Game 7: @ Valparaiso - Tues 8pm ESPN3

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Game 7: @ Valparaiso - Tues 8pm ESPN3

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Couple more thoughts. (retirement sucks)
Belmont needed a last second basket at home to
beat mighty Lipscombe!
As most know, I had little use for CFL.
However, think of game winning shots by
Dustin Helenga, Dawan Robinson, and The King of Kingston.
As bad as CFL was, they won some games at the buzzer.
Those three guys I mentioned WANTED the last shot.
People in Dayton still have nightmares over Dustin Helenga.
This team DOES play tighter at times. Is it Hurley?
When the team is in front of him in the second half,
you can hear him micro coaching the offense.
Half a mind on Hurley and half on what they are doing.
Has to be a distraction.
1 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

PMMM,
I always felt the conference regular season winners should be
exempt from their conference tournament.
Sure, it would be nice to win the regular season A-10.
Reality is, not winning it only impacts on seeding in
the A-10 tournament.
It means if you are second or third with a strong SOS, and RPI,
you still go to the NCAAs.
I honestly couldn't tell you who won the regular season
championship the past several years.
Doubt many here could.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

The offense is atrocious and completely unacceptable given the talent level on the floor. This is a front running team, when they get a lead they get confident and the offense flows. Get in a close/big game and the offense bogs down, too much one on one and that godforsaken weave Dan runs.

I think back to a guy like Jarelle Reichel. He SUCKED at URI but goes to EKU and averages 18-6-3. Sure, some of that is Reischel finding his level but how much of that is also Reischel playing more loose and free? Not having your coach over your shoulder ready to have a coronary after one mistake.

Jared Terrell is the only player I look at under Hurley and think wow his game has really improved.

Same old Rhody!!!
2 x
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

Just a couple of things, since everyone made pretty much every point already.

Last night was the first time I ever saw EC afraid to shoot. He passed a few times to a guy two feet away from him. Like 'here YOU take it". Almost shocking. Of course then he takes a 3 in the most important moment of the game, and we all knew that wasn't going in.

The other is that last play. Infamous already. So was the plan to drive to the hoop for a quick basket and then foul? Or was he supposed to fake the drive and kick it out? Because it sure looked like we were caught between the two options. I turned to my son and said " I could have at least got a shot off against an NBA team". Me, at my old age now. It was probably a lie, but that how inept they looked ending the game.

Final point. Why do we always start important games like we are afraid? I understood when we had inexperienced kids playing, but still? That was such a winnable game.
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Too many people thought everything was going to magically come together this season. The offense has always been an issue with Hurley especially when it comes to setting up plays at crucial times of the game. Hurley sucks at making adjustments, I always said last year there was still too much talent for how bad we looked at times yet the response was always "we don't have EC, we're not good". Good coaches are able to adjust to the team they have, it seems like Hurley just thinks he can throw a bunch of athletic guys on the court and have them figure it out.

EC is too one dimensional as a player. Now we have other guys who can score so EC doesn't get the ball as much as he did previous years which seems to be causing him to disappear during games.

The fouls are always going to be an issue with Hurley's defense. Every year Hurley has coached here we've been on the high side of fouls per game. This year is no different and I don't expect it to change.

Only positive to take away from the game is we played pretty well defensively. Even with how awful the offense played the game still came down to the last possession.
Last edited by josephski 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

STC wrote:The offense is atrocious and completely unacceptable given the talent level on the floor. This is a front running team, when they get a lead they get confident and the offense flows. Get in a close/big game and the offense bogs down, too much one on one and that godforsaken weave Dan runs.

I think back to a guy like Jarelle Reichel. He SUCKED at URI but goes to EKU and averages 18-6-3. Sure, some of that is Reischel finding his level but how much of that is also Reischel playing more loose and free? Not having your coach over your shoulder ready to have a coronary after one mistake.

Jared Terrell is the only player I look at under Hurley and think wow his game has really improved.

