New uniforms?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: New uniforms?

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Whatever unis they win in...look the best.
1 x
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

Ramulous wrote:I think Adidas has run out of money.....we may have to use uniforms from last year....
Some of the stuff I read on this forum absolutely blows my mind. This couldn't be any further from the truth. During the course of FY17 Adidas actually hit a high in the U.S. market and overtook Jordan Brand as the #2 sportswear company.

Read about it yourself: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 6814c370eb

Meanwhile Under Armour is crashing faster than any other brand in its market segment... and I see several comments on this board hoping that we would enter into a contract with them. Please, God, no. If we leave Adidas, it should only be for the swoosh... but the fact of the matter is, Adidas has more to offer to a school of our size at this point than Nike would.
2 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

the_one_mike wrote:
Ramulous wrote:I think Adidas has run out of money.....we may have to use uniforms from last year....
Some of the stuff I read on this forum absolutely blows my mind. This couldn't be any further from the truth. During the course of FY17 Adidas actually hit a high in the U.S. market and overtook Jordan Brand as the #2 sportswear company.

Read about it yourself: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 6814c370eb

Meanwhile Under Armour is crashing faster than any other brand in its market segment... and I see several comments on this board hoping that we would enter into a contract with them. Please, God, no. If we leave Adidas, it should only be for the swoosh... but the fact of the matter is, Adidas has more to offer to a school of our size at this point than Nike would.
Ramulous was making a joke due to the FBI investigation, obviously Adidas has enough money to supply us with new uniforms.
3 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Thanks to josephski.....at least one member here got the joke.....I will strive to get funnier in the future...
6 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Good luck, Ramulous, in your continuing quest to bring smart, subtle humor to Keaney Blue!!
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Many women claim that I am quite funny to look at......and that the further away from them I am the better I look.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Adidas up 31% YoY in Q3 compared to -12% for Under Armour and -3% for Nike. Not a bad partnership to have right now.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Ramulous wrote:Many women claim that I am quite funny to look at......and that the further away from them I am the better I look.....
Being married 12 times will do that to a guy lol....

Myself I'm still looking for another future ex wife.....
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Liked the look of the FB unis tonight. Hoping the MBB unis have a similar theme this year, I like the idea of incorporating the anchor into the design - it's classic RI imagery and has a good "hope" metaphor too.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I love the anchor and suits RI well as it is the states flag, but I worry people will also confuse it with Rhode Island College "Anchorman".
0 x
GO RAMS
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

I hear ya. In fact, I'm weirdly pretty sure I've seen RIC gear using the classic Rhody interlocked "RI", but with their colors (red and...yellow/gold?). Maybe if we keep it blue and don't have that marvel comics looking "anchorman" guy we can "franchise" it?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Puck Frovidence wrote: 5 years ago I hear ya. In fact, I'm weirdly pretty sure I've seen RIC gear using the classic Rhody interlocked "RI", but with their colors (red and...yellow/gold?). Maybe if we keep it blue and don't have that marvel comics looking "anchorman" guy we can "franchise" it?
You’re right actually, I think their baseball team used the RI, lol who knows
0 x
GO RAMS
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

New regime so I do hope new uniforms are a must this year.

I will continually maintain that we should be consistent with a school font and consistency across all uniforms and all school official merchandise.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago New regime so I do hope new uniforms are a must this year.

I will continually maintain that we should be consistent with a school font and consistency across all uniforms and all school official merchandise.
On top of all that our "Keaney" blue is inconsistent as well. Most of the light blue is different shades. Didn't we stop using the actual keaney blue at some point? The light blue now is not the keaney that we were in like 98.
Bring that back along with everything you said
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago New regime so I do hope new uniforms are a must this year.
I understand the sentiment, but they’re building on something, not trying to cut ties with it. They’ve kept things in the program remarkably similar, even with the changes in staff. They’re recruiting the same-investing time and building relationships, only now there’s again recent tournament appearances and wins to tout.

I’ve never loved the shorts, so would be fine with something different, but the players chose them. And, as long as they have to be with Adidas, at least they became a priority program with some options. So much improvement in the last few years, not just with the uniforms but also with the related gear.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Let the kids pick the uniforms and shoes from the Adidas line of premier gear....whatever they pick is fine with me....
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ramulous wrote: 5 years ago Let the kids pick the uniforms and shoes from the Adidas line of premier gear....whatever they pick is fine with me....
Being old school, I like when everyone on the team wears the same color shoes (that are white and the school colors). We all can dream.

I love the Keaney blue or light blue uniforms. They worked well last year vs PC.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
Ramulous wrote: 5 years ago Let the kids pick the uniforms and shoes from the Adidas line of premier gear....whatever they pick is fine with me....
Being old school, I like when everyone on the team wears the same color shoes (that are white and the school colors). We all can dream.

