Jim Baron 2.0

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Jim Baron 2.0

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

RIFan wrote:what can we pour on that hasn't already been said 100 times in this thread?

the kool aid brigade is ready...
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

It's just sad...even when they have the more talented roster...doesn't even matter. How on earth did this team beat Cincinnati?
From Top 25 to "this team isn't even close to being a tournament team"...how does that happen so freekn fast? They could lose to UMass by 30 on Sunday....
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

How anybody can defend this shit is beyond belief.

Of course some defended Baron until the day he was fired, so I guess anything is possible.
3 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

from press conf:

"I did not have my team ready to play"

"We are usually there at the end of games" he left out, but then we lose...
Last edited by RIFan 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

"We took a step back from our goals today"

"I'm concerned about our starting guards and how Hassan looks"
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Inexcusable. Not ready to play was an understatement.

And Hassan doesn't look right yes. But that's no excuse for tonight.
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

RIFan wrote:"We took a step back from our goals today"

"I'm concerned about our starting guards and how Hassan looks"
So the only starter he isn't concerned about is Iverson...great to hear.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

"We were dreadful...dreadful!"
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I hope Dan included himself in the "dreadful" category.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

He's just in over his head right now.

Hassan breaking down the past 2 years while being the lead forward is no surprise to me. How do you ask an undersized guy to take the lead physical role when he is so short? His body is overwhelmed if he has to take the brunt of the other teams muscle. Throw a Gil or someone bigger than Hassan and Martin dominates without being broken down. Guy is an idiot for playing so much with 4-5 guards.

Who is better Milosevic or Akele? Probably not Akele.

This all sucks very much. I hope they go undefeated here on out and we all feel foolish. But they will continue to be perplexing and suck.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Here's just another thing that sucks (because they're so hard to find tonight), but....they go into the locker room down 20 at half. You'd think...maybe...the coach would get the group glued together, so that they at least 'look like' they're still interested to start the 2nd half. Obviously, we have no idea "what" was said, but you hafta think it was likely serious, or loud, or passionate, or whatever...then they come out...start the 2nd half...and he yanks all 5 of them less than a minute in.... And, I get that they did better, but what does that say about the ability of the coach to get guys geared up for a comeback? Down 20...15 minutes to talk it through...and he pulls them en masse less than a minute in? Leaking ship with absolutely no rudder....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

SPG, we are what we are....unbalanced...that's on Dan.....too many guards and not enough bigs...sure it's harder to recruit them but that's his job....we have no depth we can count on.....we also don't really have a power forward....KI's a 3.....and Cyril isn't ready for any offensive contribution.....that stretch 4 doesn't exist.....Hassan isn't that because he has no range....even if he did we have no center to speak of.

This team has way too many holes...and none of our guards are "finishers" who can take over a game at the end.....

Plus it looks like their confidence is totally shot.....a horrible hole that they aren't likely to climb out of....

Add to all this the coach is either unwilling or unable to adjust to changing game situations...and it's a mess.
1 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

So....uhh...yeah...there was a game tonight....umm...and...we got destroyed...and I am no prophet, but....ummm.....pretty...sure...we...can...kiss...our....chances...of...making.........the NCAA Tournament goodbye.

So...during said game, obviously the players lacked a little motivation. BUT.............
In my opinion, there is a heaping chunk of this shit sandwich that falls squarely on Dan's shoulders, not simply from a preparation perspective, but from an in game management perspective.
Below are my points along with a little commentary.
1) Allowing La Salle to accumulate a 14 point lead in the first half before calling a time out. "14"...WHY?...
Good me: I think he thought they wouldn't have a problem coming back.
Bad me: WTF...you don't let that sh@! get past 6.

2) Kuran and E.C........TURNOVERS! These guys crushed this team, and continue to do so, for utterly different reasons. Kuran continued to be careless with the ball and just didn't make wise decisions. E.C. continued to not pass the ball to his open teammates for easy baskets, especially on a break-a-way where Hass was open in the paint. Plus, E.C.'s decision making when passing the ball is slow and it crushes any offensive rhythm. Did you see how well the 5 players off of the bench played offensively when they came in the game in the 2nd half? They had more assists and quicker passes in a couple minutes than we had seen all game to that point (figuratively speaking...may not be totally accurate but you get the point; just talking about offensively).
Dan really needed to bench these guys for the entire second half to send a message that it's time to get with the program.
Good me: La Salle played really tough defense, turnovers are going to happen.
Bad me: Are these two dense? I saw the Freshman and Sophomores on the team protecting the ball and making better decisions than those two veterans. What the f@*% is it going to take for these two to understand how to play unselfish fundamental basketball? Dan should've handed these two a pen and a some paper and had them take notes as the bench, in the very beginning of the second half, proceeded to show them "the art of the pass"...particularly the bounce pass.