Same old Rhody!!!
Exactly. It's like Hurley has to micromanage everything that goes on out there and I'm sure it stresses guys out. Especially when you've got a guy like Stan who could be a really good player for us but if he makes one mistake then he knows Hurley is going to put him back on the bench.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

What happened to Stan? Is he in the doghouse? He played great as a point guard replacing JG in the second half vs Cincy. I know he had a couple of turnovers last night but I say he would really helped offensively last night. I don't want to be critical of Dowtin due to his lack of experience but I think Stan would have been a big upgrade over him on both sides of the ball
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Not a hot take but my thoughts last night basically sum up everything here. This loss is 99% on Dan.
  • I will not get on EC Mathews for struggling, its on Dan to free him up or to sub him out when he is ineffective
  • When Jarvis Garrett comes out of the game Dowtin should not be the replacement...he is not ready and I am disappointed with how overwhelmed he is when he was so highly hyped.
  • Stan should have been in for Garrett. How does he only play 6 minutes?
  • Akele plays only 8 minutes? In that short period he scored more than Iverson (30 minutes) and given the time was on pace for better rebounding/assists and played more effective defense on Peters
  • We switch everything against Belmont which was moderately effective, then against Valpo we refuse to switch which was horribly ineffective
  • Dan killed our momentum in the second half. When we went down by I think it was 7 Iverson and Garrett/EC were subbed out (don't remember which one) and Stan and Akele came on. Stan was very disruptive on D at the top of the key and Akele played 2 good defensive series on Peters. We cut the lead to 1. Promptly with the obvious momentum shift Dan subs out Hassan, Stan, and Akele to bring back Iverson, EC/Jarvis/Someone else. Valpo goes on another run and controls it until the last 40 seconds. No idea how you can not realize the swing in favor of your team in that situation.
3 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Maybe it's not a coincidence that the best coaching job to date for Dan was his first, when there was absolutely no pressure on him to win.
1 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

eli#10 wrote:What happened to Stan? Is he in the doghouse? He played great as a point guard replacing JG in the second half vs Cincy. I know he had a couple of turnovers last night but I say he would really helped offensively last night. I don't want to be critical of Dowtin due to his lack of experience but I think Stan would have been a big upgrade over him on both sides of the ball
I'm assuming those two turnovers are the reason he played 6 minutes.

Again, horrible coaching by Hurley. It's tough to play well when you know you're coach will pull you because of a mistake or two.
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

It's like a hitter in baseball, who's in a slump.
If he's always looking over his shoulder to see if
he's being pinch hit for, he presses even more.
Yanking guys because of a mistake or two, is
just a confidence killer.
You have a long,dynamic player in Stan.
Terrible shooter, but at the head of the key,
a defensive force.
I just don't know what to think anymore.....
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea no idea why Stan isn't playing, further more, why EC was on the court, but i guess you would expect your best player to come through at some point. But Stan needs to play!
Last edited by Rhodymob05 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

In the first 6 games, Robinson was part of the regular guard rotation and averaged 19 minutes per game. Last night he got off the bench twice, once in each half for 3 minutes each half. Unless he was sick, I don't get it. Dowtin has played poorly since the ankle yet he got more minutes than Stan.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

rodfromcranston wrote:PMMM,
I always felt the conference regular season winners should be
exempt from their conference tournament.
Sure, it would be nice to win the regular season A-10.
Reality is, not winning it only impacts on seeding in
the A-10 tournament.
It means if you are second or third with a strong SOS, and RPI,
you still go to the NCAAs.
I honestly couldn't tell you who won the regular season
championship the past several years.
Doubt many here could.
Well, I think we kind of agree. (We're both realists.) I cannot stand the conference tournaments...feel the auto-bid should go to the regular season winner. We should reward the TRUE winner of the conference for winning the marathon of a conference title chase. Exemption would be interesting. I'd be OK with advancing the regular season winner to the title game, or the semis at worst.

I think we agree if URI wins the A-10 regular season in 2016-'17, 1) we should all celebrate and 2) they'll go to the NCAA tourney.

