Go Rhody!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Go Rhody!

Unread post by giovanni »

Old time fan here. Old guys will remember me. Rod era. Anyway, I love this team. Danny Hurley has exceeded my expectations, but delivered what I thought was possible. Bad game tonight, but Brown always seems to play Rams or PC tough and then go 6 and 8 in Ivy League.
Anyway, Hassan is an absolute beast, monster, whatever term you want to use. EC, well, young man is back and back big time. Jared is living up to and surpassing his hype or rating. Jarvis is most underrated player in A 10 if not nation. KI.....maybe more talented than all. Yep. Bench, wow. NA and CT like i thought last year, may not come as heralded as some, but will have as big of an impact on the programs success and any. Stan Robinson, are you kidding me, a steal. Wish we would have had him 2 years ago. Frosh. Yes, Cyril is very nice, got so much potential to be very special. Jeff Dowtin has so much skill and basketball acumen . Mike L and Mike T so glad to have. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. All great kids as well as great talents. Danny has done something special, so enjoy. I know I am enjoying the most I have in 20 years. Actually close to 40. I may not have much of a life, but have always loved Rhody basketball.
Cincy fans, much respect, this team will eat you up Saturday. Then Duke? We'll see then. I know one thing, our coach may be young, but he has the gonzongas ( don't think that's a real word) to challenge the great Coach K.
And btw, guy next to me comparing some of our guys to Lamar . Sorry, let's not get carried away, please. Collectively maybe better than most teams, but not many ever to step foot in this state as a player compare to Lamar. My favorite 3: Sly, Pappy, Lamar
1 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Re: Go Rhody!

Unread post by giovanni »

BTW, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention ARD. Always a pleasure to see on the bench. Besides being one of the all time great players in URI history and on everyone's favorite list, just a class, intelligent , great guy you want on your side and to represent the program.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Enjoyed your comments Giovanni!
I love this team too. I love what Dan Hurley has built here.
Exciting times for URI basketball
DH has this team 3-0, nationally ranked and entered into the most talented Thankgiving Tournament in the nation and just a short drive from our home state
Enjoy the ride
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Hey Gio good to hear from you. Don't be a stranger!
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Welcome back Gio!
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL