Game 5: #1 Duke 11/20 - Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament Final - Mohegan Sun (ESPN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Game 5: #1 Duke 11/20 - Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament Final - Mohegan Sun (ESPN)

Unread post by TruePoint »

Duke tomorrow
Last edited by TruePoint 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
urirx
ARD

Re: Game #5 Duke

Unread post by urirx »

I have zero real insight to offer in this game. Based on the crowd, we are going to have a duke uri pretty even split, or maybe even a uri edge. Can't wait to be in my nosebleed seat!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Re: Game 5: #1 Duke 11/20 - Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament Final - Mohegan Sun (ESPN)

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Cannot wait !! Gravy!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: Game 5: #1 Duke 11/20 - Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament Final - Mohegan Sun (ESPN)

Unread post by adam914 »

I love this.

1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Game 5: #1 Duke 11/20 - Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament Final - Mohegan Sun (ESPN)

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

with the injuries they have...why not us? Lets go knock them around and take it
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

House money tomorrow (fitting venue). Let's go put our flag in the ground.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Just snagged a couple $10 seats! Can't believe there were still some available.

Can't wait to see this game live!!!
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Time to make a statement.
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ramswin
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ramswin »

"I'll get in trouble probably for saying it. Like the Atlantic 10, they're a really good conference. I hear people saying there are six teams in there. Come on. I mean, they're good, but put them in our conference and go through the meat grinder that our conference has to go through...."

Remember this diss from Coach K a few years ago? I would love for these words to come back and haunt him tomorrow.
3 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

STC wrote:Just snagged a couple $10 seats! Can't believe there were still some available.

Where did you find the $10 tickets?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramswin wrote:"I'll get in trouble probably for saying it. Like the Atlantic 10, they're a really good conference. I hear people saying there are six teams in there. Come on. I mean, they're good, but put them in our conference and go through the meat grinder that our conference has to go through...."

Remember this diss from Coach K a few years ago? I would love for these words to come back and haunt him tomorrow.
Good find. Put that on the old bulletin board tomorrow. Defend the conference!
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Tom98 wrote:
STC wrote:Just snagged a couple $10 seats! Can't believe there were still some available.

Was able to snag on Ticketmaster but they were going quick. Lost out on them the first time but kept refreshing and a couple more popped up. Looks like everything reasonable is gone now.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I'm guessing Jarvis won't play tomorrow, or will be limited at best....

Might actually be an advantage for us, Stan is bigger and can match up better with Duke's big guards.....and play better D...I'm not knocking JG at all when I say that.....

If Allen isn't 100% tomorrow, we've got a great chance to pull a shocker imo.......
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

What's up with the 3 Duke freshmen who have been hurt. Did any of them play today?
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

various injuries. none of them played. after allen got hurt, Duke pretty much went with the 5 on the floor. If we find some good rest tonight and play some tight D.. well.. hopefully the non home game will be something special
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Scoring on Cinci today is tougher than scoring on Duke tmrw..

Ive seen UNC play at DUKE and understand what their program is, but all Duke teams are not created equal.

This should be good. Have to guard against their hot shooting + Jefferson's tenacity. If you do a good job with that stuff then things look very good. But 2-4 of their shooters, if they hit 1? They can hit 6 more.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

anyone see the line?
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

FOR US OLDTIMERS, THIS IS A REVENGE GAME!
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/box ... -duke.html
Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Don't forget 88 too, McRam
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Dave O'Brien and Vitale are calling the game tomorrow.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Chase Jeter went down with an ankle injury and didn't return for them. It's looking like they will be without 4 guys now and Greyson Allen is still hurt....
We may actually be favored...
1 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Brutal video but funny. Dicky V thinks "Rhode Island is the real deal"
Last edited by Ram1019 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Joe
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Joe »

Billyboy78 wrote:Dave O'Brien and Vitale are calling the game tomorrow.
Vitale is going to do nothing but hype up Duke tomorrow. It's gonna drive all of us watching on TV crazy
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

STC wrote:
Tom98 wrote:

Was able to snag on Ticketmaster but they were going quick. Lost out on them the first time but kept refreshing and a couple more popped up. Looks like everything reasonable is gone now.
That doesn't sound right.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Unread post by Optimistic »

He's actually been talking up URI.
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

No matter how this goes, their Top 3 RPI all year is going to be linked to us. Thank you Duke. I hope we smack you back to Durham tomorrow.

Revenge for 78, 88, 08.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Guys. I'm too drunk to read this. I don't care.reform mich st aND the wife are getti MG after it. Love the tamd. Love you all. Fuck it let go and win some shit. GO RHODY DFUKO
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Couldn't have said it better Blue Man!
1 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Haha drunk posting! Blue, drink some water, take an advil and hit the sack, need you up and active tomorrow at 1P!!! oh and you'll need to find a Del's Lemonade in the morning to replenish your body's sugar needs. And from reading your post, I'm thinking sleep with one foot on the floor. That's Dr. Running Ram's prescribed course of action.
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Rhody is no Penn State. I think URI has a good chance of winning this game. Unfortunately, in games like this I feel like Rhody always gets hosed by the officials. Let's hope the officials have some balls tomorrow, so they can make the tough calls against Duke. I still remember the end of the NIT game against UNC when Ulmer was tripped/grabbed by a UNC player, but because it was lowly Rhody vs. a Roy Williams team, the officials swallowed their whistles.
Anyone have the phone number for Roger Williams Park Zoo?
I need to call them to let them know that three zebras may need a new home after tomorrow.
2 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think we will be right in this game they are banged up and we are hungry to make a statement
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote:Guys. I'm too drunk to read this. I don't care.reform mich st aND the wife are getti MG after it. Love the tamd. Love you all. Fuck it let go and win some shit. GO RHODY DFUKO
In the words of the late, great Colonel Sanders, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Get yourself all the red Gatorade, we need you today.
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Blue Man wrote:Guys. I'm too drunk to read this. I don't care.reform mich st aND the wife are getti MG after it. Love the tamd. Love you all. Fuck it let go and win some shit. GO RHODY DFUKO
Seems about right. Woke up on the floor. This room smells like a cigarette orgy. Don't care.