St. Bonnie's non-conference schedule last year did them in. But they're hanging a banner in Olean and I'm sure their coach got quite a bonus. ($$$)

I honestly can't remember much of anything these days, never mind who won the A-10 tourney a few years back. (We can probably guess either Dayton or VCU has won b/c they've been to the NCAA's. The fact is, those teams would be going to the NCAA regardless. St. Bonnie's did win it with Nicholson, although I don't remember the year.)
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Beat PC Saturday, and all these bitching goes away.

(Until we end the game the exact same way against Houston.)

:lol: :roll:
1 x
Go Rhody
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Unread post by Optimistic »

STC wrote:The offense is atrocious and completely unacceptable given the talent level on the floor. This is a front running team, when they get a lead they get confident and the offense flows. Get in a close/big game and the offense bogs down, too much one on one and that godforsaken weave Dan runs.

Same old Rhody!!!
I agree 100 percent. If Jarelle Reischel had stayed at URI, we would have won this game.

Give me a freaking break. Terrell is only player to improve under Hurley? Garrett hasn't? MARTIN HASN'T?? Did you seriously look at Martin his freshman year and think "that guy is a few years away from scoring 30+ in a game?" No chance. He's made giant leaps under Hurley.

It's one loss guys. It sucks. It hurts. It feels like "same old URI". The sky is falling, yada yada yada. Win on Saturday against PC and we're right back on track. Need E.C. to wake up immediately though. This team is nowhere near as dynamic when he is being so passive.
1 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Optimistic wrote:

Same old Rhody!!!
I agree 100 percent. If Jarelle Reischel had stayed at URI, we would have won this game.

Give me a freaking break. Terrell is only player to improve under Hurley? Garrett hasn't? MARTIN HASN'T?? Did you seriously look at Martin his freshman year and think "that guy is a few years away from scoring 30+ in a game?" No chance. He's made giant leaps under Hurley.

It's one loss guys. It sucks. It hurts. It feels like "same old URI". The sky is falling, yada yada yada. Win on Saturday against PC and we're right back on track. Need E.C. to wake up immediately though. This team is nowhere near as dynamic when he is being so passive.
You totally miss the point I'm trying to make when I reference Reischel.

Martin dropped 30 on Belmont, so let's keep things in perspective. He still has zero ability to put the ball on the floor after four years here.

I look at Terrell and see a noticeable improvement in his game from last year to this. Garrett and Hassan have obviously improved since their freshman year, most players do.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The headlines this AM should read "Hurley badly outcoached in loss".........but that will never happen......

I'm sorry, we're not going anywhere with this guy.......said it before, and I'll say it again.....and I'm not the only one.......

Rhody Guy, you did a great job summing things up, and didn't even include KI's horrendous defense [without help of course] on Peters.....

Oh, and it was Hurley who hyped up Dowtin.......it's early, but I won't be surprised if he turns out to be just another overhyped recruit.....
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Thanks for adding no help for KI bone, but I don't necessarily agree on Dowtin. I think he will be fine in the long run, just not as game ready as thought.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Frustrating night... Give Valpo credit, they played their best game of the season last night. Peters was unstoppable and their role players stepped up and had great nights. In contrast, we played our worst game of the season. Other than JT, who as BAR rightly said is the team's MVP, and Hass, no one else showed up. Jarvis was just ok, but was in foul trouble the whole game. Despite that, we still almost stole one on the road.

I really thought we would have applied much more pressure on these guys. As it was, they still turned the ball over 17 times. Imagine if we had applied a little more pressure. We might not be as deep as we thought we would be but they certainly do not have depth. We did nothing to try and wear them down. We didn't do enough to disrupt what they wanted to do. They were too comfortable. I also didn't understand the overall pace we played at. We didn't attack... Too tentative.

I know many are reacting to the fact that it's not that we lost the game, but how we lost it, and I get that. The team we saw last night doesn't match the messaging we have been hearing from Dan.

But a little perspective... Per rpiforecast, our Expected RPI is 36.3. If this holds true through the conference tournament, we would likely be on the bubble. The Bonnies had an RPI of 29 last season and didn't make it, but that was an anomaly.

