Feedback from the AD desk

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Feedback from the AD desk

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

So I reached out to Thorr to get his feedback on the current marketing strategy, and he responded the very next morning. He also cc'd the Assistant AD (Ryan Majercik) who then piggybacked Thorr's response with some additional feedback. I've posted copies of their responses below in case anybody is interrested.

I love how responsive these guys are, and how receptive they are to all the suggestions and ideas that are put forth. It emphasizes their level of commitment to the program and shows they truly care about the fan base as a whole.

Thorr's response:

Great to hear from you Rob. I have copied our Assistant AD Ryan Majercik on this email so he can reach out and fill you in on our marketing strategy. Obviously with limited resources we have to be very calculated in our messaging and our strategy quite often is to hit home runs. Let's make sure that we can get as many of our high profile games sold out especially those on national tv which is the responsibility for the entire A10. It only enhances our fantastic league.

Best of luck and hope to see you Friday. Go Rhody!!!!

Thorr

Ryan's response:

Hi Rob-

Thanks for reaching out. We're all looking forward to a big season and to Friday night in particular.

As Thorr indicated, we have to be very strategic with our marketing plan to get the most out of the limited resources that we have. We are running TV ads during select times throughout the year and have some billboard spots planned as well. That said, we have invested mostly into digital commercials, mobile spots and social media advertising. We get the greatest return on investment with those platforms because of their ability to reach specifically the types of people we feel are most likely to attend our games.

We have seen a 30% increase in our season ticket base over the last two seasons and our mini plan sales are on pace to break last year's record-setting total. The young alumni season ticket section, which we introduced this year to help keep our recent graduates engaged, is nearing capacity. There is no doubt our fan base is growing and we'll continue pushing strategically to keep it that way.

Thanks again for your feedback and your support of URI. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions. See you on Friday evening.

Go Rhody!

Ryan
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Feedback from the AD desk

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Great replies. Makes sense. They have to be smart with their resources.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It's too bad that resources are so limited.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

We can all help by giving to the RAMS Fund. One way is to set up recurring payments off a credit card.

Imagine if just 100 fans set up a $25 monthly donation, that would be $30,000 revenue annually for the department to do deeper and wider media campaigns.

1000 fans would be $300,000 each year. It adds up very quickly and would mean so much to this program.

Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

That's a great reply, and though I would love a more robust plan within traditional media they have to make choices and it seems those choices are returning value. Go Rhody!
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

As the team wins more and attendance increases so will the marketing budget (in addition to donations)
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

twisted3829 wrote:As the team wins more and attendance increases so will the marketing budget (in addition to donations)
In addition to tons of money for a sweet 16 run...
0 x