More TV games.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Re: More TV games.

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Finally! This is good news, a decent start for a new local TV deal. Out-of-staters should rejoice too because this will probably mean the quality for the internet streams of these games will be MUCH higher than the goddawful video board feed (featuring the notorious hoop cam) they've been getting til now. Hope to see Abu back on TV for these games!
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Puck Frovidence wrote:Finally! This is good news, a decent start for a new local TV deal. Out-of-staters should rejoice too because this will probably mean the quality for the internet streams of these games will be MUCH higher than the goddawful video board feed (featuring the notorious hoop cam) they've been getting til now. Hope to see Abu back on TV for these games!
All it says is that they will air the Atlantic 10 network live stream. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that sounds like it's going to be the same stream we've been watching online but now you can watch it on tv.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

josephski wrote:
Puck Frovidence wrote:Finally! This is good news, a decent start for a new local TV deal. Out-of-staters should rejoice too because this will probably mean the quality for the internet streams of these games will be MUCH higher than the goddawful video board feed (featuring the notorious hoop cam) they've been getting til now. Hope to see Abu back on TV for these games!
All it says is that they will air the Atlantic 10 network live stream. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that sounds like it's going to be the same stream we've been watching online but now you can watch it on tv.
That's the way I read it too. Simply taking the A10 stream and putting it on your TV, in other words but a HDMI cable.
1 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Hmm, good catch joseph, I hope that's not the case or at least if it is MyRITV insists on sideline cam only.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Better late than never.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Please not that stupid beneath the basket camera angle.
When the ball goes above the free throw line,
you can't see anything.
Does anyone watch any of this?
The overhead view is far better.'Not getting
the love of the baseline shot, by whoever.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Maybe being on TV will get more people to complain about that camera angle and somebody will finally listen.
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

ramster wrote:
josephski wrote:
That's the way I read it too. Simply taking the A10 stream and putting it on your TV, in other words but a HDMI cable.
:o Oh god that would be awful, but I think it's unlikely. The existing online stream is not broadcast quality, and the program hasn't exactly shown a lot of confidence in it (no effort at stream specific ads, no stream specific halftime show, no shots of Steve and Don, and most of all that they're not charging for it). We'll see how it shakes out on Sunday but I have some experience in this area and I'd be stunned if what we see isn't at least a more polished in-house product, if not a completely different A10-branded experience.

EDIT: For an example of the A10 branded type thing I'm talking about, check out the G Dub game on right now GW vs UCF.
Last edited by Puck Frovidence 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

For this year, yes it will just be the A10 network stream. If people watch it, maybe we can do produce the games in partnership with the station and put better product on the air when the games aren't produced by a national network. Good to get the first step done.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah it 100% sounds like its just the stream being shown on TV.

"Beginning this Sunday, myRITV will provide a local television destination for Rhody men's basketball, airing the Atlantic 10 Network live stream of the game against Holy Cross."

I see no reason to expect it'll be anything different than the normal stream.
0 x