PC Game Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
URIGONZO
ARD

PC Game Tickets

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Do URI Season Ticket holders get any preference in buying PC game tickets this year?

If not, what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks!!
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: PC Game Tickets

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I believe (don't quote me), PC designates a certain amount of tickets and the URI donors who donate the most get priority in buying the tickets.
0 x
Go Rhody
BarlowHall05
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by BarlowHall05 »

Do yourself a favor and do not buy the tickets through the season ticket holder allotment. They put us in the absolute worst spot in the Dunk. In 2014, we were well behind the baseline and the angle of the seats faced the PC students. It's an embarrassment that they actually charge money for those seats.
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Good point Barlow....I don't mind paying 20 or 30 extra dollars to not be in the corner with the blimps flying under my chin.
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Anybody got an inside line on when these go onsale?
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

BarlowHall05 wrote:Do yourself a favor and do not buy the tickets through the season ticket holder allotment. They put us in the absolute worst spot in the Dunk. In 2014, we were well behind the baseline and the angle of the seats faced the PC students. It's an embarrassment that they actually charge money for those seats.
By far one of the worst places to see a game.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Taylor Swift wrote:
BarlowHall05 wrote:Do yourself a favor and do not buy the tickets through the season ticket holder allotment. They put us in the absolute worst spot in the Dunk. In 2014, we were well behind the baseline and the angle of the seats faced the PC students. It's an embarrassment that they actually charge money for those seats.
By far one of the worst places to see a game.
With the seats so close together that you can't move your legs an inch to waiting hours to get out of the parking garage, it is absolutely miserable.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Plus there are a ton of bad view seats in the Dunk.
The angle of elevation is not very steep in many sections of the Arena. You can end up sitting a long way from the court and have difficulty seeing the action.
The Ryan Center is far, far superior to the Dunk.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

The Dunk, a nice minor league hockey arena.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Absolutely right. It was built for Hockey.
The best thing about going to see URI every year that they play PC in the Dunk is when I walk out of it and thank my lucky stars that we have the Ryan Center!!
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

ATPTourFan wrote:The Dunk, a nice minor league hockey arena.
Don't forget Disney on Ice and Monster Trucks.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

How did they not re-do the siding on the Dunk that faces 95 when they did the renovations a few years back. Looks so awful when passing through Providence.

Getting rid of Cheaters and their pink cinderblock building off 95 was a start I guess. :D
0 x
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Matunuck »

I suggest buying the cheapest tickets you can find. Don't even go to the seats, they suck. Watch the game from the bar. You can watch it live and on TV. I have done this for many years. Uber might be necessary.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I personally have a lot of great non-college basketball memories at the CIVIC CENTER, so I can't bash it. That said, the Ryan center is definitely better for basketball.
0 x
GO RAMS
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

I just called the PC ticket office and they said indidual game tickets will go on sale sometime next week. He also said that an email will go out to anybody that is on their ticket thread. Not sure how many people here would be on that thread but hopefully some info gets around
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just sent an email to someone who works at PC and was told individual tickets go on sale next Friday, EXCEPT for Rhody, Villanova and Butler.

Was told the best way to guarantee the Rhody game is by completing a 3 game mini package.

They DO NOT anticipate putting single game tickets for URI on sale because the demand is so high, so the best way to guarantee entry to the Rhody game would be by purchasing the 3 game mini plan.

Email was a little confusing, as the first paragraph I was told the Rhody, Nova, and Butler single game tickets won't go on sale YET, then at the end of the email, was told they do not anticipate selling single game tickets to URI.

Take that for what's its worth, I guess we'll find out soon enough...
0 x
Go Rhody
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Makes sense... probably won't be many single game tix available for Rhody/PC by the time they are released (if ever).

If that's true, I would be happy watching at a bar or friend's house before ever buying 3 PC games when I only care about one.

That said, PC tix demand will slump this season, so there WILL be SOME tix available for the PC game for those who want a single game and no package lock-in.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Buy the 3 game package for 90 dollars (just throwing a number out there), scalp the Nova and Butler games for 45 each and go to the Rhody game for free!
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Buy the 3 game package for 90 dollars (just throwing a number out there), scalp the Nova and Butler games for 45 each and go to the Rhody game for free!
Genius!!
0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

Rhody15 wrote:Just sent an email to someone who works at PC and was told individual tickets go on sale next Friday, EXCEPT for Rhody, Villanova and Butler.

Was told the best way to guarantee the Rhody game is by completing a 3 game mini package.

They DO NOT anticipate putting single game tickets for URI on sale because the demand is so high, so the best way to guarantee entry to the Rhody game would be by purchasing the 3 game mini plan.