3) Kept seeing combinations of Kuran and Akele on the floor at the same time or Kuran and Hassan on the floor at the same time, when what they really could've used in my opinion was Langevin and Akele or Langevine and Hass on the floor at the same time instead.
This brings me back to Dan. Every time I watched the team gain some kind of progress, a sub was made which inserted Kuran or E.C. back into the game and it ended up crushing the flow. Although, there was a moment or two in the 2nd half where E.C. made a couple shots, but too little to late.
I feel if you are a coach, you have to know during a game what combinations of players appear to be working and which ones don't. I didn't see Dan making the proper adjustments.
Good me: He made a lot of substitutions and did try to swap out the 5 starters in the beginning of the second half for the 5 bench players. The players just didn't work very hard tonight.
Bad me: As a coach you work with this team every damn day. You should know your players inside and out...their strengths and their weaknesses. You don't let that sh#! get to the point where "LA SALLE" gets as much as a "28 point lead" at HOME before getting a f@&#$%! clue.

4) Dan's end of the first half play to get a basket was Dowtin dribbling and shooting a deep 3 point shot. Once again, we have no play or plays that have even the slightest chance of success when it comes to trying to get a basket when the team absolutely has to have one.
Good me: Drawing up a play can be tough. A lot of things can work out differently in a game, but you'd think there would be at least a little more passing involved...especially since there is some decent talent on the team.
Bad me: WHAT THE H@#%...I mean seriously...NOT...ONE...SINGLE...PLAY...after all of these years...NOTHING...NADA...ZIPPO...GOOSE EGG. You've talked about not having enough talent in years past. Now we have the talent and now it is being absolutely SQUANDERED. You over worked Hass because you don't want to utilize guys like Akele and Berry more. Terrell is better than he's ever been. E.C. is back. WTF. SERIOUSLY. WTF! IT IS TIME TO LEARN FROM THE PAST AND TO START IMPROVING! All I see game in and game out is the same exact problems rearing their ugly head over and over and over. Fix something. Just one god forsaken thing! JUST ONE! Free throws maybe? Nope (barely over 65%; 56% in conference). Kuran's turnovers. Nope. E.C.'s turnovers and ball hog issues. NOPE. NCAA birth....BIG FAT....NOPE!

Time to move on. Hopefully things will improve as the season progresses.
Good me: Other than that Dan was awesome tonight. I'm good. On to the next game.
Bad me: Who are we playing again? Oh yeah, UMASS. Didn't they just beat Dayton, by 12? Can't wait...simply can't wait to see how much S@#! we can pile on to the turd sandwich. CAN NOT WAIT! Awesome...just awesome...because we do oh so well against UMASS. Wonderful. Should be glorious!
Last edited by The Dude 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Just a horrible effort from our team

Someone said we play tight cuz of our coach and it is so true
1 x
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

Let's be honest. Baron did way more in his first 5 years with the school than Hurley has. And he hasn't had a year that even approached Baron's 2nd year with the school.

Here's a question. Has any player in the 5 years that Hurley has been with the school made a big shot? Yeah I know Biruta won a game with a lucky tip in but I'm thinking winning or tying a game at the end with a fairly deep outside shot? It seems like it's always a late game miss and half the time the shots are forced because the team is disorganized and thus are rushing shots.

Under Baron you had guys like Dawan Robinson, Dustin Hellenga, Marquis Jones, both of his sons who I can remember hitting game winners or game tying shots. Whenever URI has a tight game at the end I pretty much know what the outcome will be. I'd like to see Jared Terrell become the go-to guy at the end. I feel like he's the type of guy that can make that big shot. I don't feel that way about the rest of them.

I'd love to see Hurley's record with URI in games decided by 5 points or less.
Last edited by scine20 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

scine20 wrote:Let's be honest. Baron did way more in his first 5 years with the school than Hurley has. And he hasn't had a year that even approached Baron's 2nd year with the school.

Here's a question. Has any player in the 5 years that Hurley has been with the school made a big shot? Yeah I know Biruta won a game with a lucky tip in but I'm thinking winning or tying a game at the end with a fairly deep outside shot? It seems like it's always a late game miss and half the time the shots are forced because the team is disorganized and thus are rushing shots.