I used the rpiWizard tool to play out a few possible scenarios to see what our Expected RPI would be at end of non-conference play:
expectedrpi.jpg
Obviously going 5-0 or 4-1 the rest of the non-conference schedule should be the goal. But you can see from the table that even if we suffer road losses to PC and Houston and take care of business during conference play, we will still be in the hunt for an at-large bid.

We didn't take advantage of an opportunity we had last night to pick up a nice road win. We may have made life a little more difficult for ourselves but it's early, and there is still wiggle room.
Last edited by RoadyJay 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Stop it with the maths!!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody Guy wrote:Not a hot take but my thoughts last night basically sum up everything here. This loss is 99% on Dan.
  • When Jarvis Garrett comes out of the game Dowtin should not be the replacement...he is not ready and I am disappointed with how overwhelmed he is when he was so highly hyped.
It's been mentioned before, but one of the things that might be making it especially difficult for Dowtin is the micro-managing from the bench on offense...which is ridiculous, since it appears DH has nothing to add there. Look at Dowtin try to bring the ball up court with a defender in front of him and trying to understand what Hurls is jabbering about behind him...it's like he's being double-teamed...major distraction...
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

josephski wrote:
eli#10 wrote:What happened to Stan? Is he in the doghouse? He played great as a point guard replacing JG in the second half vs Cincy. I know he had a couple of turnovers last night but I say he would really helped offensively last night. I don't want to be critical of Dowtin due to his lack of experience but I think Stan would have been a big upgrade over him on both sides of the ball
I'm assuming those two turnovers are the reason he played 6 minutes.

Again, horrible coaching by Hurley. It's tough to play well when you know you're coach will pull you because of a mistake or two.
And I think that'a big part of why CT didn't develop much from last year to this year....
1 x
Optimistic
Kenny Green

STC wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

Same old Rhody!!!

You totally miss the point I'm trying to make when I reference Reischel.

Martin dropped 30 on Belmont, so let's keep things in perspective. He still has zero ability to put the ball on the floor after four years here.

I look at Terrell and see a noticeable improvement in his game from last year to this. Garrett and Hassan have obviously improved since their freshman year, most players do.
Garrett and Martin have improved, most players do... but no one except Terrell improves under Hurley? You're right, I am missing your point because you're babbling nonsense.

For those saying Hurley is a bad coach, can't run an offense, etc. etc., I will hold on to your ridiculous statements and repost them when we're in the NCAA tournament this March. One loss and people are about to jump off the Newport Bridge.
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
Optimistic
Kenny Green

And I will never understand the obsession with someone like Reischel. He was a mediocre player. Scored more against inferior competition because he took 25% of his teams shot at EKU (when he was on the court) versus 20% in his last year here. It was not being able to play "loose and free" that improved his numbers. It was more minutes, worse competition and more shots.
1 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Us looking to Valpo has turned into an argument about goddam Jarrelle Reischel.

Ah I love this board.

God help us if we lose to PC!!
Last edited by Rhody15 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Go Rhody
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Again, I didn't say Terrell was the only one who has improved under Hurley just that his improvement from last year to this has been huge. Terrell has really elevated his game and is the best player on the team right now.

Also, I never said URI isn't going to make the tournament. They still should make the tournament and I believe they will.

Stop with the straw man arguments optimist.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'll believe it when I see it....beat PC and Houston and I'll say we're OK.......

Lose one, doubtful...lose both, forget it.

I find it hard to believe this team's issues are going away any time soon......
1 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Forget Reischel... How did we give-up on Rokas Gustys!!? I'm joking.. Really, I am.

