Non-Conference Grades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Non-Conference Grades

Unread post by section(105) »

......crickets?.....I am beginning to think the so called casual fan doesn't exist......there us hoops addicts and then everyone else......they don 't give a crap about Rhody hoops.....fill the RC on regular basis?....I am thinking not.....
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Sorry, but the truth is,
if we don't beat PC, the casual fans in this state,
couldn't care less about URI basketball.
I told that to Dan a few years ago, and he looked at me like I was nuts.
It's a fact. That's the only time we get respect from
general media and fans on the fence.
4 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Nobody to blame but themselves for the lack of enthusiasm. They had it right there in their hands, and they let it slip away - three times in about a week, but the worst one was Providence because of what Rod said.

As RoadyJay illustrated clearly in Obadiah's "conference road ahead" thread, the season is a long way from over and there is certainly a good chance we look back at the frustration felt during this part of the season with mild amusement. But the opportunity to seize momentum in terms of the fan enthusiasm is more or less passed for this season unless and until we get our ticket punched on Selection Sunday.

The fact is that that the regular fan base's enthusiasm might go up measurably if we win at Dayton, but for the average guy on the street in Rhode Island that won't really register at all. The way to register with that guy is to beat Providence, and that should have happened but didn't. I don't have to like that about the average guy on the street, but I have to acknowledge that it's true. And it's also true that, from my perspective, losing to Providence this season is completely inexcusable and it reduces my patience for hearing fans or anyone else associated with the program bitch about support or attendance to zero.
Last edited by TruePoint 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

TruePoint wrote:Nobody to blame but themselves for the lack of enthusiasm. They had it right there in their hands, and they let it slip away - three times in about a week, but the worst one was Providence because of what Rod said.

As RoadyJay illustrated clearly in Obadiah's "conference road ahead" thread, the season is a long way from over and there is certainly a good chance we look back at the frustration felt during this part of the season with mild amusement. But the opportunity to seize momentum in terms of the fan enthusiasm is more or less passed for this season unless and until we get our ticket punched on Selection Sunday.

The fact is that that the regular fan base's enthusiasm might go up measurably if we win at Dayton, but for the average guy on the street in Rhode Island that won't really register at all. The way to register with that guy is to beat Providence, and that should have happened but didn't. I don't have to like that about the average guy on the street, but I have to acknowledge that it's true. And it's also true that, from my perspective, losing to Providence this season is completely inexcusable and it reduces my patience for hearing fans or anyone else associated with the program bitch about support or attendance to zero.
This.

for casual fans, the 1-3 stretch is nothing more than 'same ol Rhody' for them. That was the chance to change the image and prove things have changed.

that stretch also should prohibit anyone associated with the program from complaining about attendance figures for the rest of this season. The fans were coming out early in the OOC before that, and the 1-3 stretch killed that momentum. Hopefully the students still come out after break
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

"Win and they will come."

We haven't won this year.

They (the causal fan) won't come this year.

Simple as that.
Last edited by Rhody15 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

OK hrstrat57 bottom line time....

I find Rod's report that our HC doesn't understand the PC matchup history shocking and very disappointing.

Taking out of consideration the personal pain I feel as an alumni losing to Providence ( especially the last 2 losses) the true fact of the matter is winning those games could have paid the staff salary via additional revenue generated by ticket sales alone.

Not just about c r i c k e t s.....

It's about $$$$ !!

Our potential to sustain excellence here is greatly enhanced with hundreds of thousands of $$ of additional revenue.

Not good folks, not good at all.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

And, it's not just the casual fan who loses interest when we lose to PC every year.
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Ed Cooley gets it, because he's that rare guy
who's been on both benches.
The PC game is more than just bragging rights.
It's about interest by the casual R.I. basketball fan.
Those fans who've shown up to the VCU, Dayton,
St. Joe's, Valpo, Davidson,et al, and watched us lose games that
were winnable, that we just didn't finish,
Almost without exception, any time we've gotten a good crowd
at the Ryan Center, they go home disappointed.
Want fannies in the seats? Win these games.
Winning cures everything.
1 x
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

To me, getting the local media or the so called casual fan to come on board won't make much of an impact in terms of buildings a program. It's the die hards and the students but beating PC still is big with those two groups. We have 2200+ students who are within walking distance to the ryan center. Have to win to get them there. (Moving their seats wouldn't hurt either. Behind the basket is the worst spot.)
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unfortunately students in the seats is awesome for college BB atmosphere but doesn't pay the bills or the $1m + salary this coaching staff is gonna cost next year.

