Projo Coverage of URI - Conversation with Sports Editor Bill Corey

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: Projo Coverage of URI - Conversation with Sports Editor Bill Corey

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

In other words, Swofford tried to destroy a conference that was doing its utmost to destroy another conference.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Swofford wasn't trying to destroy a conference, the Big East was destroying itself because the football and basketball only schools had different agendas. He just gave the football schools a home
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

So I've noticed that ever since HASwatteam made that call to Kevin at projo along with anyone else who called (including myself) that uri is finally getting respect. Maybe it worked after all, great to see to States Universirty getting the largest portion of the sports page in the states largest newspaper, like it should be.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:So I've noticed that ever since HASwatteam made that call to Kevin at projo along with anyone else who called (including myself) that uri is finally getting respect. Maybe it worked after all, great to see to States Universirty getting the largest portion of the sports page in the states largest newspaper, like it should be.
PC had a late game. It wasn't covered in today's paper.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Let us just worry about winning the games we should and stealing a couple we should'nt....the press thing will eventually come around...
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:So I've noticed that ever since HASwatteam made that call to Kevin at projo along with anyone else who called (including myself) that uri is finally getting respect. Maybe it worked after all, great to see to States Universirty getting the largest portion of the sports page in the states largest newspaper, like it should be.
PC had a late game. It wasn't covered in today's paper.
I'm speaking to the previous game they had as well
0 x
GO RAMS
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

I don't think Projo had anyone in FL to cover the Providence tournament, most notably their recent game with #8 Virginia. Must have been busy covering High School sports instead.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

There was an NCAA soccer match for PC last night vs Creighton that decided who goes to the Elite 8 which might explain the lack of coverage for the Virginia game in FL.

A big rematch game from the big east tournament. I must say that soccer team is very impressive.
Last edited by Ram1019 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

OR we won a game against a ranked team and played competitive against the #1 team in the country and finally put a justification to the number next to our name.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote:
OR we won a game against a ranked team and played competitive against the #1 team in the country and finally put a justification to the number next to our name.
Which solidified our Top 25 ranking.
I find it very hard to believe that a few phone calls and emails changed what goes on the front page of the sports section.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Just win baby. All this stuff will take care of itself.
1 x