Interesting stat for Rokas.. He is 5-29 (17%) from the Free Throw line including a current 0-11 streak. How is that even possible?
1 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

[quote=
For those saying Hurley is a bad coach, can't run an offense, etc. etc., I will hold on to your ridiculous statements and repost them when we're in the NCAA tournament this March. One loss and people are about to jump off the Newport Bridge.[/quote]

I dont think I've seen many ridiculous statements from the loss last night. Sure everyone loved all the preseason hype this team was getting, but I also think most of the posters here were in a wait and see mode. I for one refused to buy into the hype until I saw results on the floor and as far as I'm concerned this team has played exactly 1 good half of basketball (2nd half vs Cincy) which we needed a prayer from EC to give us breathing room. I believe Dan Hurley can get us the players we need to compete for an ncaa tournament every year, but he has a long way to go in terms of coaching. I'm more surprised the son of a HOF coach is lacking in such common fundamentals, we've looked like we've never played together before in some of our offensive sets. I'm not going to even discuss the defense because I HATE how we play defense, its make the game so unwatchable at times, all we do is foul, foul, foul ... no zone, no different looks, constantly having key players go to the bench with foul trouble... so frustrating to watch and so ineffective vs skilled teams.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Terrell is our best player....hmmmm....makes sense, since he's our only 4 star recruit.......

Hassan though is awesome right now, helps to be healthy...too bad he's lonely out there in the wasteland of our frontcourt......

88, you're preaching to the choir, there's not a lot to like from the bench [that's players AND the coaching] right now.....

I said this before, DH is overmatched against better teams and coaches....he's been here 5 years and while the talent has improved, his coaching skills have not.....

I'm afraid we're going to lose more close games than we win AGAIN this season, to good teams and middling also, especially on the road....

We'll have our moments, but too many stumbles like last night, and it's hello NIT, and goodbye Rambone [from this board for a while].

Not worth the agita...and I thought the election results made me ill..........
0 x
Optimistic
Kenny Green

STC wrote:Again, I didn't say Terrell was the only one who has improved under Hurley just that his improvement from last year to this has been huge. Terrell has really elevated his game and is the best player on the team right now.

Also, I never said URI isn't going to make the tournament. They still should make the tournament and I believe they will.

Stop with the straw man arguments optimist.
I was talking to people who are saying Hurley is a bad coach w/ the second part, not you.

I feel like Terrell had a five game span last season in A10 play where he played pretty similar to how he's playing now. As great as he's playing, I haven't seen anything new. If he sustains this for a long stretch, then absolutely he's made huge strides.

In response to Shinze, I agree for the most part. The second half against Cinci was by far our best basketball. We've looked pretty mediocre the rest of the time, and we're 5-2. I can live with that as long as we start to improve from here.

In regards to Rokas Gustys, the guy is a walking statistical anomaly. This season he's grabbed 41.6% of rebounds available to him (!), but he's pretty much a non-factor offensively. I would love to have a guy with his rebounding skills but his free throw shooting would drive me bananas.
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
josephski
Tom Garrick

Optimistic wrote:

Same old Rhody!!!

It's not about wanting Reischel back at URI, it's the fact that Hurley obviously couldn't get the most out of Reischel when he was here. Hurley trys to micromanage guys and it hurts some guys more than it helps.

When Terrell first came here his shooting was suspect and he wasn't great at driving to the basket like some expected. Him and Garrett are the only ones who actually improved the parts of their game that needed improvement. Martin has improved at the rate one might expect. He never really developed a mid range jumper like some were hoping for and his ball handling hasn't improved much either. EC actually regressed slightly from his freshman to sophomore year and now this year is beginning to look like a disaster.

Win Saturday against PC and we're back on track but still need to see some consistency to know just how good this team is. The question still remains whether this team is capable of consistently playing like we did in the second half of the cincy game or if that will be the best we play all season.
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Don't mention that Gustys averages 14 rebounds a game, or shoots 52% from the field.
Don't mention that he plays hard nosed defense, is fundamentally sound, and busts his ass every game.
Last year he averaged 13.5 ppg and 13.0 rpg.
Yeah, who'd want that?
Gotta love it.Cherry pick one bad (admittedly horrid) stat and base a judgement on the player's
entire game on it.
Whatever.
Last edited by rodfromcranston 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I've seen him play....we could use him in our thin frontcourt, even at the higher A10 level, he would be an asset...

