URI/Duke viewing party @ Ivy Tavern in Providence 1 p.m.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PatheticFriars
Frenchy Tomlin

URI/Duke viewing party @ Ivy Tavern in Providence 1 p.m.

Unread post by PatheticFriars »

As you guys might have seen, tickets for URI/Duke are hard to come by in quantity and pretty expensive.

Naturally, there's a Rhody watch party tomorrow and it's at the Ivy Tavern, 758 Hope St, Providence, RI 02906. C'mon down and lets pack the place.

Go Rhody
0 x
"The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs" - Jurassic Carl
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Re: URI/Duke viewing party @ Ivy Tavern in Providence 1 p.m.

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Hells yeah, there.
1 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Also thrilled that both of these top two posts are from PC hate screen names.
0 x
JakeLevin477
Jim Eitner

Unread post by JakeLevin477 »

Love it. Need to make this a statewide event
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Get down to Mohegan, we need all the help we can get with all the Dukies around..
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

CT Rhody wrote:Get down to Mohegan, we need all the help we can get with all the Dukies around..
100% crowd helped us yesterday. Need the fans today. Lot of dookies here.

It's the number 1 team in the country. No excuses.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

From the looks of the crowd near the end of the Duke-PSU game, there will be a LOT of Duke fans there...need every Rhody fan possible there...
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

There were two people sitting in front of me decked out in Duke gear.....I asked if they went to Duke....answer was no but they were big Duke fans who lived in Massachusetts.....I asked why Duke?....no real reason given...they switched from being Georgetown fans after Ewing left....I told them with all due respect and since we were at Mohegan that rooting for Duke was like rooting for the house in blackjack....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Here is my 2 cents

GET IN THE CAR AND DRIVE TO THE MOHEGAN SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tickets are $70 right now on Stub Hub. I am sure that there will be tickets posted for less than that during this morning. Bring your I-Phone and be ready to buy on the drive if you see lower than that.

For $140 you can get 2 tickets today. Heck, the tickets in the first place were that price so it's not like you are getting hosed. AND you have URI Rams versus Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 45 minutes from home. No traffic, no work, no rush hour, just GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is you can get tickets at the Arena if people have extra ones - maybe even for free if you have your URI attire on!!!!

You don't have to fly anywhere to get to this game - just drive!!!!

Yesterday was one of my greatest, most satisfying wins as a URI Basketball fan and there have been many great wins. This was the greatest win of the 21st century. But today's victory? It would be amazing, incredible, awesome, one to be talked about for the ages to children, to grandchildren, parents, grandparents, friends, co-workers................DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS POSSIBLE UNBELIEVEABLE MOMENT TO SLIP BY YOU BECAUSE YOU COULDN"T GET A TICKET AT A REASONABLE PRICE? The tickets ARE reasonably priced and could get even cheaper.

It's your decision, naturally, but please consider this has the making of one of the greatest weekends in URI Basketball History. Win or lose, I cannot wait to get to the arena today!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'd add also that the Arena has great viewing. I would rather watch a game at the Mohegan Sun arena than at the Dunk - there is not a bad seat in the place. There are plenty or horrible seats at the "built for hockey" Dunk.

One last thought..................
I saw several Providence College Fans at our game yesterday. They had on their PC shirts, jackets and hats. If they can get off the couch and get to the Mohegan Sun, even as their own team is playing Grambling State, then every URI fan needs to search the house far and wide for some money, take out a loan, do something to get your ticket on Stub Hub. and don't think for a minute that watching the game on ESPN today is anywhere near the same experience. The post game at the Mohegan Sun was awesome and may be beyond awesome today at approximately 3PM

GO RHODY!!!!
2 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I know of several people that couldn't make it yesterday, but are going today. Big day.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
PatheticFriars
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by PatheticFriars »

To be frank, to drop 70-100 bucks really isn't a option for me right now. 20-30 I can do (which I did yesterday) and as much as I'd love to chirp Coach K my bank account won't let me. So this is the best option for me and I'm sure there are other people in similar situations
0 x
"The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs" - Jurassic Carl