Desperation time??

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Desperation time??

Unread post by reef »

The @ Davidson game is the game I think we lose

I think we will split with VCU and Dayton

Then I think we lose 1 other game along way

7-3 rest of way 20-10 overall
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I think you're about right with that reef.

That won't get us a bid.....have to win the A10T then.

Some here might think getting to the final would be enough with that record....don't think so.
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

They have to win the A110 tourney to get in. Which is why they should rest Hass and get him healthy. The only chance to dance is to win the tourney so they might as well rest him and try to win it.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

So dumb to say that when it is not true.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Hass looked healthy and rested last night. Seemed more explosive to the basket than he has in a while. Made a note during the game to watch that throw down at around the 17:30 mark from dvr...was a thing of beauty. Altho...was good that the team's FT rate was way better than his dunk percentage. 8-)
1 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

don't know if it was mentioned in another thread, but last night Steve and Don mentioned analysts having us in the 69-72 range, I believe last four out. So jumping to the last four in is very much in play. What I don't understand is, if I'm not mistaken Steve mentioned Richmond as one of A10's three that analysts are putting in the field as of now? does that make sense? maybe I heard that wrong.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Running Ram wrote:don't know if it was mentioned in another thread, but last night Steve and Don mentioned analysts having us in the 69-72 range, I believe last four out. So jumping to the last four in is very much in play. What I don't understand is, if I'm not mistaken Steve mentioned Richmond as one of A10's three that analysts are putting in the field as of now? does that make sense? maybe I heard that wrong.
It's because they're in first place in the conference so they are assumed the conference champ, I believe.
0 x
GO RAMS
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

yes, but Richmond would have to do serious damage to the rest of their schedule to even get an rpi in the 60's, right now ours is around 40. If Richmond wins out their rpi would be around 50-55
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Rhodymob05 wrote:
Running Ram wrote:don't know if it was mentioned in another thread, but last night Steve and Don mentioned analysts having us in the 69-72 range, I believe last four out. So jumping to the last four in is very much in play. What I don't understand is, if I'm not mistaken Steve mentioned Richmond as one of A10's three that analysts are putting in the field as of now? does that make sense? maybe I heard that wrong.
It's because they're in first place in the conference so they are assumed the conference champ, I believe.
yup, most bracket folks make the 1st place team the auto bid instead of trying to predict all the conference tourneys
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Right, they were talking mostly about Joe Lunardi's bracket, and he gives the top record in the conference the autobid, that's why Richmond's been in when they've been in first and out otherwise.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Exactly.
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

ATP we have no shot at the dance unless we win the A-10 tourney. its pretty simple. Hass did look better last night. But he looked like he was playing on one leg at Richmond.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

It's actually not simple at all and people on here have showed what the path is several times over.
4 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Smokinjimit wrote:ATP we have no shot at the dance unless we win the A-10 tourney. its pretty simple
This is false. On what basis do you make this claim?
2 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

There is no chance we will win out. But if we did win out and make it to the finals of the a-10 tourney we might make it in. That will not happen.
there is a strong chance we will lose 2-4 more games before the tourney. We have 1 quality win. And our conference get little respect nationally.

This league is not going to get 4 teams in. Maybe 3... maybe
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

If we win out and lose in the quarterfinals of the A-10 tournament we will be in.
Right now we have an RPI in the mid 40's so if we win our and lose in the tournament, that would make us,
23-8 15-3
15-1 at home.
7-5 on the road.
1-2 on a neutral court.
3 wins over the top 50.
Not to mention Belmont will likely win their league.
Around 5 top 100 wins.
Good strength of schedule.
RPI in the low 30's, possibly in the 20's.
That's a definite tournament team.
Last edited by PeterRamTime 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Luckily my mini-package has Dayton and VCU at Kingston, those games are gonna be Goliath, I'm predicting a close to sell out packed Ryan Center.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote:Luckily my mini-package has Dayton and VCU at Kingston, those games are gonna be Goliath, I'm predicting a close to sell out packed Ryan Center.
If we win our next two, barring snow, no way it's not a sell out.
Last edited by PeterRamTime 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Smokinjimit wrote:There is no chance we will win out. But if we did win out and make it to the finals of the a-10 tourney we might make it in. That will not happen.
there is a strong chance we will lose 2-4 more games before the tourney. We have 1 quality win. And our conference get little respect nationally.

