Magic Crystal Ball Predictions

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Magic Crystal Ball Predictions

Unread post by The Dude »

I think a thread like this could be fun. We all have thoughts about what "may" happen with this team over the years....it's coaches and players. Put your basketball knowledge to the test. Place your predictions below! May the most clairvoyant person win! (and then tell us the upcoming PowerBall lottery numbers, so we can all make a fortune)

My predictions past and present (pretty sure ATP has heard many of these over the years):
  • Dan will be Rhody's coach for longer than 5 years - (Made this during either his first year or just before being hired as coach, while at Homestead...little fuzzy on the exact date)
  • EC Mathews will NOT be going to the NBA after his 3rd/Junior year - (Made this prediction during his Sophomore year)
  • Rhody will make it to the NCAA Tournament this year, but I see them exiting in the 2nd round or earlier.
  • I'm expecting Stanford Robinson to be an unexpected stand out player. He won't post big numbers, but he'll be clutch in big games this year (if Dan give him more minutes)
Bold Prediction:
  • It won't surprise me if Akele or Langevine is starting over Iverson by the time Rhody plays La Salle
General Observations:
Iverson - I didn't think he should've been a starter last year. He doesn't pass the eye test for me...too much of a liability.
Dan - Weakness is coming up with plays that can be successful when Rhody MUST have a basket, especially late in a half or end of a game.
Rhody - Will not win a game in the NCAA Tournament unless they can get their free throw percentage above 70% as a team.
Last edited by The Dude 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Magic Crystal Ball Predictions

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Dude...good predictions...all will probably come true, although the NCAA tourney is no lock if things don't change from what we saw tonight....

Dan is here for a while, but as I've said many times before, he's got to get us to the Dance, and soon.....Thorr and Dooley have a lot invested in this, and they won't wait forever....

The thing is, who's going to want Dan if we don't make it this year? Or next? He's laid a good foundation for the next coach though. If he does get an offer somehow without Dancing, URI should say thanks for the help, and wave sayonara.....
2 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

rambone 78 wrote:Dude...good predictions...all will probably come true, although the NCAA tourney is no lock if things don't change from what we saw tonight....

Dan is here for a while, but as I've said many times before, he's got to get us to the Dance, and soon.....Thorr and Dooley have a lot invested in this, and they won't wait forever....

The thing is, who's going to want Dan if we don't make it this year? Or next? He's laid a good foundation for the next coach though. If he does get an offer somehow without Dancing, URI should say thanks for the help, and wave sayonara.....
I should clarify the "Dan staying longer than 5 years prediction." The prediction at the time it was made was in response to individuals who thought he was so great as a coach that he would've moved on to a bigger program by now.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I just expected so much more from KI I just hope he can get his act together

We also need EC to start being the player he can be starting v PC
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

EC was the best player on the floor last time we played at PC. We need that same type of game from him on Saturday. Will we get that, or even close to it? I want to say yes, but I just don't see it.
0 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The only thing that I can say, is if we repeat last night's performance, we will lose another close one......like Charlie Brown says..."I can't stand it".......
0 x