4K seats or less paid for is going to be a problem sooner or later.....

Students should be behind the V bench 100% agreed... and if we"re winning behind the hoops too!
Last edited by hrstrat57 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

I am not familiar with how much revenue is generated from paid tickets versus NCAA and conference money versus big donors. But I would think winning increases NCAA / conference money and donations even if paid ticket sales do not increase. And getting the students to the game gives us the best chance to win. Plus they are potential big donors. They're worth the investment unlike casual fans who only come when we beat PC.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Especially since student fees have been used to pay for one third of the Ryan Center. Those aren't free tickets, the students have been paying for them all along, they just do it in their term bill as opposed to at the box office.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

URI2006_Andy wrote:I am not familiar with how much revenue is generated from paid tickets versus NCAA and conference money versus big donors. But I would think winning increases NCAA / conference money and donations even if paid ticket sales do not increase. And getting the students to the game gives us the best chance to win. Plus they are potential big donors. They're worth the investment unlike casual fans who only come when we beat PC.
It's winning that is the most important thing. As a former rabid, rude student myself nothing gives you more help than a lot of frantic students. I felt at times in the 70's we were up 8 or 9 to 0 before the ball went up...the 87-88 seasons felt the same.

Win - and freakin beat friartown!!!!!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I hate PC as much or more than anyone on this board but since last year when the great One, Ed Cooley, proclaimed the URI - PC game to not be a rivalry I have concerned myself less with this particular game. PROJO writers make it a huge deal. Bill Reynolds yearns every year to go back to 2 PC-URI games per year which will never, ever happen - just wasting print.
Cooley said to be considered a rivalry you must play the opponent twice per year. His logic escaped me then, still does, but if the great one doesn't think of URI-PC as a rivalry then why should I?
Truthfully I think I personally have gotten way too caught up in this game over the years. I am backing off of its importance compared to the past.
If we had won maybe more fans in the Ryan Center, I don't know.
I hate the team but I refuse to let what EC calls out as not a rivalry consume me. Maybe he can strike up a home and home annual series with Boston College to establish a rivalry as only he describes it. Has to be two games per year.

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/coach-co ... -a-rivalry
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

ramster wrote:I hate PC as much or more than anyone on this board but since last year when the great One, Ed Cooley, proclaimed the URI - PC game to not be a rivalry I have concerned myself less with this particular game. PROJO writers make it a huge deal. Bill Reynolds yearns every year to go back to 2 PC-URI games per year which will never, ever happen - just wasting print.
Cooley said to be considered a rivalry you must play the opponent twice per year. His logic escaped me then, still does, but if the great one doesn't think of URI-PC as a rivalry then why should I?
Truthfully I think I personally have gotten way too caught up in this game over the years. I am backing off of its importance compared to the past.
I hate the team but I refuse to let what EC calls out as not a rivalry consume me. Maybe he can strike up a home and home annual series with Boston College to establish a rivalry as only he describes it. Has to be two games per year.

Even more important motivation to crush them.

Like bugs. Sounds like your trying hard to not be as upset as the rest of us. It's not workin but nice attempt.

Friartown yuck.....
Last edited by hrstrat57 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

D

You could obviously argue for a C-, but we blew three games that should have been nice wins, didn't really play a complete 40 minute game once against a top-200 team, and we're not ranked any longer. In fact, if the committee had to decide now, right this red hot minute...my money says we host an NIT game. This was supposed to be the greatest Ram team ever, but so far they have not impressed, and don't tell me it's Hass' muscle's fault...
2 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Only some who are newbies, or never saw a basketball game in their lives,
could ever call this team,"The greatest URI team ever".
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

My God. Greatest Ram team ever? Who said that? This team isn't even as good as Baron's best teams....what a load of bull.....

Led by what, the Greatest Rhody Coach ever? Another crock.......
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

rambone 78 wrote:My God. Greatest Ram team ever? Who said that? This team isn't even as good as Baron's best teams....what a load of bull.....

The majority of participants predicted 6 or fewer losses.
People were talking about a top 4 seed (15 ranking) preseason.
There has never been hype like this in Kingston.
Harrick had hype, but not like this.
The 78 team and the Keaney teams were the greatest, but were they on ESPN.com every day in the offseason?
This was supposed to be THE YEAR!!!
It might still be, but they're gonna hafta play a bit better and coach a bit better over the next 2 months.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

rr, those teams weren't predicted to do what they did....they were late bloomers......at least the 78 and 98 teams were......I don't think anybody thought we'd be an Elite Eight team before the 98 season.......

It's never good, when it comes to Rhody BB, to put the cart before the horse.....assume nothing......I'd much rather be surprised in a good way, then the other way around....

This team this year had what, EC returning from an injury, plus unproven freshmen coming in, as additions to a group that was rather underwhelming last year...injuries or not.....and has a coach who hasn't proven a thing on the court thus far....

So THIS group is a 5 or 6 seed? Nope.

I should add, I left out SR...he might be the one guy who's exceeded expectations on this entire team so far....good thing.
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I think people figured Garrett and Terrell, who had very solid years last season,
would progress and blend with EC, forming the base of the offense.
Martin is a proven player.
The wild card was Iverson. People figured he' could put it all together
and realize his potential.
So, any contribution from bench players and newcomers would be gravy.
Well, EC's presence has depressed the gains Garrett and Terrell made last year.
He's also not been the player he was prior to his injury.
He could get better, but can he make anyone around him better?
An open question.
Iverson plays well when he's in the game, generally, but when is he
not in foul trouble?
I hope Martin comes back at 80-100% and stays that way.
Langevine has been a big plus in rebounding and putbacks.
Not a good passer, and not much of a post game.
Lots of time to improve.
I recall back in Tom Carmody's second season, when we
became "Transfer Tech".
Bunch of highly rated transfers plus the great Steve Rowell.
Many picked URI as a top team in the East.
Never came close. Could not play together at all.
You can look great on paper, but guys have to blend,
and make each other better.
Can Dan pull it all together and save the season,
and live up to the hype?
It remains to be seen.
Most on this board have never seen an NCAA team.
Nothing quite matches the excitement and anticipation of
an NCAA appearance.
I hope we all get to enjoy that experience this season.
Last edited by rodfromcranston 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

rodfromcranston wrote:I think people figured Garrett and Terrell, who had very solid years last season,
would progress and blend with EC, forming the base of the offense.
Martin is a proven player.
The wild card was Iverson. People figured he' could put it all together
and realize his potential.
So, any contribution from bench players and newcomers would be gravy.
Well, EC's presence has depressed the gains Garrett and Terrell made last year.
He's also not been the player he was prior to his injury.
He could get better, but can he make anyone around him better?
An open question.
Iverson plays well when he's in the game, generally, but when is he
not in foul trouble?
I hope Martin comes back at 80-100% and stays that way.
Langevine has been a big plus in rebounding and putbacks.
Not a good passer, and not much of a post game.
Lots of time to improve.
I recall back in Tom Carmody's second season, when we
became "Transfer Tech".
Bunch of highly rated transfers plus the great Steve Rowell.
Many picked URI as a top team in the East.
Never came close. Could not play together at all.
You can look great on paper, but guys have to blend,
and make each other better.
Can Dan pull it all together and save the season,
and live up to the hype?
It remains to be seen.
Most on this board have never seen an NCAA team.
Nothing quite matches the excitement and anticipation of
an NCAA appearance.
I hope we all get to enjoy that experience this season.
As up and down as those guards have played, if the role players didn't shoot the team in the foot things would be better. Iverson couldn't stop Houston's Bahamian center or the star of Valpo down the stretch.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

hrstrat57 wrote:
ramster wrote:I hate PC as much or more than anyone on this board but since last year when the great One, Ed Cooley, proclaimed the URI - PC game to not be a rivalry I have concerned myself less with this particular game. PROJO writers make it a huge deal. Bill Reynolds yearns every year to go back to 2 PC-URI games per year which will never, ever happen - just wasting print.

Even more important motivation to crush them.

Like bugs. Sounds like your trying hard to not be as upset as the rest of us. It's not workin but nice attempt.

Friartown yuck.....
Maybe so. But I think there is a tendency to over rate the importance of this game and I am guilty of that myself. I think rivalries with Dayton, VCU, UMASS (because of geography) , Davidson, that are typically home and home during the Conference Play are important.
I think the Conference Play and then the Conference Tournament are crucial to post season play - you MUST come in Top 3 or 4 at worst to make the NCAA Tournament. OOC gets a lot of discussion, I think gets over rated probably because it is when fans first see their teams play for the season, but the Conference Results are crucial.