Under Baron you had guys like Dawan Robinson, Dustin Hellenga, Marquis Jones, both of his sons who I can remember hitting game winners or game tying shots. Whenever URI has a tight game at the end I pretty much know what the outcome will be. I'd like to see Jared Terrell become the go-to guy at the end. I feel like he's the type of guy that can make that big shot. I don't feel that way about the rest of them.

Terrell had two big 3's at the end of the Nebraska game, and EC's three against Cincy.

I honestly cannot think of any others off the top of my head.
0 x
Go Rhody
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody15 wrote:
scine20 wrote:Let's be honest. Baron did way more in his first 5 years with the school than Hurley has. And he hasn't had a year that even approached Baron's 2nd year with the school.

Terrell had two big 3's at the end of the Nebraska game, and EC's three against Cincy.

was gonna mention Terrel's 2 3 pointers to open up OT against Nebraska.

But nothing on the level of Dawan vs Seton Hall, Hellenga from the corner @ Dayton, Marquis Jones 2x against Dayton.

Under Baron, the Ryan Center Magic was a thing. It always seemed like they found a way to win there.

Those teams had players that had an edge and girt to spare. I dont see the same grit and balls with this team (outside of Terrell). No one really plays a rough hard nosed game, and have been missing that since TJ
Last edited by Da_Process_Survivor 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
---
---
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TJ....he made the difference in a few close games for us.......made plays...FT's........team leader.

We don't have anybody like him anymore.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

One of Dan's comments after the game that concerned me was, "We were flat and I'm not sure why. We didn't attack the game with any ferocity.". Is it possible that these kids are tuning Dan out? This happens often with an intense, screamer type of coach.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

78, if you know about Dan's practices, they are intense and maybe the players are spent before the games even start...they are being put under so much pressure by the coach that they can't play loose and function properly.
1 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Rhody15 wrote:

Xavier Munford's buzzer beater 3 vs Dayton
1 x
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

Rhody15 wrote:

Yeah in every close win you'll generally have a big shot or two. I'm thinking more time winding down, you need a basket to win or go to OT. It seems like in those situations the story ends the same way.

How many times did guys like Hellenga, Robinson or Jones make a big shot to save URI?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ram1019 wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:

Xavier Munford's buzzer beater 3 vs Dayton
Munfords buzzer beater vs Auburn
2 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Last shots be damned.

My biggest problem is with Dan trying to coach toward this false narrative. He talks about EC and everything unfurling the way they planned. Then being knocked off balance.

Best coaches are all out and any cost. If it takes zone and a fat guy named Andre Berry(I'm completely off the Berry train btw), so be it!

He can't make all the guys fit in to whatever he thinks. Jarvis has been getting owned. Iverson is just a minus player right now. He routinely turns the ball over or is beat for rebounds.

Dan should be defining roles day-to-day and seeing a team develop. Instead we have this mess.

It's like play 4-5 guards, get outrebounded. Watch ppl blow by us on the perimeter every other play. The other team gets a fast break?? Watch them score. We get a fast break??? Do some euro trash and miss the lay up.

They need a clinic. Then they need to recognize possession to possession what is happening. The plan doesn't matter anymore.
1 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Since I'm home sick today and apparently hate fun, I took a lot of Kenpom data and put it together to answer a few (probably hypothetical) questions that were asked on this thread. I think Baron and Hurley couldn't be any more different in performance. All data includes the LaSalle game from last night (not like it applies whatsoever)

In his 11 years as CFL, Baron's outcomes were close 29% of the time.
In 5 years, Hurley's outcomes have been close 34% of the time.

The first graph compares overall performance in close games, as well as average RPI and Kenpom rankings during each tenure.

The second graph shows Hurley's Close win % vs his total Win %.

The last graph shows Baron's close win % vs his total Win %.
Attachments
Head2Head.png
Head2Head.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
Hurley win %.png
Hurley win %.png (9.69 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
Baron Win %.png
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great research Ram band !!
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Doors are open...
2 x
---
---
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

This thread will live on......about to get some more action....will probably be around until Dan is let go, whenever that happens.
2 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Can Dan lovers prove in any way his era has been any better or he is a better coach? I will say , I have talked to quite a few D 1 coaches who pretty much laugh at Dan and say as much as he is lucky for his name. Of course I have also heard a couple of guys publicly compliment him which is obviously part of the "politically correct" game.
This team and program are an embarrassment for what the administration has paid for. If you love mediocrity, which most here seem to love and in their defense, is the only thing they know, you got the right "coach" and name, but the University could definitely pay a lot less for that result.