This league is not going to get 4 teams in. Maybe 3... maybe
What u smokin??
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

I see what you did there. Smokinjimit what are you smoking?

Instead just point out where I'm wrong?

Do you think we will win out?
Do you think the A-10 will get more than 3 teams in the dance?
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

This has been discussed in detail, recently, in multiple threads. One good place is the bracketlology thread or the RPI thread.

I personally put together an analysis in the RPI thread following the GW win.

I agree A10 is looking like 3 bids right now (at best): VCU/Dayton/Rhody

What info do YOU have to support your position, specifically the requirement to lose only once in A10 season and in the final of A10 tournament as only path to at-large?
Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

PeterRamTime wrote:If we win out and lose in the quarterfinals of the A-10 tournament we will be in.
Right now we have an RPI in the mid 40's so if we win our and lose in the tournament, that would make us,
23-8 15-3
15-1 at home.
7-5 on the road.
1-2 on a neutral court.
3 wins over the top 50.
Around 5 top 100 wins.
I hate to do it, but the treatment of Bonaventure makes me extremely gun shy on that scenario.

22-7
RPI 28
3-1 vs Top25
4-3 vs Top50
7-5 vs Top100

Left out in the cold on Selection Sunday
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

15-3 in

100%

Winning out is a tall task....tomorrow night IMO a massive obstacle in our path. Certainly a win in NC tomorrow will have me back on the bus.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

hrstrat57 wrote:15-3 in

100%

Winning out is a tall task....tomorrow night IMO a massive obstacle in our path. Certainly a win in NC tomorrow will have me back on the bus.
15-3 would be incredible and no doubt we'd get in. The odds of that happening are extremely unlikely unless something suddenly clicks with this team.

I'd like to see us win at Davidson, Umass and at home against Dayton. Will certainly be difficult but If that happens we'll be in excellent shape going into our final 6 games.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
PeterRamTime wrote:If we win out and lose in the quarterfinals of the A-10 tournament we will be in.
23-8 15-3
15-1 at home.
7-5 on the road.
1-2 on a neutral court.
3 wins over the top 50.
Around 5 top 100 wins.
I hate to do it, but the treatment of Bonaventure makes me extremely gun shy on that scenario.

22-7
RPI 28
3-1 vs Top25
4-3 vs Top50
7-5 vs Top100

Left out in the cold on Selection Sunday
Yeah but our SOS is way better and they didn't have a win over somebody like cinci
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

I don't believe SBU was the preseason A10 media darling last season that URI was this year.....if it's worth anything. Surprisingly we still seem to have that going for us despite the huge eggs we laid against LaSalle and the Spiders along with the blown close games we've discussed here till the cows came home.

Win Friday and I believe URI is back in business - lose ahhh not so much.

Still doable, we are still alive!

Win!
Last edited by hrstrat57 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

And their kenpom was a good deal worse. Plus after snubbing an A10 team last year there might be a makeup call this year if it's close enough. There are plenty of differences between us on the bubble and St. Bonaventure last year.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote:And their kenpom was a good deal worse. Plus after snubbing an A10 team last year there might be a makeup call this year if it's close enough. There are plenty of differences between us on the bubble and St. Bonaventure last year.

Makeup call. Hadn't thought of that.....great take!
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

RR02 it really is simple. Win and in.

I thought team played excellent against GW despite all the angst from the KB forum minions. Bad matchup, opponent got stupid hot from all over the floor....

I bitched about missing contested layups and we made em all night. OK Terrell missed a couple but he powered in and made the foul shots. Coaching staff ran some good if not great half court sets designed specifically for the opponent - another thing I have been screaming for.

Hurley has discovered what a force KI is and more importantly he's handled him beautifully and the kid is all in. He is a defense busting machine on the high block and from there he can pass with devastating effect and crash the boards for O rebounds. Masterful coaching by the staff.

I'm not back on the bus yet but win Friday night and this team could be ready to explode!! Blend JG back in seamlessly and get EC shooting off screens and it could be watch out.

Difficult group to coach but we could be singing the praises of our coaching staff instead of posting in 2.0.

Call me nuts but I can kinda feel a huge surge coming.

.....we shall see tomorrow night, that game is yoooooug!!!!
Last edited by hrstrat57 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

hrstrat57 wrote:15-3 in

100%

I'm saving you a seat :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x