Good bar for road games?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
hurleybirdspecial
Jim Eitner

Good bar for road games?

Unread post by hurleybirdspecial »

Hi folks!

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good places to watch road games on TV (when the games are televised)
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Good bar for road games?

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Mew's, Rhody Joe's and Charlie O's.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Will they dial up ESPN3 games at any of those places?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

My guess would be no, unless they have smart TVs and are able to easily get it on the TV. Highly doubt they would hook up a laptop to one of their TVs.
0 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......what a concept, an on campus sports bar with great food, local brews, all the channels, gathering place, great college atmosphere....but no.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote:......what a concept, an on campus sports bar with great food, local brews, all the channels, gathering place, great college atmosphere....but no.....
That makes sense and would be fun. In other words, that's crazy talk....
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I'm sure that would be part of the hotel project, the question is will the hotel project move forward.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I'm sure that would be part of the hotel project, the question is will the hotel project move forward.
I kind of wonder what they would need to do to get a liquor license for the hotel, or a bar connected to the hotel, now that I think about it. But yeah, last I heard, the hotel plan had hit some snags.

On-topic, I'd think Rhody Joe's would be the best of your South County options. The Mews has the best beer selection, but it isn't really a sports crowd. Charlie O's can be very hit or miss. If it's not busy, the bartenders are friendly and responsive, but I've gone on random nights and barely been able to move around. (It also makes me feel a million years old. "Damn you kids, get out of my bar!") I might be mistaken, but the second floor lounge is closed because it doesn't meet fire code.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......I can do some intell work with an advocate/on campus source/supporter of the hotel concept at an upcoming game and report accordingly.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

RJs will for sure play online games if you call ahead and help with logistics. They've let us set up and watch URI Hockey there before during playoffs. My advice is talk to them beforehand and bring a laptop with HDMI out that is all set to go. Maybe even bring an HDMI cable, basically anything to simplify it for them...

...also for everyone saying "TV is dead" back in the Cox thread, this is where a decent local TV deal comes in reallll handy. Any bar is a Rhody Bar if they can put the game on just by turning the channel when you ask.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Puck Frovidence wrote:...also for everyone saying "TV is dead" back in the Cox thread, this is where a decent local TV deal comes in reallll handy. Any bar is a Rhody Bar if they can put the game on just by turning the channel when you ask.
Only if they are not locked into DirecTV and non-local channels available like the fairly new Arooga's in Warwick. Not that I care about preseason football much, but the Patriots happened to be playing an exhibition while I was out to dinner and I quickly realized they could not get channel 15 or whatever the hell the station # is on Cox where the preseason games were shown.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Apple TV
1 x