A10Talk.com - The Case for Wichita State Moving to the A10

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: A10Talk.com - The Case for Wichita State Moving to the A

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

CT Rhody wrote:I would agree. It's a fun conversation piece for sure. If you now exclude St Bona (In the middle of nowhere and historically not strong, and Lasalle which has a limited fan base, terrible attendance numbers and a small arena) to then get the conference to 10 teams, I think the conference as a whole would be viewed as a high major conference.

Do people agree with that assessment? This conference would especially be tough next year with Umass's top recruiting class being sophomores, St Louis much improved next year and St Joe's a year recovered from their heavy losses.

Rhode Island
Dayton
VCU
Wichita State
Richmond
GW
Umass
St Louis
Davidson
St Joe's
If this were to be the current conference, 3/4 of it would be in NCAA tourney contention. It's a good lineup for sure.
0 x
GO RAMS
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

While basketball is the jewel, the A-10 has 19 sports. Finding the money to send the women's softball team etc. to Kansas isn't easy. I'd like to see the conference go to two divisions by building a second division around Richmond, Dayton, Davidson, VCU and George Mason. St. Louis has never been a good fit.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I like 4 4-team divisions....home and home within division....one game against non-division foes rotating home and home year to year.....18 conference games....
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Do you still like it when our division is UMass, Fordham and St Bonaventure?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Do you still like it when our division is UMass, Fordham and St Bonaventure?
no
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

It is all cyclical.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Apparently St. Bonaventure had studied the option of moving to DIII athletics recently

https://live.buffalonews.com/2016/08/21 ... naventure/
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

SBU only has a total undergraduate enrollment of about 1800 students. Their enrollment has dropped tens of percent over the last decade. They have empty dorm floors and have moved to consolidate students in dorms and on floors leaving some completely empty so they do not need heat and maintenance. They also recently changed their housing policy which will add another year mandating students live on campus. I think only seniors are now allowed to live off campus. The cynic in me thinks their money issue with empty beds played a part in the decision. The school has had severe financial issues. It's high cost as a private along with its remote location has hurt enrollment. It is not an elite school or place with unique and distinguished programs which might mitigate cost and location. As with many small private schools, particularly those with religious affiliations, it is struggling in a new higher ed environment.
0 x