disarray at times, and made some really poor decisions. The officials weren't great either. There were glimmers of life and a nice outside shot by E.C., but that was it (in the 2nd half).
I am still not convinced this team is worthy of the NCAA Tournament. Hope they improve. Hoping for the best.
Garett for the lay up???...with 12 seconds left...come on now.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

where's Marquis Jones when you need him???!?!
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
jasonmiller88
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by jasonmiller88 »

Last year we went into Dayton to win. we took it to them right away. had a slip up towards the end but finished the game by controlling the ball and hitting free throws. didnt see that attitude nor bball iq tonight
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:If they have to shut down Hassan, the season is over. I'm waiting for Ramster's positive spin for this game.
Ok, here you go :D :D

The Good:
- Kuran Iverson: 2nd double-double of the year and both have been in the biggest games of the year. 14 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks, 6-12 FG, 1-2 threes, 1-1 FT. Against Cincy 15 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 5-10 FG, 5-6 FTs. And this is a guy several have called for removing from the starting line up :roll: :roll: He was dominant!! The next highest guy in rebounds was Mikesell with 7. 1 very questionable offensive foul right in front of DH when KI got called for holding Pollard away while he was trying to control the ball - amazed DH held it together on that one late in 2nd half.

- EC Mathews - 2nd Half of game: Finished with 4-9 FG, 3-6 threes, 2 assists. All 13 of his points came in the 2nd half. With 59 seconds to go EC hit a clutch 3 to get URI within 1 point (62-63) assisted by Iverson. After a Pollard layup, EC found Iverson with 19 seconds to go with a nice assist from the FT line to a "rolling to the hoop" Iverson to get score within 1 point again (64-65). Clutch shooting and passing from these two guys in the last minute of the game.

- Hassan Martin - 1st half of game: 3-5 FG, 5 rebounds, 2 nice assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 0 TOs, 7 points. Good, steady play against a strong team. Good leadership.

- Stanford Robinson - 3-8 FG, 2-4 threes, 5-5 FTs were very clutch FTs in such a big game amid a hostile, loud crowd. 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, only 1 TO and 13 points in 24 minutes. He played tough, scrappy defense as always. His 6'4" frame helps him shut down his opponent. Needs more playing time, if not a starting position

- Jeff Dowtin - 2-3 FG, 1-1 three, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 1 steal 1 TO for 5 points in 13 minutes. 3 fouls but 1 foul in the late second half was very questionable offensive foul. Showed poise and confidence. Can be seen wanting the ball, directing players to spots, clearly wanting to win the game, a lot of poise for a freshman and this against the top team in the A10 in front of 14,000 fans. Needs more playing time.

- Dan Hurley - Bench behavior was in control all game even with one of his historical nemesis reffing the game. Archie Miller was having more run ins with the Refs and sweating at game end.

Not so good:
- Jared Terrell - Only 1 rebound and 7 points in 31 minutes. 4 TOs was tied for game high along with Iverson and Garrett :( :( 2 nice assists. Only 2-5 FG. Seemed to struggle to get open, passed up some open shots.

- EC Mathews - 1st Half of game: EC only had 1 rebound in the game. Need more rebounds in a 3-4 guard line up. No points in 1st half.

- Jarvis Garrett - 4 TOs, 1-6 FG, 1-5 threes, 4 assists, 7 points in 31 minutes. Tough night on defense. Smith hit 8-13 FH, many on layups, game high 6 assists, game high 4 steals, only 1 TO and only 1 PF for a season high 21 points. Late in 2nd half Archie Miller spread the floor putting the other 4 guys in a 4 corners and letting Smith take Garrett one on one. Pretty obvious what Miller was doing with Smith on isolation with Garrett. I thought DH should have put Robinson on Smith more. Would have been good to have had Thompson available too to try to control Smith.

- Cyril Langevine - picked up 3 fouls in 8 minutes, No rebounds, 1 assist, 1 TO and no points.

Summary:
I have been saying for a month or more that this team passes the ball better with Robinson and Dowtin in the game together. This game was no exception. Passed pretty well in the 1st half but the 2nd half our starting 3 guards went more to the dribble, especially Garrett. You can dribble against most teams in the A10 but NOT vs the defense of Dayton and VCU. Both teams play excellent defense and they will trap you and steal the ball if you go to dribbling. Iverson, Garrett and Terrell experienced those quick hands and each had 4 TOs. For sure this will show in the game tape reviews in practice. Need to learn from this.

We lost by 3, which was the point spread. Not bad, not good, just exactly as expected by the odds. To the extent we are learning our strengths and weaknesses early in the A10 season is good. Now DH needs to make adjustments. This should include modifications in the distribution of minutes, For sure more minutes to Robinson and Dowtin, and maybe at some point a starting slot for one or both.

This is a game that Christion Thompson could have helped in both defensively and offensively - we missed him tonight. Also having HM the whole game would have obviously helped. Of course Dayton's best player, Charles Cooke, was not able to go.

We still look like 2nd best team in A10, if not the best - will know for sure Friday February 10. 15 more Conference Games to go.
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow has Jarvis Garrett regressed or what ?? He was horrible tonight and it killed us. He is undersized and lacks talent. His minutes need to be cut big time.

I absolutely love Jeff Dowtins game he absolutely needs more minutes love the way he moves the ball and a high hoop

Hats off to KI played a great overall game we are not in that game if it weren't for him
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

What did they run for him?
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

If they are denying JT good looks, where are the counter measures? Surely there are plans for getting your best players shots based on different defenses...no?

I would also assume that we have a few plays based on the fact that its a one possession game with no timeouts...or is the play whoever gets the inbounds race to the bucket and force up a shot? I would assume since the offense is in front of the bench during the second half of away games, that Dan should be able to better run that, to offset his inability to run our second half defense... which means he should have been able to communicate a last possession play. Or the players are tuning him out, since he hasn't proven to them or anyone else that he knows what he's talking about when the game is on the line.

More ammo for the Baron 2.0 thread...
Last edited by RIFan 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

We lose a game... "Lost opportunity." "Not a bad loss." "Great program." "Blah blah blah critical this and critical that."

You are what your record says you are. I hope they win out this month or something. If they can't deliver this year, the least they can do is get our hopes up and let us down a few more times.

Go Rhody.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry