GoLocalProv Garbage Attacks URI

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

GoLocalProv Garbage Attacks URI

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Hey Danny, Stop Whining, Start Coaching, and This URI Team Might Matter

No name on it.. Cowards

Jump to this post to read the article via screen shot:
http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?p=297612#p297612
Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Re: Garbage GoLocalProv article

Unread post by Section104 »

The Post Script is hilarious...ummm probably has something to do with their loss earlier in the week. What a troll job.

Post Script: Duke was actually so unimpressive in Sunday's double-digit win over the Rams that they lost the #1 ranking despite just playing a rotation of five players and two bench players who combined for 12 minutes. Duke fell to #6.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

An opinion piece without a byline? That's as bush as you can get. (Not to mention he's wrong. Every coach works the refs.)
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I was just about to post this. Did we watch different games? I didnt really notice Dan talking to refs at all.

this article was garbage
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Sunday was the first time I've seen Duke play in person. No one works the refs harder than Coach K. Made Dan appear to be a Monk.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I love it. Bolsters the fact that URI v PC matters to both sides. PC down looking up at URI this year and they are putting this troll job out a few weeks before the matchup.

Look at the after market prices on the URI v PC ticket.... no rivalry my ass.

pick up game on Smith street? give away there?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Section104
Art Stephenson

The one retweet was Alex Simeone, contributor for Scoutfriars.com, possible contributor for Go Local Prov.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

They are right about the out of bounds plays...but that was about it.....the rest was a load of crap.......
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

rambone 78 wrote:They are right about the out of bounds plays...but that was about it.....the rest was a load of crap.......
We beat a top 25 team 24 hours prior with an inbounds play designed to get our best player wide open for 3. It worked.
3 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

It's almost like whoever wrote this waited until we actually won a big game this year to publish the article. All the problems they listed are ones we've seen in previous seasons but not so much this year. Also the line about Duke is so freakin stupid. Even Duke fans were impressed with how they played against us and the drop in ranking was mainly due to their loss against Kansas.
0 x
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

Someone screenshot the article, post the picture and delete the link. That hack site doesn't deserve the clicks
5 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

My reply to this swill:

Who is the jackass that wrote this pap?
How about telling your BS to Dan's face?
This is one of the most asinine articles ever, by
a clown hiding behind a keyboard, writing for a 5th rate site.
URI in NOT historically mediocre, but an idiot like you likely goes back 10 years at best in Ram history.
Oh, and Duke fell to 6th, because they lost to Kansas.
Got that Mister Anonymous Moron?
Last edited by rodfromcranston 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

rodfromcranston wrote:My reply to this swill:

Who is the jackass that wrote this pap?
How about telling your BS to Dan's face?
URI in NOT historically mediocre, but an idiot like you likely goes back 10 years at best in Ram history.
Oh, and Duke fell to 6th, because they lost to Kansas.
Got that Mister Anonymous Moron?
Rod's back in form!
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Section104 wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:They are right about the out of bounds plays...but that was about it.....the rest was a load of crap.......
We beat a top 25 team 24 hours prior with an inbounds play designed to get our best player wide open for 3. It worked.
That was one very good (make that awesome oob play). I didn't/won't read the article, but that long pass from under the basket into the back court has got to go...way too risky. All I can think of is K Dunn with the steal ...

Edit: OK...I went back and read it. There's no kinda doosher like a Sackless Anonymous Doosher... :roll:
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Shut up, John Rooke.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

This is someone desperate for website traffic who knows we all will want to see that pathetic "article." Honestly believe it was written by someone with the writing ability of a 4th grader....if that.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I stopped reading GoLocalProv about a year ago because of the generally poor quality and "Enquirer" like approach on many subjects beyond sports. Don't waste your time with the site and don't give it any clicks
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

At extreme risk of getting flamed by many of you I'm gonna say it.

This years PC game is the biggest for us in recent history. Bigger than any other I can recall.

Huge! Our weak and fickle fan base uses this game as the main indicator of success or failure.

Not so big for them this year but PC followers know it is huge for us. They are going to troll us till the cows come home. Click on this crap and you give them the power.

Ignore......

and win the game please.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

57, you are dead on......if we don't beat them this year....really?

TP, I doubt even Rooke would stoop that low.....
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Pretty week journalism when someone's name is not attached to it. Zero credibility. Seems like some anonymous person with an axe to grind on Hurley. Not really even worth discussion.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

My favorite part of this article is I'm pretty sure Hurley doesn't even have a bench warning this year unless I missed one against Cincinnati. He has one warning for being outside the coach's box. He's made a concerted effort of walking away from the refs in the heat of the moment and only talking to them about a call until after he's cooled down
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

That article is so bad I feel I have to write a bad review on whatever company paid Golocal to advertise on that page just to even things out.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

For the record, John Rooke doesn't write for Go Local.
Actually, (I'll duck after writing this) John is really good guy.
I like him, and his knowledge goes far beyond sports.
2 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Horrible garbage from a piece of shit news source. Definitely written by a 10 year old or someone with similar intelligence.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

The coach's box warning in the Brown game was actually from Coach ARD.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Trash. I wouldn't be surprised is Josh Fenton, the owner, wrote it himself. It's too bad because he was a URI grad. Instead of pushing out anything worthy of journalism the put out these trash, clickbait articles. I've heard from a few different colleagues that they will pitch you on buying advertisements and if you don't do it they will write articles trashing you.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I don't know Rooke other than listening to him...and maybe he is a doosh, but I can't imagine he'd be "sacklessly anonymous" like that? Would he?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

So a few things after some review. Rooke's radio show is no longer sponsored by GoLocal from what I can gather. It's now called Sports Saturday or something generic.

Also he hasn't written anything for golocal in a long time.

I was wrong to jump the gun with my tweet that since has been deleted.

GoLocalProv is a cesspool and perhaps Rooke get out early when it was clear what direction they were headed.
Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I agree with Rod on Rooke...nice guy...but PC centric of course.....
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I was just kidding about Rooke. Didn't mean to start a thing.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

In my opinion, the article was definitely written by a person that has a bias, but the writer made valid points about Rhody's offensive struggles...the inbounds, the plays after time outs, etc...

I love Dan, but he still struggles to draw up good plays when Rhody absolutely has to get a basket. Rhody trying to inbound the ball is still more of a challenge than it should be. I don't see other teams struggle with this half as much as Rhody does. I was still proud of the performance Rhody put in against Duke.

The Post Script about Duke dropping in the rankings because they were unimpressive against Rhody was clearly a statement made in poor taste and completely inaccurate. Duke dropped in the rankings because of their loss to Kansas and I thought Duke played really well against URI. They fought all game and made a ton of tough shots.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Man what a hack job disgusting
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

I will also jump in and say in my opinion John Rooke and for that matter Scott Cordischi (not sure if he is also unaffiliated with GoLocal now as well) were not involved with the article. I read one or two articles from each of these guys a few years back while the Saturday morning radio show was still sponsored and the site had not completely crapped the bed, and the site made it a point to include the byline seeing as they were likely paid pretty well for the content. They were more or less agnostic about the Rams when college basketball came up on the weekend show; admittedly at that time besides Dan "improving the program" there weren't a lot of storylines to discuss.

Unfortunately GoLocal gets a big audience because the Projo is on the other extreme, in bed with the local politicians and sackless on a lot of their reporting.

But cmon, we have more powerful media members backing us than PC! Can't Christiane Amanpour troll on the PC coaches? She has nothing better to report on, right? :-)

[Full disclosure: I am going on the description of the story here and refuse to give that site an additional click.]
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Screen shot please. Don't give that hack the clicks.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

What kind of piece of shit is that...? It's incredible that you could write something like that and not put your name on it. This person must of been at different games then I watched at the Mohegan this weekend. Does Dan still bitch ? Yes he does but so doesn't every other coach. He has toned it down quite a bit from the past few seasons.So dick head what's your name ?
you-can-cover-a-piece-of-shit-in-makeup-and-inspirational-quotes-and-fool-some-ppl-but-eventually-its-gunna-smell-like-shit--01bad.png
Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Sort of like Trump?
2 x
RamFanCO19
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RamFanCO19 »

This has the smell of some bitter PC fan knowing the coverage in two weeks is going to be all about URI storming into the dunk and giving them a beating
2 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Yup, Hurley has been very reasonable to this point in his dealing with refs, I'm also not going to read the article, but gather that is one of the main points. I believe, based on my observations, that DH understands the reasons to tone it down in this regard and has. In DH's defense, even though it drove me wild when he would appear to cause backlash, the officiating is often very, very bad and if DH continues to refocus his emotions and is able to 'keep it in check', I'll be very impressed. Not that it matters what I think, but to me it shows a willingness to reflect and grow, a great quality in a person and a professional.
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Section104 wrote:The one retweet was Alex Simeone, contributor for Scoutfriars.com, possible contributor for Go Local Prov.
He un-did the retweet, then tweeted out that it wasn't him. Even called the article objectively bad. So there's that.
Last edited by SmartyBarrett 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

But he read it and retweeted it in the first place. Very suspect.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We need to beat PC by 30 in a couple of weeks. Boy, do I hate that school. Oh, and just another example of how bad the local sports media is, last night on channel 6, in the headlines they had the story of Alan Branch' s suspension. Only problem was they had a picture of Deion Branch up on the screen.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

A win by 1 on the road works just fine. They stole a win on our court last year and it still pisses me off.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Billyboy78 wrote:We need to beat PC by 30 in a couple of weeks. Boy, do I hate that school. Oh, and just another example of how bad the local sports media is, last night on channel 6, in the headlines they had the story of Alan Branch' s suspension. Only problem was they had a picture of Deion Branch up on the screen.
I like the way you think billyboy78 but I'd be shocked if game doesn't go down to wire. PC has 3 very good players.
Cooley coached teams don't roll over for anybody.

A win in the dump will be a high quality victory.

Get it done.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RamFanCO19
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RamFanCO19 »

SmartyBarrett wrote:
Section104 wrote:The one retweet was Alex Simeone, contributor for Scoutfriars.com, possible contributor for Go Local Prov.
He un-did the retweet, then tweeted out that it wasn't him. Even called the article objectively bad. So there's that.

DEF suspect.... The fact that he is even discussing it makes me think he is behind it, or had someone write it for him
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Has anybody emailed GoLocalProv explaining how much of a joke of an article it its, and how about half of the information is just 100% false?

Also, has anyone ever heard of a blindside, backside or "side" pick? How does any competent journalist use those three words when describing ways to set a pick? Just an absolute sad, pathetic, uninformed, joke of an author.
Last edited by Rhody15 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Speaking of Dan's somewhat milder demeanor so far this year, I'm guessing that Justin Su'a is not only working with the players, but also working with Dan.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Cordischi is still listed as sports editor.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

TOP.jpg
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

BOTTOM.jpg
1 x
GO RAMS
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:Cordischi is still listed as sports editor.
Right, also his lists that title on his twitter page. I would assume any complaints should head his way, as sports editor, right?

https://twitter.com/ScottCordischi
0 x