Duquesne and Fordham

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: Duquesne and Fordham

Unread post by RF1 »

rambone 78 wrote:Dominating a lesser [read one bid] conference isn't anywhere as easy as it sounds......you are recruiting at a lower level....even if you win the conference tourney you are going to be a lower seed, likely a one and done....
I would however guess it would be more likely to have success on occasion and win the conference tournament so that you do not have 17 year stretches with no NCAA bid.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It might come down to....just what is a reasonable goal, given the resources available, for the URI hoops program?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

So we're seriously talking about eventually moving down to the America East? That's what's happening today?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:So we're seriously talking about eventually moving down to the America East? That's what's happening today?

Slow news day I guess.... :roll: :roll:
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:So we're seriously talking about eventually moving down to the America East? That's what's happening today?
I don't think they are necessarily limited to the American East. Sounds like the Conference that we would be most guaranteed an NCAA Bid - a single bid type league is what it sounds like they want to drop to..................
American?
Patriot?
Colonial?
Northeast?
MAAC?
MEAC?
MAC?

Those would be the most likely landing spots unless travel is not a priority
I assume they would want all sports to migrate to this new "magical" league, not just man's basketball, but not sure
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote:
I don't think they are necessarily limited to the American East. Sounds like the Conference that we would be most guaranteed an NCAA Bid - a single bid type league is what it sounds like they want to drop to..................
American?
Patriot?
Colonial?
Northeast?
MAAC?
MEAC?
MAC?

I assume they would want all sports to migrate to this new "magical" league, not just man's basketball, but not sure
When was the last time a D1 basketball team voluntarily moved DOWN a conference?

This discussion is preposterous. There is a 0% chance we actually move down.
0 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......well, the upside to this thread is at least it has not(yet) evolved into 2.0.....this post will self delete in seconds....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote:
ramster wrote:
American?
Patriot?
Colonial?
Northeast?
MAAC?
MEAC?
MAC?

When was the last time a D1 basketball team voluntarily moved DOWN a conference?

This discussion is preposterous. There is a 0% chance we actually move down.
Of course it is preposterous. It is preposterous that you would expect it to be anything but. This way it fits with the Baron 2.0.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

This thread was started to make the A-10 stronger and we should keep on focus there. Hoping to win a conference tournament every year no matter the conference is ridiculous. Anything can happen in college basketball on any game, that's why we love the sport so much.
0 x