ESPN Ranking of A-10 Venues

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

ESPN Ranking of A-10 Venues

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

I thought this might interest some of the fans on here. Looks like the Ryan Center is ranked #4. Sounds about right.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... difficulty
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: ESPN Ranking of A-10 Venues

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I haven't visited VCU or Dayton but I wouldn't put us a head of them, but I see URI at #3. It's honestly like the fans are on top of you do to the seating levels at the Ryan Center. Makes 7,800 people feel closer to 10,000.
0 x
GO RAMS
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Honestly when I first just saw the post and #4, I thought it sounded too high. But then after actually looking at the list I realized I probably wouldn't put us behind any of the schools listed after us so #4 probably is about right. There is a long way to go though to get even close to Dayton or VCU that's for sure.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I've never thought of the RC as a difficult place to play for opponents. Keaney was much more difficult.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

4 Is right for us at this time. We should be able to jump Davidson's Belk arena after this year.
Never been to Dayton or Davidson's arena's.
Dayton's is obviously the toughest, never thought or heard about Belk arena being a difficult place to play, but it gets seriously loud at VCU. The seats all just fall into a bit and it shakes in there.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote:I've never thought of the RC as a difficult place to play for opponents. Keaney was much more difficult.
Right, that was my initial thought as well, but then after seeing everybody who is behind us I'm not sure they are any tougher/better. It's almost like it should be 1-3 and then the rest tied for last. Ok maybe put Fordham last by itself.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote:I've never thought of the RC as a difficult place to play for opponents. Keaney was much more difficult.
We have also never really been good since the building opened. I think that is the biggest factor in what places are the toughest to play, more than the construction of the building or whatever.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote:
We have also never really been good since the building opened. I think that is the biggest factor in what places are the toughest to play, more than the construction of the building or whatever.
Also true, the potential is there for sure. It has been great at times, just too few and far between.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

It has been awesome at times...way louder than I ever thought possible. Haven't been to any of those ranked ahead, but definitely tougher than the conference places I have been to. Looking to try to get to Davidson this year (if the work travel and schedule aligns) and see how that stacks up.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

How about St. Joe's? Never easy playing 5 on 8.
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

Dayton definitely #1. St. Bonaventure could argue to be ahead of uri.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

ramfan85 wrote:How about St. Joe's? Never easy playing 5 on 8.
That was my thought. If you take officiating into consideration then St. Joe's moves way up.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

BC, PC, Nebraska,VCU,Dayton,Davidson, the big games, incredibly loud and our fans can be obnoxious to the opponent (if you do it right). Consistency is a factor which would put Dayton and VCU up there too.
0 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

The last two years we're 14-4 at home in the A10 and 8-10 on the road. I haven't looked to see what other teams are doing during that time, but that looks like a pretty significant home court advantage that we enjoy.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

The design of the RC works well, all that noise is close together. Even at half capacity the building can still be rocking.
0 x