And for those who feel bad for the players/kids, I paid total tuition for my kids, which was quite a bit. To their credit, they worked their tails off and as importantly took pride in themselves and what they did.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The coach is just over his head...With rare exception, almost every game...if they don't get off to a good start...it's a loss.
Not sure how the masses can continue to defend. They actually could still make something of a run...win a few in the A10T, but if they do, it's going to be in spite of this coach, not because of him.

Seems like it's been said he's been outcoached so many times...has anyone EVER said, he outcoached the other guy? Has that ever happened?
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:The coach is just over his head...With rare exception, almost every game...if they don't get off to a good start...it's a loss.
Not sure how the masses can continue to defend. They actually could still make something of a run...win a few in the A10T, but if they do, it's going to be in spite of this coach, not because of him.

Seems like it's been said he's been outcoached so many times...has anyone EVER said, he outcoached the other guy? Has that ever happened?
No
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

If you can't make 3 point shots. If you can't make lay-ups. If you can't shoot Freethrows. Are you a basketball team?
2 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Where's Blue Man to tell us how dumb this thread is and how stupid we all are for not thinking Hurley's the greatest coach alive?
6 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The kool aid brigade is down to a platoon......

Pretty soon it will disappear into the dust bin of history.....

DH imo is on borrowed time....he hoodwinked Dooley and Thorr into giving him such a lucrative contract, by URI's standards anyway.

They should give him an ultimatum just like they did Baron......should be dance or else by next year.

And Gio, that is damning info....but not surprising....the whispers are growing louder.
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:If you can't make 3 point shots. If you can't make lay-ups. If you can't shoot Freethrows. Are you a basketball team?
Not a good one for sure......but I suppose there will still be posters that will hang onto that this is a good team with talent.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I still think this thread is dumb. But I can tell you that me and this team are both done for this year.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I get that it's very subjective...but can anyone remember the last time anyone said that the Rhody coach outcoached the other guy?

Freekn Rutgers....those lousy lowballers.... :lol:
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TP, maybe you think it is, but the end result will be like JB at some point.....fired.

208, I would have been fine with Hurley leaving...the program infrastructure is in good shape....I'm not going to brag because it's not funny, but I knew this was going to happen this year....and will until he's gone.
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote:The kool aid brigade is down to a platoon......

Pretty soon it will disappear into the dust bin of history.....

DH imo is on borrowed time....he hoodwinked Dooley and Thorr into giving him such a lucrative contract, by URI's standards anyway.

They should give him an ultimatum just like they did Baron......should be dance or else by next year.

And Gio, that is damning info....but not surprising....the whispers are growing louder.
You keep bringing Thorr up like he shouldn't be culpable. What has he done where his job should be safe if you think Hurley should be on the way out?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Let's be fair....Thorr shouldn't just be judged on NCAA's for men's hoops, I mean, he has also built quite a football progr-....oh wait, never mind....

When does baseball crank up again?
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RR2, it's kind of hard to blame Thorr for hiring DH....everybody and his brother [see what I did there?] thought it was a coup...even though Dan didn't have any experience at this level.

In many ways Dan has been great for URI....he's built the program from the ground up with help from URI itself.....of course any coach that Thorr and Dooley hired would have been expected to rebuild the mess that was left from JB.

I mean, that's a coach's job, isn't it?

But the other part, the part that counts from our perspective, is the winning part...and Dan has failed to follow through on his promises in that regard. URI hired him to 2 big reasons, to rebuild the program [check] and make the NCAA tournament and continue doing that on a regular basis.

The second reason has been a failure....he's had enough time to make enough improvements in the on court product....and it hasn't happened....he hasn't even approached the success rate of the previous coach which is especially damning.....

And the most depressing part of this? There doesn't seem to be much hope of enough improvement to get there in the near future....the same on court issues have remained from day one of his tenure...irregardless of the talent he's brought in.

Either the players he's recruited have been overrated [very possibly] and/ or he doesn't have the game coaching or player development ability necessary.