Email was a little confusing, as the first paragraph I was told the Rhody, Nova, and Butler single game tickets won't go on sale YET, then at the end of the email, was told they do not anticipate selling single game tickets to URI.

I highly doubt that URI will sell out just from season ticket sales and the 3 game or 5 game pack sales so they would need to release them at some point unless they don't want to sell out
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

jmck wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:Just sent an email to someone who works at PC and was told individual tickets go on sale next Friday, EXCEPT for Rhody, Villanova and Butler.

I highly doubt that URI will sell out just from season ticket sales and the 3 game or 5 game pack sales so they would need to release them at some point unless they don't want to sell out
The game is at PC.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I go to the PC - URI game every year whether it's at URI or PC
I don't see this game selling out this year
PC is picked to finish 9th in their conference a big change from past years
Lots of. Ad seats in the Dunk
Marketing people want everyone to fear the sell out and therefore buy these packs
Sell out will not happen with this PC team
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:I go to the PC - URI game every year whether it's at URI or PC
I don't see this game selling out this year
PC is picked to finish 9th in their conference a big change from past years
Lots of. Ad seats in the Dunk
Marketing people want everyone to fear the sell out and therefore buy these packs
Sell out will not happen with this PC team
If we can get 4000 or so Rhody fans in there, it will sell out.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

According to the Projo podcast, PC season tickets are as strong as ever, so I presume they won't have trouble filling it up given URI's expectations.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

Billyboy78 wrote:
jmck wrote:

The game is at PC.
I know that. Was talking about it from PC's perspective.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

There will be single game tix available. Supply/Demand. Demand, on the home side (PC) is down. I'm not saying the remaining tix will be good, but you should be able to get in if you want.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ATPTourFan wrote:There will be single game tix available. Supply/Demand. Demand, on the home side (PC) is down. I'm not saying the remaining tix will be good, but you should be able to get in if you want.
It's a rivalry game, we may be ranked Top 25, and we'll be one of their best home game opponents.

The demand will be high for this game.
0 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PC's strategy of only including the game as part of a plan is good business practice. It is the same strategy URI has used for this game in many years. It helps drive up the ticket sales of other games and slightly discourages opposing team fans. It is a clear illustration of the fact that URI is not just another game on the schedule as the very disingenuous Ed Cooley and many Friar fans falsely claim. PC's handling of ticket distribution for the game in a similar fashion to its contest with the NCAA National Champion Villanova makes it abundantly clear this game is different.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It is a good business practice but the game will not be sold out. PC is picked 9th in the BE and Friarbfans will not be used to this type of season.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Has a PC/URI game at the Dunk ever not sold out?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Just two years ago it was a couple hundred people away from a sellout
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I don't know how people are saying this won't be a sellout. We're one of the best teams on their home schedule, potential top 25 team, and a rival.

This will 100% be a sellout.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Because it has not been a sell out in past PC games with URI. 2 years ago tickets could be bought at Dunk prior to game. PC nowhere near the team of two years ago this season. Picked 9th in BE.

URI does not buy a lot of tickets for the Dunk games
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Ramster, PC is coming off back to back to back NCAA tournaments. I am sure ticket sales are up regardless of their predicted finish, just poking the bear to infer interest is down there.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Ramster, our football team has been pathetic for years, yet just sold the most season tickets since I believe 2008?

So your argument on the predicted finish of PC in relation to ticket sales kind of doesn't hold merit, especially with the multiple reports of increased ticket sales.

If we make the tourney this year, will our season ticket sales dramatically decrease next year?

I doubt it.
0 x
Go Rhody
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

PC should draw very well. They'll miss the basketball (not necessarily Providence) fans who may have come out just to see Dunn, but that shouldn't be a huge number. They do have a few awkward start times because of the tv schedule.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

