Game 12: William and Mary Thursday Dec 22 @7:00pm Ryan Center

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Game 12: William and Mary Thursday Dec 22 @7:00pm Ryan Center

Unread post by section(105) »

Langevine needs to learn and work on going straight up with offensive rebound, hold the ball high, do not dribble it, gather body and go right up for shot, don't let the little people swat it away.....his stationary dribble under the hoop does not get him into a closer shot....I am sure that is being worked on....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Post-game show is worth a listen for Dan Hurley's presser as well as Chris DiSano's segment with Steve and Don.

http://920whjj.iheart.com/media/play/27571838/
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Not getting comparing our assist/turnover ratio, against
a team that played pretty loose defense, to Virginia and UCLA's
season numbers.
It's like saying Langevine's 17 rebounds against W&M make him
better than anyone's rebound stats for the entire season.
Perspective. Look at who you played.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

JFrech21 wrote:One thing I can guarantee will be great in this game is the National Anthem (being sung by my cousin, a URI Nursing Student). Get there early!!
Flag.jpg
JFrech21,

Got there early in my seat as you suggested.
I thought your cousin was absolutely fantastic. She has a style all her own, she sang beautifully and she sang some parts of the National Anthem uniquely - like I have never heard that way before - wonderful. One of the best renditions of the National Anthem that I have ever heard at a URI Game - seriously.
I definitely think that she should do this again before she graduates
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Finished a top 25 OOC schedule at 8-4 with a top 25 win and no bad losses, with a one legged EC, hurt Hassan and Thompson, and undefeated at home....some missed opportunities ,but are we really doing that bad?
Last edited by Rhodymob05 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

brady1 wrote:Not ready to give up on Berry most of time he's in there with 4 guards it's a no win for him. Would like to see him play together with Hass should take a lot of the defense pressure off him. Wasn't he 2-3 tonight think friggin Jarvis was 2-11?

GO RHODY!
Berry looked good offensively but he had some defensive lapses against a team that he shouldn't have had defensive lapses against - they were not that fast or good inside.
When Berry came in and W&M threw the ball in under the basket Berry was badly beat for a very quick 2 points. I thought at that point Dan was going to take him out, but he left him in for a couple more minutes. Someone said he looked slower and I agree. Maybe heavier than last year? Seems slower to me too.
But your point of being in along with Martin has merit - Get Berry's offensive contributions and let Martin help him offset the defensive deficiencies.

Agree with 208 too though in that the clamoring for many more Berry minutes should have lost some momentum after tonight.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Section104 wrote:Rambone - glad you watched this one.

I know many don't read the details, but I'll give my thoughts anyways:

Positives:
We won without Martin and Thompson
9 steals
2.14 assist to turnover ratio - for comparison Virginia is #1 in country at 2.15 per game and UCLA #2 at 1.91
24 bench points
21-4 edge in points of turnovers
Langevine with 17 rebounds
Langevine, Dowtin, Robinson - all played well off the bench
EC scored and showed some streaks of having some burst - not as efficient as I'd like

Negatives:
Poor shooting - 25% from behind arc and 39% overall
Let them back into the game with bad 3 point defense
Jarvis was quiet
Iverson was bad
Berry was blah
We were aggressive in first half and settled for half court sets in the second
EC attacked early and settled for jump shots in the second
The officiating was...nevermind - not making excuses.

Martin being out is forcing this team to play differently. He was our leading scorer, leading defender, and a Sr. Leader. If there is a positive, it's that we've seen Langevine mature in his absence. I wonder if we'll see some Langevine and Martin combo lineups when he returns. Thompson is a role player, but I like what he brings with his length on D and his ability to stretch the zone.

I know I'm in the minority, but the key to me prior to Dayton (Holy Cross, W&M, STL) was just survive and advance. Get healthy. Get your leader back. Get some confidence (obviously hasn't happened yet) and hopefully take down a good Dayton team. We've taken care of the first two roadblocks and now head to STL with a chance to win one more without Hassan. He is the cornerstone to this team.

If we don't take care of business in his return then that's on us - and Hurley? Until then? Survive. Advance. Get healthy.

Ugly game, as they normally are, but a win without Hassan.

On to STL.
Agree your complete assessment 104, well done.

