Interview with Gilvydas Biruta

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Interview with Gilvydas Biruta

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

Talked with Gilvydas today. Had to do it earlier so sorry for the couple of questions I couldn't see in time. This isn't some deep basketball interview, just a fun chat to get us back in the mood for Rhody Hoops! Hopefully the first of several installments. He looks good, seems happy. Skype as always fades once or twice, but here he is!

Original post:

Hey folks!

Some guy who thinks he knows something about Rhody basketball will take a look at the upcoming season, and update us on what he's up to...

So is there a question you always wanted to ask Gilvydas Biruta?!?

Hurry though I interview him at Noon tomorrow.

As you know he's a great guy, met him here in Tucson a couple of years ago. It will be a fun interview, so even 'wacky' questions will be considered.

Just post the questions and I'll read this forum before I call him. Thanks, and sorry if this is posted in a bad place, feel free to delete it after some questions are submitted...wish I had more notice for you all.

jim
Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: Questions for Gilvydas? (quick!)

Unread post by adam914 »

Very cool, make sure to let him know the Rhody fans still love him! Will be cool to hear what he's up to and how he likes playing in the different leagues he has been in since graduating. And ask him what his favorite 2Pac song is. There is a correct answer...

Would be curious to hear how often him and Dan speak to each other now.
Last edited by adam914 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Ask him how the pro teams he plays against stack up against the best teams he faced while a Ram.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

if or how often he is in touch with former teammates. if he ever plans on swinging by campus, when he's in our part of the world. What was his favorite off-campus food joint/menu item (Albie's cheese fries?) And how about his favorite gourmet Butterfield Dining Hall meal? I was always a fan of the fried provolone that they got away with serving as an entree back in my day.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

What's the most extravagant purchase he's made now that he's a pro?
1 x
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

Please ask him if he still follows the team, and if so what does he expect for this year? Also, What does he miss most, and what does he miss least about playing for URI?
0 x
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Re: Interview with Gilvydas Biruta

Guys still learning the new forum lol the interview is in my first post that started this thread. Any other past URI folks you'd like me to try to Skype just ask.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Thanks, Jim, for making this interview happen!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Thanks ATP,

Not exactly deep stuff but Gilvydas is such a nice guy to deal with the next one should be better. Great win BTW!!!! And congrats on the site.
0 x