What a fucking day. Let's get ready for a better one.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Blue Man wrote:
Seems about right. Woke up on the floor. This room smells like a cigarette orgy. Don't care.

What a fucking day. Let's get ready for a better one.
Bloody Mary kick-starter and you should be fine.
1 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

I have an extra ticket to the game today. Send me a PM if anyone is interested. Just hoping to get the $19 I paid for it. Thanks

EDIT: TAKEN
Last edited by rhodylocal 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

The Dude wrote:Rhody is no Penn State. I think URI has a good chance of winning this game. Unfortunately, in games like this I feel like Rhody always gets hosed by the officials. Let's hope the officials have some balls tomorrow, so they can make the tough calls against Duke. I still remember the end of the NIT game against UNC when Ulmer was tripped/grabbed by a UNC player, but because it was lowly Rhody vs. a Roy Williams team, the officials swallowed their whistles.
I need to call them to let them know that three zebras may need a new home after tomorrow.
Everybody who plays Dook gets hosed by the officials. Fortunately, our game against Cincinnati was good practice for playing five against eight.

Danny Ferry is still a punk.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

This will be another close game at the end I think....just have to pray that the refs don't give us the finger as has always happened when we play Duke....
0 x
Ashcat
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ashcat »

A row of about ten seats just opened up at face value. Rhody fans should grab them. Lets be loud. Our time is now! See you at 1:00.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/basketball- ... A3D0B82EA8
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

We open as 8 point dogs. I likey.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
The Dude wrote:Rhody is no Penn State. I think URI has a good chance of winning this game. Unfortunately, in games like this I feel like Rhody always gets hosed by the officials. Let's hope the officials have some balls tomorrow, so they can make the tough calls against Duke. I still remember the end of the NIT game against UNC when Ulmer was tripped/grabbed by a UNC player, but because it was lowly Rhody vs. a Roy Williams team, the officials swallowed their whistles.
Everybody who plays Dook gets hosed by the officials. Fortunately, our game against Cincinnati was good practice for playing five against eight.

Danny Ferry is still a punk.

Agree 100%
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

I see URI is an 8 point underdog. I thought it would be a few points higher. Jarvis must be playing. Good respect, Penn St was 18 or 19 pt. dog. Cincinnati on the other hand is 8 1/2 pt favorite over PSU
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

Logic and reasoning say that I should be in bed nursing a crippling hangover after yesterday's win, but I've got so much adrenaline running through my body now that I am 100% ready to go for this game.

If we can set the tempo and play fast today, we 'll have a great chance to win. With Duke being short-handed, we could really tire their guys out if we play up-tempo and use some of our depth to keep guys fresh.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhode Island vs Duke All-time
Duke leads the series 3-0
Total Series Point Differential: 5 points

1978 63-62 NCAA 1st Round
1988 73-72 NCAA Sweet-16
2008 82-79 Cameron Indoor Stadium
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Better hope the refs aren't the three judges who
screwed over Sergei Kovalev, last night.
Duke always get the calls, regardless of where they're playing.
In 1988, they let POY Danny Ferry, pretty much do whatever
he wanted.
They also took the great Kenny Green out of the game,
with some bad foul calls.
This isn't paranoia, but fact, and something we all know.
So, to beat Duke, you have to play that much better.
Wonder what shape Jarvis will be in? He's a tough kid.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote:Rhode Island vs Duke All-time
Duke leads the series 3-0
Total Series Point Differential: 5 points

1978 63-62 NCAA 1st Round
1988 73-72 NCAA Sweet-16
2008 82-79 Cameron Indoor Stadium
78 and 88 were two of the most heartbreaking losses, along with Stanford and maybe a couple of others, in our history. I believe we had a legit shot at the final 4 in both of those years. Would love a W today. That still wouldn't take the sting out of those losses, but it would still feel great.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This needs to be Jay's next sign!
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

As good as Allen is, I think the combination of Jared and Stan can do a job on him, hounding him all day.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

rodfromcranston wrote:Better hope the refs aren't the three judges who
screwed over Sergei Kovalev, last night.
Duke always get the calls, regardless of where they're playing.
In 1988, they let POY Danny Ferry, pretty much do whatever
he wanted.
They also took the great Kenny Green out of the game,
with some bad foul calls.
This isn't paranoia, but fact, and something we all know.
So, to beat Duke, you have to play that much better.
Wonder what shape Jarvis will be in? He's a tough kid.
Rod, let's call a spade a spade. Ferry took a cheap shot at Kenny, Kenny defended himself and they kicked Kenny out. Ferry had just seen Kenny destroy Rony Seikaly and Derrick Coleman and knew he couldn't stop him legally, so there was only one thing he could do.

Danny Ferry is a punk.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.