A couple additions:
Positives:
- The National Anthem was superbly done
- Nice to see Hassan Martin receive the academic award during the first half timeout
- Efficient shooting by the two back up guards Robinson and Dowtin going 8-14 on Field Goals between them. Displayed nice, smooth, confident shooting touches
- More ball movement with Robinson and Dowtin on the floor together - more creative passing, ball fakes, better penetration, more likely to make good things happen, tough defense provided. I find myself waiting for these two guys to be in the game together and feeling a bit down when the starters return to the floor.
- The aggressive, relentless pursuit of the basketball by Cyril - game high 17 rebounds
- 9 rebounds by EC to be the 2nd most rebounds for either team. Two nice put-backs from offensive rebounds
- 9 Steals to W&M only having 1 steal
- Not breaking during the late run by W&M. Granted it should not have gotten that close but this game could have been lost in the last 3 minutes.

Negatives:
- 4-20 on 3 pointers by our 3 starting guards. Quite a few of these shots were bricks or airballs - not really close. No "in and out" close misses.
- Inability of the 3 starting guards to effectively penetrate the W&M Zone
- Both EC and Jarvis had 2 on 1 breakaways that they chose to take the ball all the way by themselves without passing off to the open man. Both were stopped from scoring. They must pass the ball in situations like that.
- 3 starting guards must play better in conference play. If not, either Robinson, Dowtin or both should be considered for starting to shake things up
-
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote:Post-game show is worth a listen for Dan Hurley's presser as well as Chris DiSano's segment with Steve and Don.

http://920whjj.iheart.com/media/play/27571838/
Thanks for posting ATP
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I would like to see Cyril keep starting once Hass comes back and send KI to the bench

Did what we needed to do to get to 8-4 now let's get Hass and CT healthy and win this conf reg season it's there for the taking
1 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Thought we looked a little better on offense tonight. Better flow, decision making seemed a bit better, less forced shots. W&M looked okay too.

Rhodymob05 wrote:Finished a top 25 OOC schedule at 8-4 with a top 25 win and no bad losses, with a one legged EC, hurt Hassan and Thompson, and undefeated at home....some missed opportunities ,but are we really doing that bad?
This is important, I fully believe we are still in a good position to get an NCAA birth because we have no "bad" losses, if we can cut through the conference like a hot knife through butter, we're in. I also think we need to split with Dayton.

And I will be grateful if we do, but unless we make a run in the tourney, I personally won't be satisfied by this season. We had an excellent chance to be top 25 all season and blew it, even if we could have pulled off just one of those road games we'd probably at least be getting votes right now.

Of course Berry's very first action tonight was to miss an assignment and allow an easy inbounds play layup, I still stand by my assessment of his potential impact though, he absolutely and it's not even close, has the best hands of our forwards.

Also, I can tell by his comments when Berry gets in that Don Kaull likes him and that's good enough for me.
Last edited by Running Ram 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Missing 2 players, including our best, to injury and we come out of the toughest OOC schedule that we've played sincell 1999 8-4. No bad losses. 1 great win.

Won by double digits. Wasn't happy that we blew an 18 point lead...but happy that we closed it on a high and got it back to 11 after it looked bleak. Certainly not playing to our potential but getting wins, so that is comforting.

I'm a little confused...in the dumbest thread on this board I'm seeing a lot of "we are who our record says we are, etc" talk...so do we get to be happy with the win or not?
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We're happy that it's a win, BM, but the quality of the opponent gives us reason to pause.....

Agree with those who say SR and Dowtin should play more and together.......Idk what's up with JG.....Terrell isn't the same guy with EC on the floor.....

Our shooting is a hot mess......
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Dowtin with easily his best game all year, finally looked comfortable and confident when he was out there. Hopefully he continues to get better.

Cyril was also a monster on the glass.

How badly has Kuran regressed this year? It's pretty sad.

Rest up, get healthy, and get ready for St Louis.
0 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I think it was said that Hass might play some against St. Louis.....guess we'll know more after Monday's update.....

I would think they should hold him out until at least St' Joe's.....CT?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Take a good look at the A10 schedule and assuming Hassan is back soon, they're ALL winnable so let's run the tableeeee and Merry Christmas!
0 x
GO RAMS
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We are what we are right now....a VERY heavy guard oriented team without Hassan.....95% of our scoring from guards, basically nothing from our forwards and centers.....and if we can't shoot it from 3, we're in big trouble against better teams.....

