Game 10: @ Houston Dec 10 1:30p ESPNU

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Game 10: @ Houston Dec 10 1:30p ESPNU

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The opponents make adjustments....and they work....we make none....would it matter?

There are so many things wrong out there...it's not just 1 or 2 things...there's a list.......
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Victorino wrote:Adam - zone has been used for years by many good coaches, PC has beaten us I don't know how many times in a row effectively using it.
There's a thread that answers your question, but I'll tell you here anyway Vic...
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Did you just see the awful shot UNC just took after a time out at end of game? Team coached by the great Roy Williams (one of the most over-rated coaches in the country).
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Hes known for coaching LESS down the stretch. Says it was Dean Smith's philosophy to not call a timeout for that last shot.

With that being said. They run the made break. A very impressive style that has multiple movements after the initial push is stopped.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

DH is hardly ever going to use a zone here except maybe in a rare circumstance

I would like to see more half court traps
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Mongo wrote:Like Hassan, he's doubtful. He may have severed a tendon, which will keep him out multiple weeks. Even without that, he got stitches on 2 fingers on his strong hand 2 days ago. I'm pretty sure he's not playing tomorrow.
Mongo,
How was the game in person? Were there many URI fans and Alumni in attendance?

Don't know if you follow the baseball team much but they usually go to Florida and the Southeast in Feb and March but in 2017 they are going to Louisiana (lake Charles), Texas and Arkansas.

They play a 4 game series against Houston Baptist Feb 24,25,26 with a doubleheader on Saturday the 25th.

http://gorhody.com/sports/m-basebl/2016-17/schedule
0 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

ramster wrote:
Mongo wrote:Like Hassan, he's doubtful. He may have severed a tendon, which will keep him out multiple weeks. Even without that, he got stitches on 2 fingers on his strong hand 2 days ago. I'm pretty sure he's not playing tomorrow.
Mongo,
How was the game in person? Were there many URI fans and Alumni in attendance?

Don't know if you follow the baseball team much but they usually go to Florida and the Southeast in Feb and March but in 2017 they are going to Louisiana (lake Charles), Texas and Arkansas.

They play a 4 game series against Houston Baptist Feb 24,25,26 with a doubleheader on Saturday the 25th.

http://gorhody.com/sports/m-basebl/2016-17/schedule
Ramster,

It was very empty, but we had a good Rhody turnout. We had about 1/5 of the total crowd. I ended up on the floor seats right next to the RI bench for the whole 2nd half, so that was fun. I'll definitely head to some of those baseball games, even the Lake Charles ones. Thank you for letting me know that.
0 x