PC-URI is just like a ton of in-state rivalries. It makes blood boil on both sides of the fence. But as Cooley says, it's not a rivalry unless you play Home and Home each year.........I'm going more in that direction. Let the Conference Play Begin!! GO RHODY!!!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

D rating.
Rhody is 1-4 against Top 100 teams.
I never understood the preseason ranking.
We were a below average team last year. We went 2-7 on the road in the A10.
Garrett and Terrell struggled on the road.
Magically adding EC back in after missing a year was going to make Rhody a top team????
Too many players that can't shoot.
EC's performance is way below anyone's expectations.
Iverson is a major dissapoint - I can't remember a 3rd year starter ever producing less in his Sr year.
Their defense is nowhere near two years ago.
Last edited by Rhody83 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

That's the spirit. If we can't win it, the game must not be important.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramfan85 wrote:That's the spirit. If we can't win it, the game must not be important.
I did not say that at all. The game is important. Your idol Ed Cooley said the game is not a rivalry, it is just another game - I provided the quote and video.

I think it is a rivalry, but is over rated when you have posters saying our Coach should be fired because he can't beat PC.

The game PC game is over. We lost. Move on. The season is not over. Back away from the cliff. Go to the games. Enjoy yourself. Cheer for the Rhody Rams.

And Guess what? - URI is the highest rated A10 Team in RPI with the OOC Schedule completed.

Life is too short to continuously mope, growl, whine, belittle those who remain hopeful, who think comparing DH to JB is insane and who want to see the season play out.

Personally I'm looking forward to the next 10 weeks with great excitement. I have let the PC loss go until next December.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Life is not too short, you CAN have it all. I choose to simultaneously mope/growl/whine (trying to dial back the belittling) AND look forward with excitement...although 'tempered' excitement these days as opposed to 'great' excitement. 8-)

Except, I will not mope about the 'state of the A10." I get that people have been bummed about the strength of the A10 this year...the way I see it is, the weaker the better. Be the best in your conference, beat up on everyone and you're likely in...
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote:My God. Greatest Ram team ever? Who said that? This team isn't even as good as Baron's best teams....what a load of bull.....

I have not seen that said anywhere. For sure you would have to play out the season and actual results can only determine the Greatest Ram Team ever.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote:
ramfan85 wrote:That's the spirit. If we can't win it, the game must not be important.
I did not say that at all. The game is important. Your idol Ed Cooley said the game is not a rivalry, it is just another game - I provided the quote and video.

I think it is a rivalry, but is over rated when you have posters saying our Coach should be fired because he can't beat PC.

The game PC game is over. We lost. Move on. The season is not over. Back away from the cliff. Go to the games. Enjoy yourself. Cheer for the Rhody Rams.

And Guess what? - URI is the highest rated A10 Team in RPI with the OOC Schedule completed.

Life is too short to continuously mope, growl, whine, belittle those who remain hopeful, who think comparing DH to JB is insane and who want to see the season play out.

Personally I'm looking forward to the next 10 weeks with great excitement. I have let the PC loss go until next December.

First of all, Cooley is NOT my idol. Have no idea where that came from.
Second, I'm nowhere near going over a cliff when we lose it. And, I've never suggested that Dan should be fired for losing this or any game.
But, this is an important game to us.

How long have we been going after PC fans for downplaying this game?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramfan85 wrote:
ramster wrote:

Second, I'm nowhere near going over a cliff when we lose it. And, I've never suggested that Dan should be fired for losing this or any game.

First of all, I NEVER said the game with PC was not important. Have no idea where that came from.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote:
ramfan85 wrote:
ramster wrote:

First of all, I NEVER said the game with PC was not important. Have no idea where that came from.
Guess we misunderstood each other's post. Peace.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramfan85 wrote:
ramster wrote:
ramfan85 wrote:

Guess we misunderstood each other's post. Peace.
Good with me too. GO RHODY!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Maybe magically KI can start doing something productive if not bring him off the pine
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Please don't hang your hat on the "highest rated A10 tean in RPI". There is no question that Dayton and VCU are rated ahead of Rhody in any polling right now.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhody83 wrote:Please don't hang your hat on the "highest rated A10 tean in RPI". There is no question that Dayton and VCU are rated ahead of Rhody in any polling right now.
By polling do you just mean top 25 voting? Because we are rated higher than VCU in KenPom ratings (and 5 spots behind Dayton).
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

For RPI see last year's Bonnies - how did that work out? They were 30th with a 3-1 record vs Top 25.
Rhody is 40th with a 1-4 record vs Top 100.
VCU is 44th with a 3-2 record vs Top 100 (two losses to Baylor (4) and Illinios (30))
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

What does it matter on December 29th?