Extremely unbalanced......I can see why we struggle.....if this team has ANY chance to Dance, Hassan must be close to 100% the rest of the season.....or else we have our 10,000th excuse as to why we miss out again......
2 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Yes, we're just wonderful.
Can't beat PC during a rebuilding year for them, got drilled by Duke.
Can't put away crap teams on the schedule.
Can't win on the road.
Offense is stagnant, defense is spotty.
Our guards can't play together.
The number one recruit has played 9 garbage time minutes,
and hasn't gotten off the bench in over a month.
Our only inside scoring threat won't be at 100% all year.
But, hey! We beat Cincy! The new battle cry.
Suddenly, they're gonna run the table, though!
Just wave those pom pom, boys!
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Not getting comparing our assist/turnover ratio, against
a team that played pretty loose defense, to Virginia and UCLA's
season numbers.
It's like saying Langevine's 17 rebounds against W&M make him
better than anyone's rebound stats for the entire season.
Perspective. Look at who you played.
Of course look at who you played. I had to look it up myself because I wanted to see if that number was great, average, or below average. When I noticed #1 in the country was 2.14 and #2 was sub 2 I realized we did a pretty good job in this game and thought it should be highlighted. It's been a struggle point for this team in the past so I think worthy of praising when it's above average.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote:I may put a small wager on Billy Mary +10.5
Ouch, lost by 1/2 a point
Good thing it was small. Betting against URI? at least when you lose you can be happy we won. :D
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Too much hero ball at times.
EC hates to give it up. You just know when he starts pounding the
ball into the floor, he's going to shoot.
Terrell has higher shooting percentages than EC in
FGs,3 pointers and free throws.
He also has less turnovers, twice as many steals and more assists.
EC's only edge is rebounds.
Speaking of stats, in 93 minutes of play this year,
Dowtin has ONE assist!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Anytime you give up a 15 point run to a 240 RPI team at home, you've got issues.....and this team has issues...

I think Rod, I, and others have got a pretty good handle on what they are.....

A lot of it is on the coach, but the players have to share the blame also.....

Dan's unbalanced recruiting is also a contributing reason we're in this mess too.....

We are simply not that good....bottom line...and some here are either unwilling or unable to accept that fact....it's been 4 years plus 12 games into this season, and the basic issues are still there.

Yes Hassan returning will help...but it's not going to be the only answer we need.

Does anybody think we'll blow out St. Louis? On the road? Anybody else? Dream on.....We'll probably eke out a 55-50 poopfest...with apologies to Richard Sherman....

reef, happy we won...against a stiff....and struggled big time to get it.
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

ramster wrote:
JFrech21 wrote:One thing I can guarantee will be great in this game is the National Anthem (being sung by my cousin, a URI Nursing Student). Get there early!!
Flag.jpg
JFrech21,

Got there early in my seat as you suggested.
I thought your cousin was absolutely fantastic. She has a style all her own, she sang beautifully and she sang some parts of the National Anthem uniquely - like I have never heard that way before - wonderful. One of the best renditions of the National Anthem that I have ever heard at a URI Game - seriously.
I definitely think that she should do this again before she graduates

Ramster, that's great to hear. I did get to see her sing at a game last year and I thought the same thing. I think she will also be singing at the Greek sponsored game this year, whichever game that is. Thanks for the review.

I watched the feed of the first half and listened to the 2nd half. My biggest disappointment not only last night but all season has been Jarvis. I thought he was going to be able to take over games this year if he was hitting the outside shot and then penetrating and dishing. That has not been the case. Hope that changes as the season goes on. Martin coming back should help everybody (biggest understatement of all time).
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

reef wrote:I would like to see Cyril keep starting once Hass comes back and send KI to the bench

Did what we needed to do to get to 8-4 now let's get Hass and CT healthy and win this conf reg season it's there for the taking
Reef - hope things are still going well in Vegas..

I totally agree with this..

Cyril/Hassan would be a force to contend with down low

then KI could be a very good energy/6th man guy off the bench
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

reef wrote:I would like to see Cyril keep starting once Hass comes back and send KI to the bench

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rodfromcranston wrote:Too much hero ball at times.
EC hates to give it up. You just know when he starts pounding the
ball into the floor, he's going to shoot.
Terrell has higher shooting percentages than EC in
FGs,3 pointers and free throws.
He also has less turnovers, twice as many steals and more assists.
EC's only edge is rebounds.
Speaking of stats, in 93 minutes of play this year,
Dowtin has ONE assist!
Agree with those stats and observations.

The guard play has much room for improvement and if it doesn't making the NCAA's will be unlikely. Our guard play was supposed to be a strength of this year's team and there is plenty of room for improvement.

The ball moves better with Robinson and Dowtin in the game to my eyes. Dowtin may have only 1 assist but when Robinson, Dowtin and Akele/Terrell in there is more ball movement, less dribbling, more player movement without the ball, more lane penetration against the zone. With EC, JG and JT in the game the ball moves around the perimeter and frequently we are struggling to get a shot off to beat the clock.

