Can't Close

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
amo1987
Jim Eitner

Can't Close

Unread post by amo1987 »

Concerned a pattern with Coach Hurley is developing where the team is unable to close games into the Win column. A coach is defined to get the players to run a fluid offense and get good shots is something this Rhody Team and those under Dan's leadership have been unable to develop. Unable to win on the road also is of concern. Simply, the odds of the NCAA are going to be a challenge with the depth of the A-10
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Can't Close

Unread post by section(105) »

.....yeah, welcome aboard.....I guess....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Welcome to the club.
1 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Welcome to the House of Pain......
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

amo1987 wrote:A coach is defined to get the players to run a fluid offense and get good shots is something this Rhody Team and those under Dan's leadership have been unable to develop.
In English Baxter, you know I don't speak stupid.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody Rams Men's Basketball: choking in big games since 1999
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The national media will start to pick up on this.....the Hurley name is losing a lot of luster...both Hurleys are really struggling as D1 coaches, although Bobby has a tourney invite at Buffalo...he'll get Arizona St. there before his brother....if his brother ever does......

Hurley Sr.'s rep is secure...as a high school coach
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Amazing how watching that game I thought we would win after we looked decent in 1h

Then with 15 minutes left and the game tight I 100 % knew we would lose

Just like you said we can't close that's the frustrating part as we always have leads and are in these games
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

reef, it's been that way for all 5 of DH's years here...no matter what talent we have......

It's not about the players......DH is overmatched...pure and simple
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I hate this doom and gloom stuff but its reality. Hurley has given us a lot of hope and at times results. Excuses can sometimes be good excuses like injuries to your two top players. I mean I can't think of any signification program in the country who lost their top player in the first game, and the second best player towards the end of that same season. Then the following season that second best player becomes the BEST player leading in multiple categories including scoring, then becomes injured once again while you're previously best player in still playing with a knee cast. I mean its undeniable that Hurley is being screwed in a way. I can always say he needs to close out games and thats true, but if we were slightly less injury prone, would it matter?
1 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

05, I don't think it would....sad to say
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Why? Did we win the close ones against good
teams with a healthy lineup?
NOPE!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Bi-daily post to remind people we did in fact come from behind against a bonafide top 25 team. Without a PG.

Carry on with the misery.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yup, now do it on the road for a change.....even against top 100 teams.....
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote:.....yeah, welcome aboard.....I guess....
Said the Captain of the Titanic :lol:
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Ramster; love that!!......and I am all about rearranging the deck chairs .......before we hit the iceberg.......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote:Ramster; love that!!......and I am all about rearranging the deck chairs .......before we hit the iceberg.......

I couldn't resist....it was just kind of wide open begging to be said.....but what's even more funny is that I am one of the Optimistic Posters :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just couldn't help myself
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

ramster, if you ever become pessimistic on this board....what will become of us?
0 x
Victorino
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Victorino »

The captain of this ship, Thorr Bjorn, needs to save this ship. 5 Years is enough of Hurley. He should go back to high school coaching like his father.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Victorino wrote:The captain of this ship, Thorr Bjorn, needs to save this ship. 5 Years is enough of Hurley. He should go back to high school coaching like his father.
It's been 4 and a third...but yeah screw it why even play the other 20 games?
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote:ramster, if you ever become pessimistic on this board....what will become of us?
I don't know Rambone, I wasn't even all that pessimistic during the Baron years, but I will say looking back, the Baron years were actually considerably worse than I thought they were.
But glad to see you doing some joking around - it's only a game and I really do,think this team is going to turn it around, I really do.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Victorino wrote:The captain of this ship, Thorr Bjorn, needs to save this ship. 5 Years is enough of Hurley. He should go back to high school coaching like his father.

Victorino from the top rope!

Telling Hurley to go back to high school seems like a bit much...
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Cincy was a great win on a neural court close to home... We can win those games. I just need to see us win a road game to feel any sort of hope again. My friends and family all know that I care more about URI basketball then any other team in the world and they don't get why I'm so down this early in the season. Past seasons I expected it, but a veteran preseason top 25 team hyped up like we were I can't deal with this shit again. I can't believe I'm one of the negative people on the board now...Prove me wrong Hurley!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING