THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST. JOES

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST. JOES

Unread post by luke »

The line is URI - 11 1/2. Just seems like a big number again, but as we know
St. Joes is much better at home, so maybe it is a good number. I hope so
because they just beat GW and if URI is that much better than GW and St. Joes
maybe they can sweep through most of the A10. I was glad to see Richmond beat
Davidson at Davidson. That could bode well for The Rams too. And VCU was most
unimpressive at George Mason. Dayton hasn't looked that good either.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST. JOES

Unread post by luke »

Forgot to mention Newkirk for SJU and Martin for URI officially listed as out for
this game. Have to have Hassan back and near 100% for Dayton Friday night.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Newkirk is out for the season
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

luke wrote:Forgot to mention Newkirk for SJU and Martin for URI officially listed as out for
this game. Have to have Hassan back and near 100% for Dayton Friday night.
I'd say 'back' is questionable and 100% would seem to be pretty much off the table?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It's a shame, Hassan was having a great senior season........this injury is the type that lingers ......who knows when he'll play again?

If we have any hope of making the tourney, he has to come back and soon.......I wonder if they are waiting to see if he CAN come back at close to full strength...if not.....next year? If he plays one more game....I don't know if he would be eligible for a medical waiver......
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So, this morning it was reported that Hassan would be a game time decision. Now he is listed as out? What happened?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

With all the injuries last year and this year, I think the trainer should be on his way out.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

He could have reaggravated the injury.......if so, not good......need an update from someone who knows.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

I have to think a bookmaking website saying Hass is out is less reliable than two local journalists who were at practice today and tweeted he was a game time decision.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yes, please lets not get carried away now because he is listed as out by some offshore bookmaking site.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

theblueram wrote:With all the injuries last year and this year, I think the trainer should be on his way out.
MIke Montiero was the long serving head trainer and was moved to football after last season. Daniel Anthony took over this year.

Don't think it's the training staff.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Luke said Martin was listed as out before the St. Louis game and never said where he saw it when I asked him to confirm. Hassan was in uniform before that game but didn't play. As of earlier today Hurley says Martin and Thompson are game time decisions. I still don't know where Luke is getting his information from.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote:It's a shame, Hassan was having a great senior season........this injury is the type that lingers ......who knows when he'll play again?

If we have any hope of making the tourney, he has to come back and soon.......I wonder if they are waiting to see if he CAN come back at close to full strength...if not.....next year? If he plays one more game....I don't know if he would be eligible for a medical waiver......
This doesn't sound like a season ending injury. He's day to day (aren't we all?) and even suited up before the last game. It's hard to see him not coming back by Dayton at this point.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Luke said Martin was listed as out before the St. Louis game and never said where he saw it when I asked him to confirm. Hassan was in uniform before that game but didn't play. As of earlier today Hurley says Martin and Thompson are game time decisions. I still don't know where Luke is getting his information from.
My guess is its here, or some other site like it. If you go to the URI game both guys are listed out. They have no inside information, so definitely better to go with the local reports.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I want him and Chris sitting theyre both100%
Or maybe 95...
Still, Hass came back early from an injury last year and was never the same and then as we all know, ended up hurting himself enough to end his season early.
Always better to be cautious with injuries. I feel like they are doing that with him though, if he were a game time decision against SLU then he must be pretty darn close to 100%, so that suggests to me that they are being very caustious with him.
Last edited by PeterRamTime 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes I would think Hass would be getting close to going
0 x