Robinson, Dowtin and Terrell (and Akele) seem to make things happen in a positive way.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Dowtin will never play the point by the looks of it. He is a 2 guard. Looks like a scorer to me. Rod his instincts don't look too bad so I'm hopeful the assists will come with experience. But a point guard? Don't think so.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Ramster agree with you too. There best two halfs were Cinci second half and ODU first half. Who was playing during those two? Robinson. There's just something not quite right with the EC/Terell/Garrett combo.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Russell coming in next year for PG play. Robinson has been assuming the PG when JG is out with Dowtin going to the side or SG position.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

UCH21377 wrote:Ramster agree with you too. There best two halfs were Cinci second half and ODU first half. Who was playing during those two? Robinson. There's just something not quite right with the EC/Terell/Garrett combo.
Robinson looked like the only player willing to drive and then pass once he penetrated
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodysurf wrote:
UCH21377 wrote:Ramster agree with you too. There best two halfs were Cinci second half and ODU first half. Who was playing during those two? Robinson. There's just something not quite right with the EC/Terell/Garrett combo.
Robinson looked like the only player willing to drive and then pass once he penetrated
Agree. And this has not been the only game that this has been the case. There have been others.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote:Russell coming in next year for PG play. Robinson has been assuming the PG when JG is out with Dowtin going to the side or SG position.

I know Ramster but Dowtin was touted as a point/combo guard; first guy off bench; great court awareness etc. Looks to me like he has more of a scorer's mentality. Which is fine we always need that too.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Dowtin will most likely end up a 2 guard down the road, with Fatts as PG.........but that's for another time.

A "pass first" PG is sorely needed......see the floor type....hopefully Fatts will be that guy......

Right now, SR is the only one who fits that bill....you guys are right.....
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

rambone 78 wrote: Dan's unbalanced recruiting is also a contributing reason we're in this mess too.....
Can you explain what you mean here? I noticed on the other thread you pointed out we struggle to recruit big men who play and contribute immediately, to which I replied every program outside the top 25-30 in the country have the same exact struggle.

I posed the question: what freshmen big man (not on Duke) that we've played this year or will see in our upcoming schedule would you prefer to Cyril?

In other recent recruiting we have brought in Akele, Thompson and Stan. I think Akele is performing well in his role player position and jury is still out on Thompson. I think he can be a solid 4 year player and take on a similar dynamic to what Stan is giving us this year. Stan has been a bright spot over the last few games.

This year: Cyril- performing admirably in place of Hassan. Tertsea - Redshirt. Layssard - jury still out. Dowtin- High praise from Hurley, solid contributions last game, playing behind a few talented veteran guards.

I know it's been said here before, but our recent ugly wins have been a result of inconsistent guard play from our core 3 guards. They've all shown brilliance throughout their career - we just need to see it more consistently and on occasion on the same night. Them working, or not working, together is more to blame (in my opinion) than "unbalanced recruiting". You can't get 4 stars to come to Rhode Island when we have what appears to be a very solid team on paper as-is.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ElmCityRhody wrote:

I don't anticipate that happening...has Dan ever made a change to the starting lineup for anything other than injury?
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Sorry, but unlike many here, I'm not ready to cast Jarvis Garrett aside.
He's the only pure PG on this team.
He was our best player last season.
He's taken FORTY TWO SHOTS LESS SHOTS THAN EC!
His assist to turnover ratio is by far the best on the team.
He has not played as well this year.
Why is that?
Robinson is not a PG. He's a nice role player, who's done
a nice job this year.
Terrell can play the point at times and doesn't hurt you, but
he needs to look for his own shot, more. PG doesn't call
for that in our system.
I agree with the comments about Dowtin being more of a 2 guard
than a point.
So, that means you have Terrell, EC, Thompson, Robinson,
and Dowtin as SGs.
Frontcourt scoring with Hassan out, and Iverson in constant foul trouble,
is very limited.
I see it as an odd roster, nearly solely guard dependent for scoring, at this time.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
ElmCityRhody wrote:

I don't anticipate that happening...has Dan ever made a change to the starting lineup for anything other than injury?
Yes, he has. As Freshmen EC, Hass, Jarvis had to earn their starting jobs after starting the season coming off the bench. When Hass returns, I could see him keeping Cyril in the starting line up if KI continues his inconsistent play.
Last edited by RoadyJay 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It is an odd, unbalanced roster. Did anyone notice, at one point in the second half, JT had the ball, foul line extended on the bench side...EC wide open in the corner, JT looked at him and went the other way. Told the guy next to me that he didn't want to pass it to EC because he was afraid he'd shoot it. Was great to see him at 20+, but hafta admit, was a pretty ugly shooting night.

