Should Brutus Be Banned From Keaney Blue?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.

Sould Brutus Be Banned from Keaney Blue?

Yes
47%
No
13%
I don't care
39%

Total votes: 38

rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Should Brutus Be Banned From Keaney Blue?

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Should Brutus be banned from Keaney Blue?
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Should Brutus Be Banned From Keaney Blue?

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Anyone can block Brutus by setting him as a Foe. Simply click on his Profile button and click the Foe link under his avatar to have all his posts blocked. You can show any of his hidden posts as they appear with just one click.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

That's not the same. He doesn't know who's blocked him.
He's only here for ONE reason.
Let's not kid ourselves.
87 posts since 11-27, all with a mocking tone.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

???E tu Bruti???
Tu sei morte per me!!!
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think in general we want to avoid being the thought police and kicking people out of our community for having a different point of view. Brutus has already been put on 24 hour restriction once for being belligerent and unresponsive in a supposed discussion. If it becomes clear that he is uninterested in being part of the discourse here and is solely using our community as a dumping ground for his unabashed biases, then he will be removed. That goes for everyone, though. Sean is proof that we are welcoming of opposing viewpoints and do not demand homogeny of opinion here.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Rod-

Do you realize that you are at the center of most of these p*ssing contests? People are allowed to be critical of x, y, or z as long as it is part of a good conversation. You want to ban everyone who doesn't agree with you.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

It's not as if he's here to talk basketball.
Every post is a taunting tone, and not looking for discussion, but
"I'm so well informed, and I'm letting you peons in on my great knowledge!"
As you once said to me TP, it's about tone.
Sean talks basketball, and isn't beligerent.
If we all agreed, we wouldn't need a discussion board.
A healthy debate is always welcome, and should be.
Brutus is not here to discuss, but to belittle.
As for Baronbegone....birds of a feather.......
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Yeah, Rod. Tone does matter. As I mentioned, Brutus has already been slapped for the way he interacts with other posters here. If it becomes an ongoing thing, we'll deal with it. My suspicion is that it will be a short-lived problem. Once the conference realignment talk dies down a bit we probably won't hear from him until next November.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I don't see his posts anymore, so it doesn't matter to me.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

I agree with Rod. He signed up right around the PC game. I thought that was why this forum
was started. So we didn't have to deal with idiots like this.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Welcome back, JimiT!
Agree! I thought we left the old Projo board to avoid the same jackass
who used to spam the board, continually.
Putting the clown on "Foe" isn't quite the same as banning him.
There is no way he's here to discuss basketball.
I should have eliminated the " I don't care" option, so people
couldn't take the easy way out.
Notice there's not a single "no" vote.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I find delusional Friar fans amusing actually.

Ryan Center banged out with 7K fans dressed in Keaney blue is their ultimate nightmare....as they continue
to play in the dump downtown.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Welcome back, JimiT!
Agree! I thought we left the old Projo board to avoid the same jackass
who used to spam the board, continually.
Putting the clown on "Foe" isn't quite the same as banning him.
There is no way he's here to discuss basketball.
I should have eliminated the " I don't care" option, so people
couldn't take the easy way out.
Notice there's not a single "no" vote.
I don't know if it was the "easy" way out .... since I no longer see his posts it didn't matter. If I didn't have that option, I definitely would've have voted yes. If you don't play nice, you don't get to play. But I'm old-fashioned that way ....
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Don't encourage him by giving all this attention to him. If you show restraint and ignore him, he will lose interest. If he goes to the next level to disrupt this community, action will be taken.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

good point ATP.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
kal-65
Jeff Kent

Unread post by kal-65 »

it is better to to keep your mouth shut and let all think you are a fool,than to open it and remove all doubt.brutus has opened his mouth
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Don't care, don't read'em............
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

rodfromcranston wrote:It's not as if he's here to talk basketball.
Every post is a taunting tone, and not looking for discussion, but
"I'm so well informed, and I'm letting you peons in on my great knowledge!"
As you once said to me TP, it's about tone.
Sean talks basketball, and isn't beligerent.
If we all agreed, we wouldn't need a discussion board.
A healthy debate is always welcome, and should be.
Brutus is not here to discuss, but to belittle.
As for Baronbegone....birds of a feather.......
You are absolutely wrong Rod. You can go back and read my posts from the beginning. I have inside knowledge about the BE7 situation. I came here to share it with everyone because what happens with that situation affects URI and it's fans, so I thought you all may like to know what is going on. But as is often the case over here I was saying things people didn't want to hear and started to be attacked over it. I wasn't posting to gloat, just trying to give info that I thought you would all appreciate.