I love the Keaney blue or light blue uniforms. They worked well last year vs PC.
Thank you! I can't stand when someone has some random pink sneakers, throws off the uniforms. Same sneakers should be mandatory.
1 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago

Thank you! I can't stand when someone has some random pink sneakers, throws off the uniforms. Same sneakers should be mandatory.

Disagree on the sneakers, I like the variety. I pay attention to shoes (obviously) and I don't think I've ever really seen any two guys wear the same sneakers during a game.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

The team is issued Adidas basketball shoes with school colors which most do wear. Not a HUGE deal, but just my opinion.
1 x
GO RAMS
RhodyNJ
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RhodyNJ »

Looks like the same unis as the last few seasons. I've got no problem with that, they look good. Don't remember the last time we had the same uniforms for 3-4 seasons in a row.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RhodyNJ wrote: 5 years ago Looks like the same unis as the last few seasons. I've got no problem with that, they look good. Don't remember the last time we had the same uniforms for 3-4 seasons in a row.

Maybe 2005/06 season through 2007/08?

I think we used two different unis in 05/06.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I wish they wore the Keaney Blue version more. IG stories from the Fr show the white and dark blue in their lockers. Last year at home vs PC is the Keaney Blue uniforms was special.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

That graphic on the shorts though I just can’t get used to it.
0 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

In general, I’m glad they moved toward the navy as the primary road jersey. I don’t hate the Keaney ones, but maybe just use them for certain games (like PC) like how Norte Dame used to wear green sometimes. Aesthetically, I love the navy with keaney in the trim.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I love the navy ones as well very sharp
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

RhodyNJ wrote: 5 years ago Looks like the same unis as the last few seasons. I've got no problem with that, they look good. Don't remember the last time we had the same uniforms for 3-4 seasons in a row.

did i miss something ?

why do you say this ?

the cumby must go...
1 x
RhodyNJ
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RhodyNJ »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago

did i miss something ?

why do you say this ?

the cumby must go...
The cumby is an Adidas staple.... until they change their design I don't think it goes anywhere.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Is that why all the photos of recruits and players don't tuck in their jerseys for pictures?
2 x
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago Is that why all the photos of recruits and players don't tuck in their jerseys for pictures?
Bingo
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

That's kind of embarrassing then.
0 x
GO RAMS
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

RhodyNJ wrote: 5 years ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago

did i miss something ?

why do you say this ?

the cumby must go...
The cumby is an Adidas staple.... until they change their design I don't think it goes anywhere.

the cumby was a stupid adidas stple from a few years back

i dont see the top adidas schools wearing the cumby anymore

time for new uniforms

its a new era

i say.. keep it mostly the same..

just change the shorts and throw ina strip if you want

time to change it up albeit very slightly...
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It isn’t changing. The players had on a new style warm up and the coaches had on a new style as well.
They looked sharp.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

The biggest problem with the Cumby is for the home uniforms the cumby blue is a different shade of light blue than the interlocked RI blue and the light blue trim on the jerseys!

Why does this Blue problem exist?
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago It isn’t changing. The players had on a new style warm up and the coaches had on a new style as well.
They looked sharp.

i don't mean to be confrontational.. so don't take it this way

but how do you know this ?

i know in the past the players have taken photo pics for upcoming season in prior year uniforms.. and then on game #1 they had on new uniforms
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I was talking to Dana. He was so excited about getting his uniforms. The players got their uniform this week before Media Day. Their names have been put on all three versions of the uniforms. Several of the Fr did videos on their IG stories with their new unis. They were hanging in their lockers during the event this week.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Thanks - that brings clarity to it !

I’m disappointed - but it’s not like I don’t like our current uniforms

I still feel we needed a tweak since more of the top tier adidas schools have abandoned the cumby a couple years ago I feel

I figured, a new regime deserved a new identity
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Looks like MIami ditched the cumby (?)

Time for URI to follow suit

I still believe we will have new unis this year
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Scratch that thought - his shirt is untucked

Everyone hates the cumby LOL
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

It’s awful, stain on a nice suit
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago Looks like MIami ditched the cumby (?)

Time for URI to follow suit

I still believe we will have new unis this year
You should scratch this thought too :roll:
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

holding out hope we have new shorts and ditch the cumby...

tick tock... we're about to find out...
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

We already found out. There are not new uniforms. These ones have worked out pretty well to this point so as much as I initially hated the cumby I’m in no hurry to switch it up.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Cumby is fine

Just need to get the right shade of blue for the home unis
0 x