It's interesting, too, how, lack of contribution from "the best player on the team" always surfaces. When EC's not playing (last year) or not playing well, he's the "best player"...and when Hass is out, he's the "best player." Thinking either one, when right and on "could" be the best player, but it seems to be when they are out that they get the label. For my money, JT has been the "best player" this year and it was his 3 point play with just over 1:00 to go that sealed the deal (much later than when they should have been sealed)...
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

I think best player and most import player are two different things. With the depth we have at guard position I think it's clear that Martin is the most important. Best player (when Martin was healthy) was probably between Terrell and Martin, but hard to compare the two given one is front court and one is backcourt.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RoadyJay wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
ElmCityRhody wrote:

Yes, he has. As Freshmen EC, Hass, Jarvis had to earn their starting jobs after starting the season coming off the bench. When Hass returns, I could see him keeping Cyril in the starting line up if KI continues his inconsistent play.

OK, am old and of limited memory...would be interesting to see Hass and Cyril in at the same time and we probably will, even if not starting. I still think KI needs to perform for this team to succeed though. Seems when things are going well (kinda been a while), he's a good passer from the foul line? And, that seems useful against zones...not sure Hass or CL can do that as well? (Feel free to call me crazy...)
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

UCH21377 wrote:Dowtin will never play the point by the looks of it. He is a 2 guard. Looks like a scorer to me. Rod his instincts don't look too bad so I'm hopeful the assists will come with experience. But a point guard? Don't think so.
At St John's College HS Jeff was the off guard. Jeff averaged about 16 ppg. Many times Jeff scored more points than Cowan
Jeff passes the ball well in the open court, sees the court well, high B-Ball IQ
Anthony Cowan was the PG. Cowan averaged about 20ppg,
St John's played in the toughest HS Basketball League in the US
St John's ranked as high at 7th Nationally in USA Today HS rankings

Anthony Cowan, Jeff's former running mate, is at Maryland
Maryland is 12-1, leads the Big 10, team ranked 15th in RPI, 28th in AP
Cowan has started all of the games for Maryland as a Freshman as the PG. He is averaging 10 ppg, 3rd highest on the team

DH said preseason that Cyril and Jeff were the furthest along and most impressive at this time among the new players. We have seen what that has meant for Cyril when he got the starting opportunity

Our 3 veteran Guards must play better as a group - I think nobody can argue that

To the extent that Robinson, Dowtin and Thompson can let these 3 starters here footsteps for either Playing Time Minutes or Starter Positions or both is a great thing.
Don't know who I would change out in the starting spots as yet, I have some ideas, but if we get off to a less then auspicious start in A10 Play, if I was the Head Coach, Starting Job or Jobs would change or at the very least Playing time minutes would change. They would have to. No choice. Hopefully the starters can pick up and begin playing the way an A10 Preseason Champion needs to play.
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I think KI was on the bench to start half number 2. Unless I'm wrong, that's something DH rarely if ever does.

EDIT: Nevermind. The sub was Akele at 18:12.
Last edited by rhodyrudder 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Was Iverson that bad last night to only get 13 minutes? He did get 11 and 9 last game against HC.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Was Iverson that bad last night to only get 13 minutes? He did get 11 and 9 last game against HC.
He was in foul trouble as usual in the first and on one of the first plays of the second half he lost his guy on defense for an easy layup and got pulled. So yeah he was pretty bad.
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

So, a senior gets pulled for making a mistake?
Wonderful.
Sorry, nobody plays well or with confidence,
while looking over their shoulder at the bench,
wondering when they'll get yanked.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
ElmCityRhody wrote:

Yes and anyone that's followed the team since Dan got here, especially in EC's/Hassan's/Jared's/Jarvis' freshman seasons would know that
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rodfromcranston wrote:So, a senior gets pulled for making a mistake?
Wonderful.
Sorry, nobody plays well or with confidence,
while looking over their shoulder at the bench,
wondering when they'll get yanked.
Unfortunately this was not an isolated incident with Iverson. He hasn't been playing well, other than a few spots here and there, for a while now in my opinion. It seems like most people want him out of the starting lineup, but now are also getting mad when he is taken out for playing badly. We have officially reached the point where there is no right decision for most people around here. Every single move is the wrong one.
2 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I said he'd be a great 6th man, and possibly cut down on his fouls.
I also said he has a lot of talent.
Unlike others who'd like him to just vanish, and say things on their Facebook pages,
and not on this forum.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

This team just doesn't pass the eyeball test...We have all seen NCAA teams and how they play and carry themselves...this team doesn't have "It". Every game is ugly and a struggle. Even when Hass returns his strength, conditioning and timing will most likely be impacted and this will take probably 3-4 weeks to get back, so his impact may be limited upon return.
1 x