Now after being attacked especially by you Rod, I admit I've become taunting, but that's because of the way I've been treated. JimT says I came on around the URI/PC game. Find a post where I bragged about PC winning. I believe I've barely mentioned the game.

Also find where I've called anyone a name, or put down your University.

How about when you Rod went to the PC board to play nice and Friar fans who read this forum called you out for belittling PC here every chance you get? You're one to talk.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

enough with the passive aggressive delusional talk....you have ZERO inside knowledge and none of your posts here were meant to be informational. No one with insider info on the movements of the BE7 is trolling the URI board. stop puffing yourself up, you are a loser of the highest order.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

bigappleram wrote:enough with the passive aggressive delusional talk....you have ZERO inside knowledge and none of your posts here were meant to be informational. No one with insider info on the movements of the BE7 is trolling the URI board. stop puffing yourself up, you are a loser of the highest order.
BAR, I'm smiling!!! :D
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

As I've often said, I have nothing against PC as an institution, or their program in general.
My parents were PC fans, and I encouraged my daughter to go there, instead of Assumption.
That said, when our coach, our school, it's location, it's alums, it's basketball program and it's conference
were getting ripped in a snide way on the PC board, damned right I hit back.
When I mentioned PC hasn't been relevant since 1997, that was the truth. just as we haven't been since 1999.
Playing in the Big East, didn't make them relevant, other than being a second tier member most years.
That was taken as blasphemy on your board. Yet, it's true.
I notice that there's a two page thread about URI going lower. I didn't bother posting there,
because it's the same old baloney. How about the thread about something to do with urine and URI?
You don't read that garbage on this site.
I have respect for PC fans who care about the game, and aren't interested in the, condescending, obnoxious, "mine's bigger
than yours" nonsense.
If you botherd to read this board last year, you'd have read how I envied PC for getting a fine new coach and a new
outlook, as opposed to what we had going on.
If there was no URI, I'd still be a basketball fan.
You go ahead and think whatever you like.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

So let me see if I understand Rod, if URI is getting ripped in a snide way on the PC boiard, damn right you'll defend them, but I'm a troll if I do the same here defending PC. Is that about right?

And how many times on this board has PC been called Pee Cee? RIRed alone does it all the time, but there are others that also do this.

I have never hated URI in fact I have in the past been to URI home games where they were playing someone other than PC, just because I love college basketball so much.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

For the record, I've never called PC Pee Cee.
Defending PC is fine. Loyalty is a good thing.
Taunting is another thing.
Sean defends PC constantly. Nobody here is too bent out of shape, because
he's a gentleman, and isn't trying to rub salt in wounds.
Can't count the times I've said, "Let's worry about our own program, first."
I've seen many PC games over the years, that didn't involve URI.
Louisville last year.
Just take the vitriol down a notch and you'll be fine.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Rod, just to make clear I do know you don't call PC, Pee Cee, if it came across that I did I apologize.

And another thing, I have no problem with what you posted on the PC board because if they are going to put down any institution then that institutions fans have every right to defend them.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Fine, peace!
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

rodfromcranston wrote:Fine, peace!
Seriously Merry Christmas to you and your family.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

And to you and yours, and a better New Year!
0 x
Issac
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Issac »

The guy should be banned. He is here just to belittle URI and its fans. It takes a certain kind of person who enjoys needled others to spend time on a rival's board to this degree. There are no lofty intents with these kinds of people. They may even have mental issues. Most message boards are moderated to control this kind of discussion and the only way to do it by banning out of control posters. That's what the PC board would do as well as many others many others.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Issac wrote:The guy should be banned. He is here just to belittle URI and its fans. It takes a certain kind of person who enjoys needled others to spend time on a rival's board to this degree. There are no lofty intents with these kinds of people. They may even have mental issues. Most message boards are moderated to control this kind of discussion and the only way to do it by banning out of control posters. That's what the PC board would do as well as many others many others.
Belittle URI? I'll have you know that when I go to URI games I actually am vocal and cheer for them to win. I believe it was the first year of the Ryan Center and Pitt came in for a game. Even though they were from the Big East as PC, I was there cheering for the A10's URI Rams. Something tells me Issac you wouldn't be big enough to do that for the Friars.
0 x
Issac
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Issac »

You've been a phony from the first day on this board. And, BTW, you're not fooling anyone with your flattery/dumping alternations and we all know you have been on this board with another screen name.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Issac wrote:You've been a phony from the first day on this board. And, BTW, you're not fooling anyone with your flattery/dumping alternations and we all know you have been on this board with another screen name.
I've never been on this board as any other handle. Nice try.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

My impression of Brutus is that he is here to rub salt into the wounds....he tries to come off as bringing relevant information, but I believe it masks his true agenda.....he does give info and it may be factual....but I feel his condescension.....