All I am going to say is the PC game will still have tickets for sale by walking up to the window on game day - just like every game I go to at PC which is every 2 years. No fear at all. If I could buy game day tickets for Dunn, be til, etc etc there is no reason tickets should be tougher to get that 2,4,6,8 or 10 years ago.
Not poking any bear, just me experience going to the games there. Seats will be. Rapt but still for sale. Better seats available on stub hub for sure.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I think the thing you are missing Ramster is that for the for the first time in a while, both programs have steam heading into the matchup. It's tough to compare year's prior because of variables like team success and time of game. This year's game having that Saturday late afternoon start gives many people the chance to make a day of the game. Plus, PC fans are still feeling momentum, most acknowledge it should be a down year compared to the last few but still think they could compete for the NIT (or bubble), they have no seniors, a great 2017 recruiting class, and big names in line for 2018. Season tickets continue to grow year by year for that reason. And then URI expects to be great, just between casual PC fans (who'd buy a 3 game pass) and season tickets (of which are at an all-time high I believe, over 8K?) and students (I believe PC has sold over 1,500 student season tickets), you don't think you could eclipse 11K right there before URI fans get a chance at them? If you take the chance walking up on gameday, you can probably find Joe the Scalper to have tickets, but doubt you'll find them at the box office.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Ramster, of course tickets are going to be harder to get than 4,6,8 years ago. PC wasn't coming off 3 straight NCAA appearances and playing consistently near the top of their conference 4,6 or 8 years ago. That is the type of prolonged winning that spikes ticket sales and interest - couple that with our strength and added hype this year and I would eat my computer if you can walk up and buy a ticket on game day.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:Has a PC/URI game at the Dunk ever not sold out?
Yes
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote:Ramster, of course tickets are going to be harder to get than 4,6,8 years ago. PC wasn't coming off 3 straight NCAA appearances and playing consistently near the top of their conference 4,6 or 8 years ago. That is the type of prolonged winning that spikes ticket sales and interest - couple that with our strength and added hype this year and I would eat my computer if you can walk up and buy a ticket on game day.
I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if they have some scattered singles or shitty seats available - most places do unless the whole ticket supply is scooped up by bots / re-sellers. But I'd be shocked if there were any decent, normal seats available, like if 5+ percent of the seats available on the day of were paired seats.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Agreed SG, I meant walking up and buying a seat that wasn't the worst seat in the house. There are always a few to be had in that bucket.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote:
bigappleram wrote:Ramster, of course tickets are going to be harder to get than 4,6,8 years ago. PC wasn't coming off 3 straight NCAA appearances and playing consistently near the top of their conference 4,6 or 8 years ago. That is the type of prolonged winning that spikes ticket sales and interest - couple that with our strength and added hype this year and I would eat my computer if you can walk up and buy a ticket on game day.
I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if they have some scattered singles or shitty seats available - most places do unless the whole ticket supply is scooped up by bots / re-sellers. But I'd be shocked if there were any decent, normal seats available, like if 5+ percent of the seats available on the day of were paired seats.
SG,
It will be interesting to see how PC does against Vermont, Ohio State and Memphis prior to the URI game. They are far from the team they have been the past 3 years with NCAA appearances. Picked to finish 2nd from the bottom by BE Coaches. They have missed on a lot of recruits that they spent heavy amounts of time going after.

I completely agree that good seats will not be available, the DUNK has so many bad seats since it was built for Hockey many people will opt to watch the game on TV versus sitting far away from the court AND at frequently very bad angles.

PC will smartly market the 3 game package. I would not recommend anybody fall for this unless you want to waste money on 2 other PC games that I would have no interest in.

You would be much better off buying on Stub Hub for just the single URI - PC game.

URI will draw well at the Ryan Center this year, I have no doubt about that, but URI fans have not traditionally travelled especially well to the Dunk. The fact that the game is on Saturday afternoon at 4:30pm will likely help as RJ says, but I still have not seen big turnouts of URI fans at the last 4-6 URI-PC Dunk games.

If you want to buy the 3-pack because you think this game will sell out early and Scalpers and Stub Hub will jack up the prices to levels that exceed the 3-pack cost they go ahead by all means.

I think waiting it out, seeing how PC does in their games versus Ohio State and Memphis, seeing how PC plays and how URI plays versus Cincinnati could be the best strategy for ticket buying. Getting tickets from a PC Season Ticket Holder on Stub Hub because they can't make the game can result in a much, much better seat for what could be a very satisfying URI performance at long last at the Dunk. That is the path I'll be taking.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

StubHub at $70 today. Do I have to buy these to lock it in? Is there any other release?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:StubHub at $70 today. Do I have to buy these to lock it in? Is there any other release?
You can get a 3 game mini plan with the URI game for as cheap as $51. I'd hold off on buying from stubhub, prices will most likely drop.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Nice. Thank you.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I just got a call from "Ed Cooley" .... I'm not buying.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody74 wrote:I just got a call from "Ed Cooley" .... I'm not buying.
I did yesterday.

What I did like about the call though, when the voicemail was translated to words on my phone, it changed "The Dunk" to "The Dump." Guess my iPhone knows best. :D
0 x
Go Rhody
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Yup.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Whats the chances they start selling individual tickets sometime soon? I can't imagine they are going to sellout these miniplans right? Anyone from past experience know how low they get on stub-hub? I could of sworn I bought individual tickets at the dump two years ago.
0 x