If the field was picked today we're out imo.....

Play like we're capable of [for once] in the conference season, and we're in......

Good luck with that......
1 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Rhody83 wrote:For RPI see last year's Bonnies - how did that work out? They were 30th with a 3-1 record vs Top 25.
Rhody is 40th with a 1-4 record vs Top 100.
VCU is 44th with a 3-2 record vs Top 100 (two losses to Baylor (4) and Illinios (30))
It didnt work out well for the Bonnies but they were penalized for playing a weak non-conference schedule. They were also punished for a bad loss to La Salle towards the end of the season. They had an RPI of 250+. Finally, Bona's kenpom ranking was #88. kenpom rankings are carrying more weight in recent years.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

rambone 78 wrote:What does it matter on December 29th?

Play like we're capable of [for once] in the conference season, and we're in......

It matters because with a current RPI in the 40s and an expected RPI in the 30s at the end of the season means we still have a very solid chance of making the tourney.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RoadyJay wrote:

It matters because with a current RPI in the 40s and an expected RPI in the 30s at the end of the season means we still have a very solid chance of making the tourney.
Is 'expected RPI' based on 'winning the games they are expected to win'? If so, gotta agree with RB...'cuz, I'm thinkin' there's been some challenges with that?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I love what's called "expected" RPI.....

Expected of what exactly? Us? Anybody seen us play lately?

I would, if I was a casual observer, "expect" us to not meet that "expected" RPI.

Actually I expect us to not meet it either. Assumes we will actually beat some good teams......

You assume nothing when you are a fan of Rhody hoops....you are "expected" to be disappointed.

And we do a good job of that.

We will either completely shock the shit out of a lot of us, and turn it around big time...or we will be out of it by February.....

That's my "expectation".....ya'll know which way I "expect" to go......
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
RoadyJay wrote:

Is 'expected RPI' based on 'winning the games they are expected to win'? If so, gotta agree with RB...'cuz, I'm thinkin' there's been some challenges with that?
No. It also factors in losing some number of games you should have won. So if you are a 51% favorite in each of the next 18 games it won't predict you will go 18-0. It will be closer to what you would expect, 9-9.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I agree that Kenpom is a better gauge. The A10 is down this year. In my opinion the conference's OOC performance validated that. Now all their games are in conference so they don't get a chance to reverse that. I only see two A10 teams getting a birth. So Rhody needs to finish in the top 2 and hope there isn't an underdog conference tourney winner.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

I know there has been a lot of talk that it's down but from what I understand the A10 conference is ranked 7th and that's pretty much where it's been in recent years.

I agree however that it's probably only a 2 bid league. I think we will be one of the two.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It's because the A10 currently has 9 teams projected to be top 100.......no standouts though......and I agree 2 bids is likely.....unless we wake the fuck up......we won't be one of them......
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes that's exactly the reason bone 9 teams top 100 helps move it to 7 overall even though the top 2 or 3 teams are really just average
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

It also means we are going to be playing a number of difficult road games against top 100 A10 teams. Hopefully we can step up. 14-4 would get us in, maybe 13-5, IMO, but the real question is, can we do that?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

While A10 is 7th in RPI again, it is far from the 6th conference and much closer to the 8th 9th and 10th conferences.

In previous strong years the A10 was comparable to the 6th ranked conference.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Door is open then...this was a ranked team coming in...if the conference really is that weak...they should blow through it....
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

UCH21377 wrote:It also means we are going to be playing a number of difficult road games against top 100 A10 teams. Hopefully we can step up. 14-4 would get us in, maybe 13-5, IMO, but the real question is, can we do that?
Still not quite buying 14-4 gets in without A10T wins. If you give Dayton and Davidson away as losses, then there is a single good win on the schedule. If you have them as wins, then you're adding four losses that might hurt. Just not enough meat on the schedule. So many moving parts that it's impossible to say on 1/1. But, that's a resume the committee generally doesn't like.
0 x