It's reached the point where there's little doubt that his promises won't be fulfilled here. It's time to tell the coach, either you find a way to make the NCAAT and soon, or it's time to move on.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

What a mess
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It is a mess...and dang, what a quick 'schooling' I got. I was thinking last year, even after EC went down...hey, they could still make it. Then, this year, with EC back..."of course they'll make it, how could they not?"... and here we are. Not really much different from last year, no real inside presence, no visible in-game coaching upside, and more guards on the way...yee-ha.
1 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Unfortunately it seems more and more that Hurley is looking like Lane Kiffin except with good morals

as a 27 lifelong Dallas Cowboys and URI fan the last 20 years have been beyond brutal. Should have just quit sports after the Stanford game
0 x
Clapton is God
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

rambone 78 wrote:RR2, it's kind of hard to blame Thorr for hiring DH....everybody and his brother [see what I did there?] thought it was a coup...even though Dan didn't have any experience at this level.

In many ways Dan has been great for URI....he's built the program from the ground up with help from URI itself.....of course any coach that Thorr and Dooley hired would have been expected to rebuild the mess that was left from JB.

I mean, that's a coach's job, isn't it?

But the other part, the part that counts from our perspective, is the winning part...and Dan has failed to follow through on his promises in that regard. URI hired him to 2 big reasons, to rebuild the program [check] and make the NCAA tournament and continue doing that on a regular basis.

The second reason has been a failure....he's had enough time to make enough improvements in the on court product....and it hasn't happened....he hasn't even approached the success rate of the previous coach which is especially damning.....

And the most depressing part of this? There doesn't seem to be much hope of enough improvement to get there in the near future....the same on court issues have remained from day one of his tenure...irregardless of the talent he's brought in.

Either the players he's recruited have been overrated [very possibly] and/ or he doesn't have the game coaching or player development ability necessary.

It's reached the point where there's little doubt that his promises won't be fulfilled here. It's time to tell the coach, either you find a way to make the NCAAT and soon, or it's time to move on.
The "word" irregardless is not a word...regardless of what you think.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

The season is morphing from disappointing to failure...and quickly.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

208, I think it's about perception...we really haven't been very good since DH got here...it's all about the hype and the "name"......

there's been some glimpses of hope here and there, but every time it's been shot down like a dog.....

The coach is overrated, the players the same.....we get the same tripe over and over....what great talent we have....the coach is an awesome guy blah blah blah...none of it has amounted to a hill of beans.

We aren't very good. I have several friends that know their hoops big time, and every time they watch us especially in a big game they say the same thing...we are terrible. The same thing happened when Baron was here.

The better coaches we play run rings around Dan Hurley...and no amount of "well he'll grow into the job and get better" bullshit is believable any more....he hasn't and he won't.

Our players wilt on the big stages...and it's a reflection of the coaching.....soft as Charmin......zero mental toughness.

PMMM, oops...regardless it is.....
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

josephski wrote:Where's Blue Man to tell us how dumb this thread is and how stupid we all are for not thinking Hurley's the greatest coach alive?
YAY circle jerk negativity party!

Yes this thread is still dumb.

No I don't ever recall saying Dan was the greatest coach alive. Nor the best coach in the conference. Nor the best coach in program history.

Pretty sure I just said that there is an ocean between Hurley and Baron. You're still dumb if you believe there isn't.

Yes tonight was unconscionable. Yes there is something seriously wrong in the locker room. Yes this season is over until the A10 final. Yes you will all still verbally fellate Hurley if they catch fire in Pittsburgh and dance.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I was on board with the DH hire and thought it was a coup

I now was fooled and in hindsight I wish he was coaching Rutgers and we in turn made the right hire to replace him
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Nobody cares who you like better, who is prettier or from the more historic basketball family. We are only comparing X's, O's and results in this thread and the comparisons are eeerie. Back to back coaches assuming their system and play style is end all, leaving no room for adjustments, putting all the weight on the athletes to go out their and out athlete everybody and this is what you get, beat up the cupcakes and lose to any team with decent players and a coach with a clue.

I'll never hype this team again, five years of buying in and talking up the big season on the horizon, I've lost all cred with objective basketball fans. Those fans will never believe it will happen next year until we do it this year, you dig? This is another reason we needed to start in the top 25, stay in the top 25, go to the NCAA's and advance. As James Evans Jr. said we are doing the Jimmy Carter Shuffle - "two steps forward, two steps back"
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

1. Make foul shots.

2. Make layups.

3. Switch up defense show different looks. News flash, NCAA rules allow zone defenses. You can even change your defensive look from play to play! You can choose to defend 90' if you want. Amazing!

Above=win.
Last edited by hrstrat57 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!