....his choice of name is indicative of his persona....remember the symbolism in that name with it's Latin meaning of ugly and brutal....who would choose that as their persona....I think this is indicative of his agenda....

.....that being said.....I will never vote to ban anyone.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Ramulous wrote:My impression of Brutus is that he is here to rub salt into the wounds....he tries to come off as bringing relevant information, but I believe it masks his true agenda.....he does give info and it may be factual....but I feel his condescension.....

....his choice of name is indicative of his persona....remember the symbolism in that name with it's Latin meaning of ugly and brutal....who would choose that as their persona....I think this is indicative of his agenda....

.....that being said.....I will never vote to ban anyone.
Ramulous, you are one of the more rational posters here. When I first came here to let everyone know what's going on I was immediately attacked because I was presenting things that many here did not want to hear. Being that I'm a PC grad posters started thinking I was "gloating" and "trolling" which wasn't why I was posting. Now naturally after being attacked I admit I've fought back and been, at times, sarcastic, but that's only because of what I was called.

Like I've said, I attend URI games now and then and only wish the best for them except for 1 game a year. I believe they have a good coach in place with some recruits coming in, and will have to be taken seriously in the A10. URI is definitely moving in the right direction.
0 x
bkrichmond

Unread post by bkrichmond »

Brutus, you had exactly one post as a member of this board before Dec. 8. Go read them again and tell me if you don't think you were here merely to go on the attack.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Brutus.....my impression is that you are akin to a "sore winner...spoilsport"....your school has come out on the better end of the conference realignment than URI....and rather than being magnanimous you are "getting even" with the majority of posters here with your condescending "good wishes" for us....

....it is bullying behavior on your part, in my opinion..

et Tu ?
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

bkrichmond wrote:Brutus, you had exactly one post as a member of this board before Dec. 8. Go read them again and tell me if you don't think you were here merely to go on the attack.
Right bk, it's my fault that this conference info is coming out right after the PC/URI game. How come I haven't gloated about PC winning the game? It's because I'm here because of the realignment issue, nothing more.

But you on the other hand disappear from the PC board the day after PC wins. What's up with that?
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Ramulous wrote:Brutus.....my impression is that you are akin to a "sore winner...spoilsport"....your school has come out on the better end of the conference realignment than URI....and rather than being magnanimous you are "getting even" with the majority of posters here with your condescending "good wishes" for us....

....it is bullying behavior on your part, in my opinion..

et Tu ?
Merry Christmas!
0 x
bkrichmond

Brutus wrote:
ace wrote:Was there a bloody sock involved, fake or otherwise?

No but I heard Nik had a bloody hand from punching another wall at the end of the game.
Right, this is constructive...and concerns realignment...and doesn't gloat about the PC game...and is generally something you would say if you encountered the player in question.
Last edited by bkrichmond 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
bkrichmond

And don't worry about me or anyone else being on the PC Board. I've been there and posted a couple of times, but with your myopic and disingenuous views you likely missed those. That's okay. You'll have plenty of time to check it out when you're banned from this board.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

bkrichmond wrote:
Brutus wrote:
ace wrote:Was there a bloody sock involved, fake or otherwise?

No but I heard Nik had a bloody hand from punching another wall at the end of the game.
Right, this is constructive...and concerns realignment...and doesn't gloat about the PC game...and is generally something you would say if you encountered the player in question.
All I did was have a comeback for what ace said.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

bkrichmond wrote:And don't worry about me or anyone else being on the PC Board. I've been there and posted a couple of times, but with your myopic and disingenuous views you likely missed those. That's okay. You'll have plenty of time to check it out when you're banned from this board.
If you read one of my first posts to you I stated that recently you finally posted on the PC board, so I didn't say you have completely faded away, only that it took you a week after the game to post and when you did you had no mention of the game.
0 x
bkrichmond

I simply had nothing to add to the discussion. You should take a note from that and follow that model.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

This is quickly becoming The Brutus Board.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Brutus has informed me that he will take a self-imposed leave from this board, since things are just escalating in the wrong direction.

I will therefore lock up this thread so we may move beyond this short, strange chapter in our lives.
0 x