The FT shooting is wild, though....probably would have to take him out the last 2 minutes of a close game though...teams would foul him because they know he can't make them.....of course with our late games issues with FT's, would it matter much?
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:Don't mention that Gustys averages 14 rebounds a game, or shoots 52% from the field.
Don't mention that he plays hard nosed defense, is fundamentally sound, and busts his ass every game.
Last year he averaged 13.5 ppg and 13.0 rpg.
Yeah, who'd want that?
Gotta love it.Cherry pick one bad (admittedly horrid) stat and base a judgement on the player's
entire game on it.
Whatever.
Big Rokas would average 1.7 points and 2.3 rebounds per game in the A10. Whatever.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I just don't get how this team had zero swagger for this game. Sr/Jr led experienced team came out like that???? Mind boggling. I was expecting alot more, but I expected alot more last year too. The excuse of a first road game is weak. This team has been on the road plenty. It's not like they are freshmen. And it wasn't just this game, Brown and Belmont were the same. Did anybody else get that same feeling in the first 2 minutes???? Like this is not what I expected?
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

This team doesn't seem to have a floor leader....no self motivation....they just aren't on the same page a lot of times...and that's what's really mind boggling....what are they doing in practice?

They do not play with intensity most of the time...again they play down to their opponents...especially on the road...we will struggle against markedly inferior teams in conference that way.....and when games get close, the gag reflex takes over...coach and players together.

Sounds bad, but it's the truth. And we all know it......and the blame imo mostly lies with the staff.....when you're afraid to make mistakes, that's when you'll make them, and at the worse possible times.....zero confidence
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

The every five minute rambone rants have started early this season. We got it rambone. Loud and clear.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Don't worry RJ...it will end soon if we cough it up Saturday....not going to lose any more sleep over this......seriously
1 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

We all take the losses hard. But at the end of the day it's a game. You'll be ok.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I don't think it's as much of the loss as it is how the team's demeanor was. Seemed like they didn't even want to play. From the start. If that game was a true rock fight, maybe the dialogue would be different. But it wasn't.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Wonder if all is right in RhodyLand? As in Dan's relationships with his players...some might not be happy the way they're being used...or not used....

His teams have almost always played hard, even if not very well at times.....they should have plenty of motivation and intensity this Saturday...or something is really wrong.....

And RJ, you're right...not good to get too wound up in this....I was kind of expecting us to lose anyway....it IS a game...and we've gotten used to losing for so long.....
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

"Big Rokas would average 1.7 points and 2.3 rebounds per game in the A10. Whatever."
Bullshit. A-10 isn't anything special.
Stick to making signs.
3 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:"Big Rokas would average 1.7 points and 2.3 rebounds per game in the A10. Whatever."
Bullshit. A-10 isn't anything special.
Stick to making signs.
Oh Rod, don't hurt my feelings. :cry:
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

This is Cooley's 6th year at PC. 3 NCAAT and an NIT. This is Hurley's 5th year at URI. 1 NIT which no one went to. Makes you wonder. Hell, 5 more years of this and we just gave birth to Baron again. With less NIT appearances.
2 x
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Jay, you made the mistake of insulting a big man in Rod's presence. If Rod were a coach his team would be all 6'10" and taller.

And I agree, theblueram, Dan Hurley is essentially Jim Baron 2.0. Sad.
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rokas is a baddass player.
I've watched him have 20 rebound games! And 15 rebound games against P5's!
He would do WONDERS for us.
And we wanted a grocery bagger instead!
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Also, Jim Barons teams were pretty damned good on offense a lot of the time... they did in fact put da bawl in da baskit.
Now don't forget we won nothing but close games 2 years ago. Just not the ones that mattered most...
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Everyone would be screaming for him to be run out of town because of his foul shooting... 5-27.. Seventeen percent!

I actually like Rokas too.. I just wanted to get under Rod's skin.
b027_bush_mission_accomplished_2050081722-7750.jpg
b027_bush_mission_accomplished_2050081722-7750.jpg (45.92 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
Last edited by RoadyJay 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x