Big East, ACC, A10 and Colonial form officiating alliance

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Big East, ACC, A10 and Colonial form officiating alliance

Unread post by adam914 »

Bryan Kersey is now in charge of our officiating...what could possibly go wrong!

http://www.providencejournal.com/articl ... /160629335
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Big East, ACC, A10 and Colonial form officiating allianc

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Based on the article it seems like he was already in charge. The A10 formed an officiating alliance with the ACC two years ago and Kersey is their coordinator. It sounds like this just adds the Big East to what was already in place in brings their coordinator in to work with Kersey.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Kersey is the enemy right?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

All refs are the enemy. He's just one of the mortal enemies if my recollection is correct.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Haha exactly, I really just wanted another reason to post about that idiot.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Big East, ACC, A10 and Colonial form officiating alliance

Unread post by ace »

Four more conferences have been added to this-

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... iance/amp/

There was no mention of a subcommittee in charge of the dismissal of Wally Rutecki, but I'm hoping that's just a temporary oversight. So many different fan bases can't stand him. It's quite an accomplishment.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Hahah... Wallllllyyyyy!!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

if it brings about more consistent officiating, I'm all for it. Now, you never know what to expect game to game. That's got to be frustrating for a defense-oriented team like Rhody.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Does this mean they'll share refs? Or just ideas? Because if you have the same poop guys doing our games it won't matter what they talk about with their peers.

It would benefit all conferences if refs had variety in the games they called. You can't form favorites and build rivalries if you're not calling the same team twice.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

My understanding of the initial plan was for conferences to better coordinate travel schedules for officials -- Rather than have Official A in Kingston on Night 1, Miami on Night 2, and Providence on Night 3, they work together on the schedule to make sure that their officials aren't flying back and forth across the east coast calling games, but the goal is definitely not to cycle the same 15-18 refs through New England for example, they'll spend time up here, and then probably spend some time in the Carolinas, etc. Regardless, I believe all officials are still considered independent contractors, so they could still willingly elect to work games in other conferences and burden themselves with games/exhaustion.
2 x